Sunny Hostin Says WH Aide Committed Battery,Not Acosta

If someone could commit battery just be touching something that someone else is touching (a microphone, a coffee cup), then by that logic, if you sit on a couch where someone else is sitting, you have committed a battery on that person.

If someone is sitting on top of a large boulder, and you come along and rest your foot against it to tie your shoelace, you've committed a battery ?
If someone is sitting on a rock and you rest your foot on them to tie your shoelace and push against them doing so without their permission...yes, that is battery.

If someone could commit battery just be touching something that someone else is touching (a microphone, a coffee cup), then by that logic, if you sit on a couch where someone else is sitting, you have committed a battery on that person.

If someone is sitting on top of a large boulder, and you come along and rest your foot against it to tie your shoelace, you've committed a battery ?
I love how some posters here claim they "saw" Costa assault her with his right hand.......you know, the one he had the mic in.....:71:

nope

His left hand

Damn, you must have a boring life. I agree with Sunny.
Of course you agree with Sunny. If Acosta would have slapped the White House lady you would have justified it. I talked with a few of you moonbats and there were some that justified the harassment of republicans that were out at a restaurant. If one of your masters tells you to harass republicans, you do it. You do whatever your masters tell you.
But, you see, except in trump fantasyland, Acosta did NOT slap the WH intern. Even tho we start to here from trump fantasyland that he karate chopped her.

That's what she said. She gave an example. She said is she was holding a cup, and you snatched it from her (touching just the cup), then you've committed a battery against her - because the cup is an "extension" of her. So when the White House aide touched the microphone, Sunny Hostin, on The View, claims that was a battery against Jim Acosta.

She claims her source for this is Justicia, which provides free case law, codes, regulations and legal information for lawyers, and anyone.

So by Sunny Hostin's logic then, it you touch something that someone else is touching, you have then committed a battery against that person ? I can't even begin to explain how absurd all this sounds. Any ideas, opinions, conjecture ?
/—-/ It wasn’t JomBo’s mic. It belongs to the WH Press Room. JimBo was just borrowing it.
And the White House and everything in it, is OURS.
Yes, and obamaturd locked us out for eight years!

Of course you agree with Sunny. If Acosta would have slapped the White House lady you would have justified it. I talked with a few of you moonbats and there were some that justified the harassment of republicans that were out at a restaurant. If one of your masters tells you to harass republicans, you do it. You do whatever your masters tell you.
But, you see, except in trump fantasyland, Acosta did NOT slap the WH intern. Even tho we start to here from trump fantasyland that he karate chopped her.

no?

what do you call what he did at :16?

a dance move?

He pulled the mic away and pushed her arm down. He's an arrogant leftist bully and now he is banned. Good riddance. He doesn't want to gather information. He wants to debate the President. That's not his job.

Gotta love how they declare CNN to be “ fake news”

To prove it, they pull out a doctored video from InfoWars

You can’t make this shit up
That's exactly what the did. Made it up.

How was the video "doctored" to show something misleading.

They sped up Acosta’s arm movement to turn him brushing her arm to make it look like he was aggressively hitting her
Unbelievable the White House could try to pull crap like that
Expert: Acosta video distributed by White House was doctored
Assume it was "doctored." It is so indistinguishable, how could the "doctored" video make one bit of fucking difference? It looks the same.

This is just an excuse to take attention away from Acosta's childish behavior and grandstanding.
Read what you wrote.

You admit it was a doctored video and then shrug it off.

It was DOCTORED...edited in a way to advance the White House bullshit.

Given that we can not trust anything the White House claims is :"evidence"

That's what she said. She gave an example. She said is she was holding a cup, and you snatched it from her (touching just the cup), then you've committed a battery against her - because the cup is an "extension" of her. So when the White House aide touched the microphone, Sunny Hostin, on The View, claims that was a battery against Jim Acosta.

She claims her source for this is Justicia, which provides free case law, codes, regulations and legal information for lawyers, and anyone.

