Supreme Court Staying Out of Photographer's Same-Sex Client Case

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
Just in:

Supreme Court Staying Out of Photographer's Same-Sex Client Case - NBC News

The court's action leaves a lower court ruling in place, finding that the photographer violated a state anti-discrimination law.

Though the photographer, Elaine Huguenin of Albuquerque, refused to photograph the ceremony on religious grounds, her appeal was based on a claim that her right of free expression as a creative artist allowed her to reject a client if the assignment would compel her to express an idea she opposes.

They have spoken. By not taking the case.

Just in:

The court's action leaves a lower court ruling in place, finding that the photographer violated a state anti-discrimination law.

Though the photographer, Elaine Huguenin of Albuquerque, refused to photograph the ceremony on religious grounds, her appeal was based on a claim that her right of free expression as a creative artist allowed her to reject a client if the assignment would compel her to express an idea she opposes.

They may have denied it due to technical reasons, not due to the content of the lawsuit.

they have not spoken on the merits of the case, because they did not take the case.

I expect your support of forcing black photographers to work at a KKK wedding as well.

The lower court decision in the photography case was a very good decision and contained the blueprint for future photographers to act within their beliefs.

Just in:

They may have denied it due to technical reasons, not due to the content of the lawsuit.

they have not spoken on the merits of the case, because they did not take the case.

I expect your support of forcing black photographers to work at a KKK wedding as well.
Their decline speaks volumes.

As to the KKK, if you'd read the actual NM Supreme Court decision (which you surely didn't) -- they actually addressed exactly that point.

Bone up on it, whydoncha?

The lower court decision in the photography case was a very good decision and contained the blueprint for future photographers to act within their beliefs.
True. The bigots are free to still be bigots, they just have to be more creative with how they discriminate.

The lower court did provide some guidance in that.

As to the KKK, if you'd read the actual NM Supreme Court decision (which you surely didn't) -- they actually addressed exactly that point.

I've read it and their justification of their view is just as flimsy as the whole decision.

You and the gutless assholes who hold your position just want to force people to hold to YOUR moral and political beliefs, and are too cowardly to force the people to do it, you use government's gun to do it.

You are fascists, pure and simple, and need to be exposed as such.

I've read it and their justification of their view is just as flimsy as the whole decision.

You and the gutless assholes who hold your position just want to force people to hold to YOUR moral and political beliefs, and are too cowardly to force the people to do it, you use government's gun to do it.

With hopes, someone will change your diaper soon.

With hopes, someone will change your diaper soon.

Nice response dickweed. Eat a neg.

SCOTT declined to take the case because the lower court decision did not need to be changed or clarified. Following this decision gay couples will have to prove that a service was advertised to the general public. Not that the service was merely available upon request or special arrangement.

Like abortion and gay marriage where the right uses government to make it illegal?
Pot meet kettle

Like abortion and gay marriage where the right uses government to make it illegal?
Pot meet kettle

I've never voted to disallow abortion OR gay marriage. What I support is a State's right to make laws for both, as the US constitution is neutral on both topics.

I live in NY, where both will always be legal and protected. Who cares if Mississippi wants to ban both? Guess what here is a solution, if you don't like it MOVE OUT OF MISSISSIPPI.

Pot meet kettle

I've never voted to disallow abortion OR gay marriage. What I support is a State's right to make laws for both, as the US constitution is neutral on both topics.

I live in NY, where both will always be legal and protected. Who cares if Mississippi wants to ban both? Guess what here is a solution, if you don't like it MOVE OUT OF MISSISSIPPI.

So you are the GOP party? Go figure

Pot meet kettle

I am a strict constructional federalist, and right now the GOP leans more towards my positions than the Democratic party.

SCOTT declined to take the case because the lower court decision did not need to be changed or clarified. Following this decision gay couples will have to prove that a service was advertised to the general public. Not that the service was merely available upon request or special arrangement.
It's not too difficult to determine if a business is subject to Public Accommodation laws.

In fact, it's exceedingly simple.

Pot meet kettle

And you like cock, go figure

Forum List

Back