May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Can work...on occasion. :)

is.php

slightly right-of-center

is.php

Too soft, I know. :(

is.php

These were the ONLY salvagable photos taken yesterday while practicing with my 70-300 IS lens - set wide-open (5.6? at 300mm).

EVERY SINGLE 300mm-length shot was HORRIBLY blurry. I'm going to need to step down (up numerically) I suppose to get good, sharp telephoto images.

[edit] I think why that top pic works? His 'face' is the subject; and is where my eye is drawn when I look at the pic. Had his head been where is belly is, the shot wouldn't work. :)

So...nevermind.

:p:

dmp said:
Can work...on occasion. :)

[edit] I think why that top pic works? His 'face' is the subject; and is where my eye is drawn when I look at the pic. Had his head been where is belly is, the shot wouldn't work. :)

So...nevermind.

:p:

Yep. A person's face is the focal point. None of your pictures are centered. :p

Good thing you caught that and edited. :D

That last one could use more contrast to match the other two. That one really looks like motion blur... something IS does nothing to help. What was the shutter speed? Was E moving?

How far away did you end up getting for these shots?

The pattern created by the toy in the first one really does it for me. Nice shot.

misterblu said:
That last one could use more contrast to match the other two. That one really looks like motion blur... something IS does nothing to help. What was the shutter speed? Was E moving?

I tried cranking up a bit of contrast; just looked bad. :( The pic was a mess to begin with. Yeah - he was constantly moving! lol :) Except when I made him hang on the steel-net. :)

How far away did you end up getting for these shots?

The bottom two were from about 20 feet away, IIRC.

The pattern created by the toy in the first one really does it for me. Nice shot.

Thanks - tis my favourite :)

Forum List

Back