So by Sunny Hostin's logic then, it you touch something that someone else is touching, you have then committed a battery against that person ? I can't even begin to explain how absurd all this sounds. Any ideas, opinions, conjecture ?
/—-/ It wasn’t JomBo’s mic. It belongs to the WH Press Room. JimBo was just borrowing it.
/----/ So JimBo has the right to hog the mic and prevent other reporters to ask questions? You say the mic is OURS but Jimbo wasn't sharing. And as LIbtards love to say "Sharing is caring."
iu

/----/ So JimBo has the right to hog the mic and prevent other reporters to ask questions? You say the mic is OURS but Jimbo wasn't sharing. And as LIbtards love to say "Sharing is caring."
iu

He doesn't want to 'pay his fair share' of attention?????

Both show her inappropriately physically confronting a reporter at Trumps insistence
She is invading his space

Trump is at fault

His...You are not a nice person
Was laughable
If a secret service guy went and grabbed the mic--at Trump's insistence--does it change things?

He had no right to the mic. You are acting like he owned it or something.

This was really an attempt by Acosta to BE the news, rather than report it. I hate the term, but this shit is the very essence of "Fake News."

Both show her inappropriately physically confronting a reporter at Trumps insistence
She is invading his space

Trump is at fault

His...You are not a nice person
Was laughable
If a secret service guy went and grabbed the mic--at Trump's insistence--does it change things?

He had no right to the mic. You are acting like he owned it or something.

This was really an attempt by Acosta to BE the news, rather than report it. I hate the term, but this shit is the very essence of "Fake News."

Isn't the real issue his lying about not touching the intern, and his network agreeing with him?

Validates everything Trump said about CNN.

If you were holding something that belonged to you, and someone yanked it out of your hands, that would indeed be battery. Unfortunately for Acosta, the mic didn't belong to him. It belongs to the Whitehouse.
This is some world class SPIN right here!

Whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........!!!!!

spin.jpg

No, rape with the couch and attempted murder when you put your foot on the boulder.

Did you ask the couch if you could touch it and did you get it permission before you put yourself in or on it?

Did you get the boulder permission to rest on it or attack it with your foot?

Vival El Stupido...

( If you believe what I wrote is true, well there is no help for the stupid progressives in life... Not directed to the OP )
Nobody knows what you wrote, except maybe a psychiatrist.

Obviously, Sonny understands what battery is and you do not.
Obviously Sunny and you both, DO NOT understand it. And if she did, she wouldn't be talking about Justicia, she'd be talking about the DC Statutes.

She is a well known leading attorney.
Senior legal expert analyst for ABC News.
Where do you get the "leading" part from > Upon what do you base that ? As well as "expert", Experts don't typically refer to Justicia for their information. She's a dolt.

Technically, yes. The aide committed battery, at least under Texas standards.

But, Acosta committed petty theft (would not return mic) and criminal trespass, at least under Texas standards.

He also tried to grab her tit, so that would be sexual assault.

We can play these games all day. Acosta CANNOT be innocent. I think they should prosecute.
The aide did not commit battery, She did not touch Acosta. She only grabbed for the microphone, which was not Acosta's. It belonged to the aide and the WH.

Yes , they should prosecute Acosta. :iagree:

Technically, yes. The aide committed battery, at least under Texas standards.

But, Acosta committed petty theft (would not return mic) and criminal trespass, at least under Texas standards.

He also tried to grab her tit, so that would be sexual assault.

We can play these games all day. Acosta CANNOT be innocent. I think they should prosecute.
The aide did not commit battery, She did not touch Acosta. She only grabbed for the microphone, which was not Acosta's. It belonged to the aide and the WH.

Yes , they should prosecute Acosta. :iagree:

I am not sure that US law prohibits being the biggest asshole the universe has ever seen.

Damn was it great watching as Trump taught him a lesson in decency.

oh good god.

no one committed battery. acosta was a prickturd but even apologized right after he did in fact push her hand down..

You just contradicted yourself. You said "he did in fact push her hand down" and then said "no one committed battery"

Can't have it both ways. Pushing someone's hand down IS a battery. In fact, much less that that could qualify as a battery. Here's the DC law (which uses the word assault -same thing) >>

DC Assault Laws
General Assault is typically defined as the unwanted touching of another person.

You don’t have to hit or even push them. Merely putting your hands on them can get you charged with this misdemeanor offense, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and $1,000 in fines.

Ref: DC Code §22-404

Now before anyone get their pants in an uproar over the terminology, most states call unrequested touching, a battery. It just so happens that DC calls it assault. No big deal.

PS -apologies are designed for the benefit of the apologizer.

Forum List

Back