Superior Culture?

From my experience, I'd say that 90 percent of people who claim to be Christians don't know the basic teachings of their faith. They go to Church on special days, like Easter and Christmas, but do not understand the sermon. Yet, when the leave the service they will compliment the preacher on a fine sermon.

Could be. I wasn't even talking about religious beliefs. I've always considered 90% of the general population to be walking around with their heads up their asses, and I've known many people who hold beliefs and positions on various issues, religious or not, and when pressed could not make a coherent argument as to why.

I strongly suspect that the vast majority of Islamics are the same way. They want to go to Mosque (some, but not all the time), and they want to be good as the religion teaches, and they want to create a good impression for their kids so that they grow up to be moral.

I'm told that most Muslims have a real problem with understanding their faith on a personal level, because their religious writings are in an archaic dialect that only their imams and most educated people can read. So they're in the position that Catholics once were, having to basically take the word of their clergy for what is and isn't right.

Could be. I wasn't even talking about religious beliefs. I've always considered 90% of the general population to be walking around with their heads up their asses, and I've known many people who hold beliefs and positions on various issues, religious or not, and when pressed could not make a coherent argument as to why.

I'm told that most Muslims have a real problem with understanding their faith on a personal level, because their religious writings are in an archaic dialect that only their imams and most educated people can read. So they're in the position that Catholics once were, having to basically take the word of their clergy for what is and isn't right.

Funny, that the christian religion has done the same thing in the past. At least they evolved enough to make it easier and even allow their followers to learn to read.

No, the CATHOLIC religion did the same thing in the past. True Christians, who have been around since the time of Christ, are not synonomous with CATHOLICS, who emerged from CONSTANTINE, who wasn't a Christian.

No, the CATHOLIC religion did the same thing in the past. True Christians, who have been around since the time of Christ, are not synonomous with CATHOLICS, who emerged from CONSTANTINE, who wasn't a Christian.

Well ... at the least you admit that christianity is an infantile religion compared to most others. However by the definition of the word 'christian', Catholics are just another christian cult like all the others.

Er...of course Christianity wouldn't be older than Christ, lol.

However, Judaeism was.

Well ... at the least you admit that christianity is an infantile religion compared to most others. However by the definition of the word 'christian', Catholics are just another christian cult like all the others.

And no, by the definition of the word "Christian" catholics are not Christian, as they believe in a need for intervention between God and man. They have added to Scripture non-scriptural traditions and beliefs which honestly removes them from the realm of Christianity. When one looks at the definition of "Christian" which is a belief in Jesus, the son of God being the one true salvation, I think that pretty much excludes the Catholics as Christians.

And no, by the definition of the word "Christian" catholics are not Christian, as they believe in a need for intervention between God and man. They have added to Scripture non-scriptural traditions and beliefs which honestly removes them from the realm of Christianity. When one looks at the definition of "Christian" which is a belief in Jesus, the son of God being the one true salvation, I think that pretty much excludes the Catholics as Christians.

LOL ... rich. You do realize that even the King James version has been heavily modified BEFORE the other cults rose, right? That is the 'purest' version to date, and yet it was modified by the Catholics. Again, learn about the Dark Ages, I am so tired of repeating that but, well, that's when all this happened. So even the christian bible that you use now has already been structured by them, so they are still the root of christianity even without the true definition of the term. -ian means "of the type." Christian means one who believes and follows the teachings of a christ, there are many non-Jesus christs and many religions that do not claim to be christian are actually by definition christian. However in the modern day world christian refers to only the Jesus christ and none of the others, though improper English many of us non christians will use that definition either because we do not know the origin and real definition or just to keep things clear for all the narrow minded.

You repeat a lot of things, none of which are specific or even true. Telling me to "learn about the dark ages" as if that reveals all is crap. I know about the dark ages, dear.

Name me these many religions who follow a christ who is not Jesus Christ, and who call themselves Christians.

You repeat a lot of things, none of which are specific or even true. Telling me to "learn about the dark ages" as if that reveals all is crap. I know about the dark ages, dear.

Name me these many religions who follow a christ who is not Jesus Christ, and who call themselves Christians.

Muslim.

Almost forgot: If you knew about the Dark Ages then you would have known about all the crap I have had to remind you about thus far, but you still avoid those facts instead.

