Sunny Hostin Says WH Aide Committed Battery,Not Acosta

They sped up Acosta’s arm movement to turn him brushing her arm to make it look like he was aggressively hitting her
Unbelievable the White House could try to pull crap like that
No they didn't, Don't be ridiculous. And the speed of Acosta's hand and wrist is irrelevant. It is WHAT he did that matters.

Do you really believe that shit or are you just trolling? I can't tell.

I was just trolling on the whole Acosta rape thing, but it was in response to this level of nonsense.

Technically, she is right. The aide committed simple assault. If we get into that level of technicality, then Acosta committed petty theft of the mic, and had gone beyond the scope of his invitation by taking over control of the conference, which is criminal trespass. (I assume DC standards are the same as Texas)

Let's all agree that it was a situation where Acosta lost his temper because Trump was somewhat evasive and did not give him the answer he wanted, so Acosta decided he wanted to argue (not his job or right). A real journalist would report Trump's answer and report what he would not answer.

Acosta could have exposed any of Trump's evasiveness by reporting it, not cross-examining the POTUS in a press conference. That is never appropriate.

This is what happens when journalists get political and partisan. They lose objectivity and credibility.
Aide did not commit assault. Even if she had touched Acosta, there would not have been criminal INTENT. She was merely doing a job that did not involve touching anyone.

Wrong Her job is to politely ask....May I please have the mike?
She can not physically take it from him
No, that is not how her job works at all, That is proven just by watching her throughout the conference. She physically takes the mic from all the reporters. That's how it's done.

Stop making STUPID things up.

Last edited:
That's what she said. She gave an example. She said is she was holding a cup, and you snatched it from her (touching just the cup), then you've committed a battery against her - because the cup is an "extension" of her. So when the White House aide touched the microphone, Sunny Hostin, on The View, claims that was a battery against Jim Acosta.

She claims her source for this is Justicia, which provides free case law, codes, regulations and legal information for lawyers, and anyone.

So by Sunny Hostin's logic then, it you touch something that someone else is touching, you have then committed a battery against that person ? I can't even begin to explain how absurd all this sounds. Any ideas, opinions, conjecture ?
oh good god.

no one committed battery. acosta was a prickturd but even apologized right after he did in fact push her hand down..

You just contradicted yourself. You said "he did in fact push her hand down" and then said "no one committed battery"

Can't have it both ways. Pushing someone's hand down IS a battery. In fact, much less that that could qualify as a battery. Here's the DC law (which uses the word assault -same thing) >>

DC Assault Laws
General Assault is typically defined as the unwanted touching of another person.

You don’t have to hit or even push them. Merely putting your hands on them can get you charged with this misdemeanor offense, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and $1,000 in fines.

Ref: DC Code §22-404

Now before anyone get their pants in an uproar over the terminology, most states call unrequested touching, a battery. It just so happens that DC calls it assault. No big deal.

PS -apologies are designed for the benefit of the apologizer.
i aint playing semantics.

bye.

I have never seen a President order that a microphone be taken from a reporter

Do you think Acosta is the first reporter ever to insist on asking a question?
Most presidents know how to tactfully handle aggressive reporters
Acosta doesn't DESERVE tact. He needs to be kicked out of the room, and sent to go back under his rock.

Both show her inappropriately physically confronting a reporter at Trumps insistence
She is invading his space

Trump is at fault

His...You are not a nice person
Was laughable
He was too discreet. Should have said >> "Get out of the room, trashbag!"

She is a thug

Did she ever hear of the words please and thank-you

May I please have the microphone Mr Acosta ?
I’m sorry, I’m not done with it
You can have it as soon as the President answers my question
Acosta tried to rape her.

He wasn't asking a question. His last statement was "but they were hundreds of miles away." That is not a question. It's an argument.

He asked why Trump called it an invasion
Trump gave an incoherent response

The thug intern invaded his personal space

You do not just grab a microphone from a highly respected member of the press
/——/ typical liberal thuggery

Acosta wanted an answer to a legitimate question
He is not the first reporter to hold on to a mike and demand an answer
He is the first to be physically attacked for doing so
Would somebody please attend to this person, in the manner fitting for his condition >>

th

Acosta should now get a top correspondence job covering the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives.where he can poke and irritate baby boy Trump as much as possible.
He better keep his mouth shut. He could be arrested at any time.

I was wondering, if she hadn't finally got the mic, if that burly guy behind Trump would have gotten involved….

JIm would really have had something to whine about then
Trump was starting to go after him himself. Look at the video.

Well, she definitely reached into his personal space to take something away from him. He was not ever reaching into her personal space. He never tried to take anything away from her.....and all the while, trump pointed with his tiny fingers.
He didn't HAVE any personal space. Hs space was public. And yes he did reach into her personal space. He pushed down her arm about 10" An assault, under DC law.

Forum List

Back