Suppose the right wing is able to outlaw abortion. Then what?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Well, we know what it was like from before when it was illegal.

Young girls died going to backstreet abortionists.

There were a lot of unwanted children.

Many unwanted children grow up to be criminals.

Now we know that right wingers will do nothing to support these children or their mothers. How many Conservative Christian Right Wingers right here on the USMB say: It's not my kid. Why should I help pay for it. And they think the mothers were whores.

And if the child was a result of rape, then what?

And if the child was a result of incest, then what?

What I really want to know is what is it these right wingers expect to happen? That the US will turn into utopia because they outlawed abortion? You know that people with money will simply go outside the country to get an abortion.

I doubt it will ever happen. The repugs would lose a prized wedge issue to rile their religious base with. Besides, just as many repug women are getting abortions as the liberals they castigate.
Actually it may very well happen if Kennedy, Breyer, or Ginsburg were replaced with a Trump appointee.

If privacy rights jurisprudence were to be overturned it would not mean abortion would be illegal throughout the United States; it would mean most red states hostile to privacy rights would enact or enforce laws compelling a woman to give birth against her will.

The question becomes would conservatives be satisfied with this, where abortion remains legal in most of the country.

Likely not.

The authoritarian right would then seek to enact Federal legislation ‘banning’ abortion – and failing that, a Constitutional amendment.

• Banned
I doubt it will ever happen. The repugs would lose a prized wedge issue to rile their religious base with. Besides, just as many repug women are getting abortions as the liberals they castigate.
I think you are probably wrong. Look at what they are trying to do with healthcare. They want to end it for tens of millions of Americans so they can give a tax break to billionaire donors. It has a good chance of passing. And included is destroying healthcare. And they need that money because their donors have told them that if they don't rape the middle class and shovel the money their way, they will stop funding Republicans.

• Banned
You would think after decades, Republicans have been crying that Democrats are murderers for allowing abortion. So here's a thread on defending abortion and where are the right wingers? They are supposed to be screaming all the wonderful benefits.

Then what?

Unless liberals do what they do best - ignore the law - then we're gonna have one hell of a "bloom" of future-Democrat babies.

But laws are for ordinary people, so not to worry.

Now we know that right wingers will do nothing to support these children or their mothers. How many Conservative Christian Right Wingers right here on the USMB say: It's not my kid. Why should I help pay for it. And they think the mothers were whores.

What I really want to know is what is it these right wingers expect to happen? That the US will turn into utopia because they outlawed abortion? You know that people with money will simply go outside the country to get an abortion.

Republicans want to overturn Roe vs. Wade about as badly as they want to repeal Obamacare.

They don't.

Andrew-klavin-gosnell.jpg

Dims prefer to keep it legal and refuse to go after mass murders like Gosnell cuz abortion is such a political football.

And yes, 30 years plus of mass murder makes him the biggest mass murderer in US history.

Well, the same thing will happen.
There will be thousands of unwanted children. They will be pouring into the foster care system will little hope of a successful future. Many will be abused, many will get into criminal trouble and or drug abuse. The welfare system will be receiving every 18 year old that ages out, and have no where else to go.
Our problem of child hunger will increase.
Our population of homeless will increase.
The cycle of generational poverty will be stronger than ever.

Then the republicans will cry about them boom in social welfare for decades to come.

(1) any decision affecting the legality of abortion would have a waiting period (at least 9 months) before going into effect.

(2) the "right" to abort is tied to the non-existent Constitutional right of privacy, therefore overturning Roe v. Wade would be simple, and easy.

(3) governance of abortion would revert to the states, pending a Constitutitional amendment defining human life. Most abortions are performed in Leftist stronghold states, so...

(4) the incidence of "botched abortions" resulting in death or serious consequences for the mother before Roe v. Wade is greatly exaggerated (for political effect). In gross numbers it's not a big deal, especially when compared with the current deaths of thousands of babies every year.

(5) there are many, many more "unwanted babies" now than there were before the general availability of artificial birth Control & abortion.

