Suit and T-Shirt Doesn't Fly

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
We see them from time to time. Guys wearing a suit but without a collared shirt and a tie. I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but few things look worse and dumber than this awkward combination.

It's about like putting a pizza into a big bowl of oatmeal. Or having a loud rapper combined with a classical music orchestra (I actually saw this idiocy once).

IMHO it's OK to combine a T-shirt with a pair of jeans, or shorts. It's OK to have a suit with a collar shirt and tie. Western string ties OK too.

But a T-shirt alone under a suit jacket. No. Just NO, that's all. :eusa_snooty:

th
th

th
th

upload_2018-12-17_4-42-43.jpeg
upload_2018-12-17_4-39-55.jpeg

And while we're at it, the grubby beards don't look too great either. Why do these guys insist on going around looking like a bum ?

In the 90's, I lived in Hong Kong and I had a tailor who did all my suits and shirts. He had a poster in the shop that was a Gingiss formal wear selection guide from the '70s.

Something like this ...

1972,73_12winter_GQ_p5.jpg

He saw me looking at it and declared proudly, "This is what men in America wore 100 years ago". I replied, "No. This is what I wore to the Senior Prom 20 years ago."

He didn't believe me.

We see them from time to time. Guys wearing a suit but without a collared shirt and a tie. I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but few things look worse and dumber than this awkward combination.

It's about like putting a pizza into a big bowl of oatmeal. Or having a loud rapper combined with a classical music orchestra (I actually saw this idiocy once).

IMHO it's OK to combine a T-shirt with a pair of jeans, or shorts. It's OK to have a suit with a collar shirt and tie. Western string ties OK too.

But a T-shirt alone under a suit jacket. No. Just NO, that's all. :eusa_snooty:

th
th

th
th

View attachment 235130 View attachment 235128

And while we're at it, the grubby beards don't look too great either. Why do these guys insist on going around looking like a bum ?
Did you know...? Men actually have facial hair. Like... Full beards... Naturally even...

in the old days, people dressed up to go out
now they look like bums--and it affects the culture negatively

I'm okay with a blazer or suit jacket and t-shirt but it can't be all white, tacky, and for gawds sakes, tuck the t-shirt in.

I hate to burst the bubble of the OP, but people wear what they want to wear. If you think it looks tacky or whatever, I doubt any of them lose any sleep over it.

I hate to burst the bubble of the OP, but people wear what they want to wear. If you think it looks tacky or whatever, I doubt any of them lose any sleep over it.
I didn't sleep a wink last night because of this thread.
:5_1_12024:

The only look from men that needs to disappear is the man bun.
Sport one of those and automatically lose man card.

Forum List

Back