Supreme Court to Temporarily Hold Abortion Pill Ban Until Friday

i wish every liberal here had a mother that was really far left and never had any children or aborted you mother fookin son of a bitches when they did
Actually my parents were racists and anti- gay. Late in my mother's life she realized both were wrong from the get-go. My father died to young to reform his views. He died in 1967 when both hatreds were very much alive and sick ( not well ).

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court said Friday evening that the abortion pill mifepristone would remain widely available for now, delaying the potential for an abrupt end to a drug that is used in more than half of abortions in the United States.

The order halted two rulings that had sought to curb the availability of the mifepristone as an appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit moves forward: one from a federal judge in Texas who suspended the drug from the market entirely and another from the appeals court that had imposed significant barriers on the pill, including blocking access by mail.

The one-paragraph order, which was unsigned, is the second time in a year that the Supreme Court has considered a major effort to sharply curtail access to abortion. In overturning Roe v. Wade in June, a conservative majority said that it was leaving the issue of abortion to elected officials.
  • Two justices, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr., dissented publicly. Justice Thomas gave no reasons. Justice Alito wrote that he was aware that the court had been criticized for issuing orders through the emergency applications docket, what critics call the “shadow docket.”
  • Reaction from abortion-rights groups was swift. “The Supreme Court’s decision is a huge relief, but we’re not out of the woods yet,” said Nancy Northup, head of the Center for Reproductive Rights, adding that the Texas ruling blocking access to mifepristone had “sowed chaos, confusion and panic.”
  • The order was in one sense no surprise, as members of the Supreme Court’s conservative majority have generally supported the F.D.A.’s authority to make decisions about drug safety.

Alito and Thomas dissent. Alito talks out of both sides of his face, and the fact Thomas took the time away from his vacation bribes from his right wing billionaire handler, was curious.

Great News!!!!

People who are NOT doctor's have right to decide what medication a Woman should be able take.

No judge has the professional knowledge or should ahve the judicial authority to regulate the FDA.

Congress created the agency, and Congress can regulate it. I hope that it does not.

Life-altering medications for Alzheimer's and cancer are ever more close, and no one in his or her right mind wants a judge interfering in matters she or he does not understand.

Goody, America. More dead babies. Dance around in joy.

We are ripe for Judgment. My own opinion: the big CA earthquake. I have no inside information on that; not claiming "God told me" (no, ick). But it would track right along.

It’s just a stay pending further court determinations. Actually, a reasonable action by the Court.
I agree. I support the recent ruling removing a nation wide rubber-stamp for abortions and the return of the issue to the states. I hope this decision follows the same logic. It should be up to the states to decide.

“The Supreme Court’s decision is a huge relief, but we’re not out of the woods yet,”
Indeed.

This is a Court dominated by blind partisan conservative ideologues who seek to increase the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty, pursuing an agenda hostile to privacy and reproductive rights.

No judge has the professional knowledge or should ahve the judicial authority to regulate the FDA.

Congress created the agency, and Congress can regulate it. I hope that it does not.

Life-altering medications for Alzheimer's and cancer are ever more close, and no one in his or her right mind wants a judge interfering in matters she or he does not understand

Harming young children and teenagers by toxic injection is urged by the government. What a fucked up world.
There exists in this world both light & darkness. For some reason many folks prefer to dwell in the darkness with only a few folks preferring to dwell in the light. Just the way it is, tragically.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court said Friday evening that the abortion pill mifepristone would remain widely available for now, delaying the potential for an abrupt end to a drug that is used in more than half of abortions in the United States.

The order halted two rulings that had sought to curb the availability of the mifepristone as an appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit moves forward: one from a federal judge in Texas who suspended the drug from the market entirely and another from the appeals court that had imposed significant barriers on the pill, including blocking access by mail.

The one-paragraph order, which was unsigned, is the second time in a year that the Supreme Court has considered a major effort to sharply curtail access to abortion. In overturning Roe v. Wade in June, a conservative majority said that it was leaving the issue of abortion to elected officials.
  • Two justices, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr., dissented publicly. Justice Thomas gave no reasons. Justice Alito wrote that he was aware that the court had been criticized for issuing orders through the emergency applications docket, what critics call the “shadow docket.”
  • Reaction from abortion-rights groups was swift. “The Supreme Court’s decision is a huge relief, but we’re not out of the woods yet,” said Nancy Northup, head of the Center for Reproductive Rights, adding that the Texas ruling blocking access to mifepristone had “sowed chaos, confusion and panic.”
  • The order was in one sense no surprise, as members of the Supreme Court’s conservative majority have generally supported the F.D.A.’s authority to make decisions about drug safety.

Alito and Thomas dissent. Alito talks out of both sides of his face, and the fact Thomas took the time away from his vacation bribes from his right wing billionaire handler, was curious.
Part of me hopes they ban it because it will wake more people up to the threat of the Taliban mentality's attempts to control the country.

The all asshat, no cattle judge in Texas, messed up when he struck down the FDA's ruling. There were no grounds for that. Y'all want to get rid of the abortion pill, try a method that's not completely asinine.

The all asshat, no cattle judge in Texas, messed up when he struck down the FDA's ruling. There were no grounds for that. Y'all want to get rid of the abortion pill, try a method that's not completely asinine.
Did you hear him try to speak on the video, he's one messed up dude, how he ever became a judge is beyond reason. Must have been appointed by trump, definitely not qualified, not even a cattle show in Texas. And he said something really crazy, he said you can't blame the gays for all of this. Blame. ? He must believe something is wrong and of course he takes no responsibility for it. Typical republican, blame someone else for your perceived problem. There is no problem but fools like this interfering with other people's lives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back