(6) only a cynical moron would suppose that elimination of abortion would not result in a change in behavior (e.g., the more diligent use of BC), in the affected group of women.

(7) this will not happen in any of our lifetimes. The Supreme Court is extremely reluctant to reverse anything that would have the effect of taking away a "right," even if it is a bogus one.

Then what?

Unless liberals do what they do best - ignore the law - then we're gonna have one hell of a "bloom" of future-Democrat babies.

But laws are for ordinary people, so not to worry.
That doesn't make any sense.

(1) any decision affecting the legality of abortion would have a waiting period (at least 9 months) before going into effect.

(2) the "right" to abort is tied to the non-existent Constitutional right of privacy, therefore overturning Roe v. Wade would be simple, and easy.

(3) governance of abortion would revert to the states, pending a Constitutitional amendment defining human life. Most abortions are performed in Leftist stronghold states, so...

(4) the incidence of "botched abortions" resulting in death or serious consequences for the mother before Roe v. Wade is greatly exaggerated (for political effect). In gross numbers it's not a big deal, especially when compared with the current deaths of thousands of babies every year.

(5) there are many, many more "unwanted babies" now than there were before the general availability of artificial birth Control & abortion.

(6) only a cynical moron would suppose that elimination of abortion would not result in a change in behavior (e.g., the more diligent use of BC), in the affected group of women.

(7) this will not happen in any of our lifetimes. The Supreme Court is extremely reluctant to reverse anything that would have the effect of taking away a "right," even if it is a bogus one.
So it's about power over women? Making them do something you feel they should do? Is that right?

Dims prefer to keep it legal and refuse to go after mass murders like Gosnell cuz abortion is such a political football.

And yes, 30 years plus of mass murder makes him the biggest mass murderer in US history.

Its just not going to happen. No way

Get it right.

Some young girls died in back allies while paying someone to kill their children. Not near as many as you leftardz claim.

When Roe v wade is overturned, it will be on the basis that a Child's Constitutional rights (against being murdered) begins when their life does, at conception. Wanted or not, children have rights to tje equal protections of our laws.

Your want to kill them if they are not wanted is a violation of their Constitutional (and basic human) rights.

Are they not innocent until proven guilty?

Now we know that right wingers will do nothing to support these children or their mothers.

We do far more than the Constitution requires.

How many Conservative Christian Right Wingers right here on the USMB say: It's not my kid. Why should I help pay for it. And they think the mothers were whores.

What the fuck does religion have to do with it? That said, open your fucking eyes! Religious organizations do more than anyone else in supporting poor people as far as I have seen so far.

Then what, what?

What's the difference? Isn't an act of incest also a rape? I mean... unlesss it was concented to between two adults..... it's still a fucking rape, isn't it?

What I really want to know is what is it these right wingers expect to happen?

No you don't. Because, if you truly did want to know that, you could have asked the question without using fucktarded claims and allegations to attack first.

That the US will turn into utopia because they outlawed abortion? You know that people with money will simply go outside the country to get an abortion.

Overturning Roe v Wade is but a first step in securing Constitutional rights for children in the womb. Nobody with two brain cells connected together is of the opinion that simply overturning Roe will fix all the fucking problems in the world with unwanted or unexpected pregnancies.

Gosnell was "gone after." I believe that he is in prison. This post is a lie. All medical facilities are supposed to be inspected by the state in which they operate, and not just those in which abortions are performed, either. There is no reason for facilities in which are abortions are performed to be singled out from those in which other procedures are performed. Each state is supposed to be doing its job of inspecting all medical facilities.
We remember the town of West, Texas, exploding because the Texas state authorities failed in their duty to inspect the fertilizer plant, thus allowing the unsafe storage of ammonium nitrate.

120,000 evangelical Christian women had abortions last year out of the 900,000+ abortions in the US. That’s a lot of abortions for a group that teaches abortion is murder.

I guess that whole abstinence thing isn’t exactly working for them.

Forum List

Back