Last edited:
Religion tempering them? The conversion of f.e. the Saxons to Christianity was about as brutal as the one of the Aztecs, they were literally killed until they yielded, and when they yielded some more were killed to ensure that "the lection stuck". Took the Franks of Charlemange most of his life time. After becoming the "Holy Roman Empire", the religious dispute between the pro Emperor Ghuebellines and the pro Pope Guelfs led to at least two major and several minor wars, it also ensured the fracturation of Italy.
When the Empire was not in a Ghibbeline/Guelf War, it funded the Teutonic Order to brutally convert the Lithuanians, since German armies were not exactly lucky in the holy Land. Not to talk about the huge mess that the Schmalkaldic League war and the 30 years war were.
When a not really religious person like Frederick the 2nd of Hohenstauffen (Who *GASP* made a treaty with the Fatimids concerning Jerusalem instead of fighting them, apart from that he established a law code in Sicily which was very modern and was kept in place until the 19.th century) became Emperor, the Pope had nothing better to do excommunicating him and having him declared to be the Antichrist. Said Emperor got excommunicated so often that he invested in a Bodyguard of Moslems.

The only German wars largely free of religious connotation were the fairly frequent clashes with the Kings of France (btw. France usually won).

Christianity did make the "peasants and serfs" (in the Pagan times, these men were free, there were slaves but these were largely POWs) more docile, but it did not change the belliciosity of the "nobles", "Archbishops" "Burgomasters" or whoever was ruling the fiefdom in question. The christianisation process was made with the goal of establishing Feudalism. It was successfull because there were always some nobles on the Pagan side who would gladly betray their comrades provided they would become more powerfull nobles in the new order.

Bottomline: Christianity makes population obediant, which is something that is needed to wage war using these populations.

Well, thank you so much for sharing. And you are whom, exactly, that you feel qualified to hand down such sweeping philosophical statements as settled fact?

Contrary to your narrow-minded and incredibly primitive bigotry and mindless hatred toward religion, many religious people are very intelligent, very well-educated, and more than capable of explaining their belief rationally. But then, you're too busy reacting to the blank programming YOU'VE received on the subject, aren't you?

Stupid at best.

I grew up in a religious family and probably know more about Christian history than you do.

What was the Council of Nicea?

Who and what was King James?

Noah's Ark .. that sounds like a real event to you?

The story of Jesus is the story of Hercules .. do you doubt that?

The study of religious history should be enough to turn thinkers away from it, but I recognize the need for belief in fairy-tales.

By all means, don't let the absence of facts get in the way of "faith" .. a belief in something you do not know to be true.

You're talking to the wrong somebody about religion.

Who said anything about "locking anyone out"? And what makes you imagine that a culture that is qualitatively better is automatically immune to being outnumbered?

Oh, wait, I forgot. Mindless, insensible bigotry is your thing. Never mind.

Mindless religious ignorance seems to be your thing.

Muslims aren't even close to "outnumbering" anyone outside of arab countries.

This isn't about "outnumbering" .. this is about religion wars .. plain and simple.

"My god is bigger than your god" .. and stupid shit like that.

Stupid at best.

I grew up in a religious family and probably know more about Christian history than you do.

What was the Council of Nicea?

Who and what was King James?

Noah's Ark .. that sounds like a real event to you?

The story of Jesus is the story of Hercules .. do you doubt that?

The study of religious history should be enough to turn thinkers away from it, but I recognize the need for belief in fairy-tales.

By all means, don't let the absence of facts get in the way of "faith" .. a belief in something you do not know to be true.

You're talking to the wrong somebody about religion.

Wow, you can ask a bunch of trivial, nitpicking, bullshit questions. That CERTAINLY proves you're not a religous bigot. Oh, wait . . . it doesn't.

Call me when you can refute the actual accusation instead of blowing smoke up my ass. You're talking to the wrong somebody if you want me to believe you're not ignorant and prejudiced and full of hate.

Mindless religious ignorance seems to be your thing.

. . . Says the bigot. :lol:

Muslims aren't even close to "outnumbering" anyone outside of arab countries.

No one said they were at the moment, not that I would expect someone ignorant enough to be a bigot to be logical enough to understand simple English.

This isn't about "outnumbering" .. this is about religion wars .. plain and simple.

Yeah, and your cousins in the Klan think everything is about "racial wars".

"My god is bigger than your god" .. and stupid shit like that.

Well, now that we've heard from the neolithic bigoted hatred wing of the Idiots Anonymous Club, perhaps the intelligent, enlightened people around here who aren't ruled by their primitive fears and prejudices could discuss things. Frankly, if I wanted to hear uninformed, paranoid crap like yours, I'd go gawk and laugh at a skinhead rally.

Forum List

Back