Study- Why Your All-Electric Cars make the air Dirtier

oh that volt

it sucks there are better choices then that

The Chevy Volt sucks because you heard that it did.

Ask Jay Leno what he thinks.

no it sucks because it can not even make it on all electric

one way to work

then it turns into another gas guzzler

when an electric car or truck can go 350 miles on one charge

and can be recharged in ten minutes or less

i am all for one

the 2015 volt only gets 38 miles on electric

and it takes 10 - 16 hours charge to get that

and when it is running strictly on gas

it gets maybe 40 miles to the gallon

my 2010 cobalt gets 42 highway

2015 Volt Electric Cars - Hybrid Cars Chevrolet

How far away do you work? Most people don't drive 40 miles one way. In fact, they drive less than 30 BOTH ways and no, It's not a "gas guzzler."

The Chevy volt gets a very respectable 37 mpg combined, how in the hell is that even close to a "gas guzzler?"

Normally, the electricity required for a full charge cost about $1.80 depending upon where you live.

This car does several things that benefit our country, number one is that assholes like Osama Bin Laden no longer get rich off of our dependence to foreign oil.

After two years of owning his Chevy Volt, Jay Leno still had half of the original tank of gas and over 11,000 miles.

i live in South Dakota i drive easily more then 40 miles one way

in this day and age 37 mpg is not that respectable

as i said earlier by 2010 cobalt gets 42 mph in the winter

right now it costs me less then six cents a mile

and

i dont have to wait 10 to 16 hours for a full charge

--LOL

^^^ You are NOT a good fit for this vehicle, then.

That doesn't mean that it "sucks," it means that you would be better suited with something else.

of course the volt is a bad fit for my needs that goes without saying

it is also my opinion that the volt indeed does suck compared to other vehicles out there

The Chevy Volt sucks because you heard that it did.

Ask Jay Leno what he thinks.

one way to work

i am all for one

How far away do you work? Most people don't drive 40 miles one way. In fact, they drive less than 30 BOTH ways and no, It's not a "gas guzzler."

The Chevy volt gets a very respectable 37 mpg combined, how in the hell is that even close to a "gas guzzler?"

Normally, the electricity required for a full charge cost about $1.80 depending upon where you live.

This car does several things that benefit our country, number one is that assholes like Osama Bin Laden no longer get rich off of our dependence to foreign oil.

After two years of owning his Chevy Volt, Jay Leno still had half of the original tank of gas and over 11,000 miles.

and

--LOL

That doesn't mean that it "sucks," it means that you would be better suited with something else.

it is also my opinion that the volt indeed does suck compared to other vehicles out there

The Volt is a fine automobile. Bet if it said Toyota on it twice as many would have been sold.

one way to work

i am all for one

and

--LOL

The Volt is a fine automobile. Bet if it said Toyota on it twice as many would have been sold.

i used to be a chevy guy

now between my cobalt and Malibu

i have five recalls

and

--LOL

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

Recalls happen. You get your ignition switches taken care of?

and

--LOL

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

ignition switches power steering EBM braking

transmission cable

is it really too much too ask for a quality American car these days

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

transmission cable

No it isn't

They're called Fords

Seriously though, have you seen the recalls? They happen to all manufacturers, it's really common

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

transmission cable

No it isn't

They're called Fords

Seriously though, have you seen the recalls? They happen to all manufacturers, it's really common

i do have a ford nice truck

recalls might be the norm

but i am swearing off general motors next time we buy

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

transmission cable

No it isn't

They're called Fords

i have a 2014 focus and a 2015 F250 Super Duty. Love em.

If Dodge builds the Hellcat in hemi orange, that's my next car, as in I will order one the day they add that color lol

The wife drives BMW and nothing else.

We will not be burning coal to fuel the EV's a decade from now. They will be getting power from wind mills, solar, and geothermal. And most of the coal burning plants will be shut down as uneconomical, with that starting to happen to the gas fired plants at that time.

The grid scale batteries are coming online, and wind is already much cheaper generation than either dirty coal or gas, and solar is near parity, and coming down in price as we post. The future is now with renewables in power generation, therefore the EV's will be far cleaner than the ICE's.

We will not be burning coal to fuel the EV's a decade from now. They will be getting power from wind mills, solar, and geothermal. And most of the coal burning plants will be shut down as uneconomical, with that starting to happen to the gas fired plants at that time.

The grid scale batteries are coming online, and wind is already much cheaper generation than either dirty coal or gas, and solar is near parity, and coming down in price as we post. The future is now with renewables in power generation, therefore the EV's will be far cleaner than the ICE's.

The ICE will be gone when an EV can sound like this

i used to be a chevy guy

i have five recalls

transmission cable

No it isn't

They're called Fords

If Dodge builds the Hellcat in hemi orange, that's my next car, as in I will order one the day they add that color lol

the brother-in-law has a focus they love it

we are thinking about swapping out the ford with another F 150

although those super duties are really nice

transmission cable

No it isn't

They're called Fords

the brother-in-law has a focus they love it

we are thinking about swapping out the ford with another F 150

although those super duties are really nice

OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive though. Honestly I wouldn't have bought it if we needed that heavy a truck to haul cattle and such.

I have worked around noisy industrial machinery all my life, why would I want a very noisy and uncomfortable car? Besides, were I going to spend that kind of money on a car, I would go and get a P85D Tesla S, and kick that Hellcats ass on and off the track, while driving in a nice quiet and comfortable large four door sedan.

I have worked around noisy industrial machinery all my life, why would I want a very noisy and uncomfortable car? Besides, were I going to spend that kind of money on a car, I would go and get a P85D Tesla S, and kick that Hellcats ass on and off the track, while driving in a nice quiet and comfortable large four door sedan.

which is why the free market supports BOTH. And simply put no your Tesla (and I'm a Tesla fan) would NOT kick a Helllcat's ass on the track. They are about even in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 miles , but I don't believe the Tesla can do damn near 200MPH

I have lived a good part of my life where most of the electricity is generated by hydro-electric plants. So the supposition "People who own all-electric cars where coal generates the power..." is a caveat that does not necessarily condemn all EVs..

Also, the fact that 80k fewer cars per year are putting out exhaust fumes and burning gasoline is the plus. The pollution caused by generating the electricity is the next problem to be solved. But the main advantage is getting off oil, especially imported oil. The rate we are burning through it is certainly not sustainable.

I have spent most of my working life driving trucks. I love a good truck. But that doesn't mean I don't also lust for a Tesla in my garage.
Take your Tesla on a trip from Seattle to Miami or from Boston to San Diego. I will do the same in my Sienna. I guarantee I will get to my destination before you because I will have a reliable source to continue my trip every time my tank is empty, now and in the foreseeable future.

You with your Tesla? Not so much.

That's why they are building charging stations across the nation.

I mean this "hate" for new technology by the right is ridiculous. I mean did you see one party back in the 1900s try everything in their power to stop automobiles from being produced because they wanted the old horse and buggy? I mean seriously.

This is the future. Green energy is rising in use at a rapid rate. And it's not stopping. Sorry dirty energy lovers, you're old news

Forum List

Back