Study: White liberals dumb themselves down when speaking to minorities

Dumb?

Have you read about the wall? You know that big steel thing that keeps all those nasty drug smuggling terrorists rapists one one side , while filtering all their brothers and sisters to cross to go to work for Trump's empire, Trump's wall street chums, and Trump's elitist friends?

TRUMP_FOREIGN_WORKERS_CHART__1_.jpg

Oh, bullshit...the so called One Percenters made out better when Obama was in office than they did when Bush was in office! Care to try another talking point?

Everyone did better under Obama than Bush. Bush really, really fucked things up. I'm sorry I have to keep explaining this to you.

Both Bushes, Reagan, Ford, Nixon- they ALL made working people poorer. Why would anyone in their right mind vote for these guys?

Wow...someone just read a copy of "Economics For Liberal Dummies"!

No, someone just learned his history from Hate Radio and thinks that's right.

NOw, if you actually talked to people who grew up when FDR was president... you'd realize why he was as beloved as he was, and won overwealming majorities four times...

still not dumb enough for the right wing.
Well, at least you didn't try to deny the point of the study.
the right wing, never gets it.
I don't know about the right wing, but I definitely noticed you didn't try to deny the point of the thread.

That's how fundies are: Deflect, pivot, attack. I know.
i dumb it down for the right wing. they must be a minority.

Funny stuff, certainly not surprising:

White liberals dumb themselves down when they speak to black people, a new study contends - The Washington Post

“White liberals may unwittingly draw on negative stereotypes, dumbing themselves down in a likely well-meaning, ‘folksy,’ but ultimately patronizing, attempt to connect with the outgroup,” argues the paper, titled “Self-Presentation in Interracial Settings: The Competence Downshift by White Liberals.”

The findings, based on what the authors stress is “preliminary evidence,” raise difficult questions about aspirations for a so-called post-racial society. The results reveal how subtle forms of discrimination may coincide with progress toward equal treatment, or what the paper identifies as “a significant reduction in the expression of explicit prejudice and endorsement of negative stereotypes.”

The psychologists further discovered that white liberals rarely admit to the goal of appearing less competent, a fact that highlights the role of implicit bias and “the covert nature of the competence downshift strategy.”

“It’s somewhat counterintuitive,” said Dupree, who is the lead author and whose research was supported by the National Science Foundation as well as by Princeton’s Joint Degree Program in Social Policy. “The idea that people who are most well intentioned toward racial minorities, the people actually showing up and wanting to forge these connections, they’re the ones who seem to be drawing on stereotypes to do so.”

Consumed with skin color. STOP LOWERING STANDARDS FOR MINORITIES. Enough already.
Let me get this straight, you mean to tell me, white people, the same white people such as Perry of Tx. Michelle Bauchman, Palin, Bush jr. Trump's entire family, you and the idiots here have to dumb down to talk to a minority.....now is the before or after you had brain surgeries?

White liberals dumb themselves down when they speak to black people, a new study contends - The Washington Post

“White liberals may unwittingly draw on negative stereotypes, dumbing themselves down in a likely well-meaning, ‘folksy,’ but ultimately patronizing, attempt to connect with the outgroup,” argues the paper, titled “Self-Presentation in Interracial Settings: The Competence Downshift by White Liberals.”

The findings, based on what the authors stress is “preliminary evidence,” raise difficult questions about aspirations for a so-called post-racial society. The results reveal how subtle forms of discrimination may coincide with progress toward equal treatment, or what the paper identifies as “a significant reduction in the expression of explicit prejudice and endorsement of negative stereotypes.”

The psychologists further discovered that white liberals rarely admit to the goal of appearing less competent, a fact that highlights the role of implicit bias and “the covert nature of the competence downshift strategy.”

“It’s somewhat counterintuitive,” said Dupree, who is the lead author and whose research was supported by the National Science Foundation as well as by Princeton’s Joint Degree Program in Social Policy. “The idea that people who are most well intentioned toward racial minorities, the people actually showing up and wanting to forge these connections, they’re the ones who seem to be drawing on stereotypes to do so.”

Consumed with skin color. STOP LOWERING STANDARDS FOR MINORITIES. Enough already.
Let me get this straight, you mean to tell me, white people, the same white people such as Perry of Tx. Michelle Bauchman, Palin, Bush jr. Trump's entire family, you and the idiots here have to dumb down to talk to a minority.....now is the before or after you had brain surgeries?
Well, no, it's white liberals who talk down to minorities.

It's right there in the study.

Insulting, yeah?

still not dumb enough for the right wing.
Well, at least you didn't try to deny the point of the study.
the right wing, never gets it.
I don't know about the right wing, but I definitely noticed you didn't try to deny the point of the thread.

That's how fundies are: Deflect, pivot, attack. I know.
i dumb it down for the right wing. they must be a minority.
Another example, thanks.

It seems like I always have to "dumb down" for conservatives. But not for blacks.

You’re not fooling anyone….

You have been DUMB down down down since the get go……………….

Your pc “But not for blacks” shows your true ignorance…

Insulting, yeah?
Some black people you do have to dumb down in order to reach them, they're called toddlers. But for the vast majority of people of color, as with whites, yellow's and green, you communicate with words and gestures based on your conception on how to go about it and they usually get it. Its the stereotyping that makes for good bullshit theories such as this shit. Truth be told, some of the poorest and dumbest people I have ever met in my 61 years of life, has truly been among whites, especially the women.....these broads reeeeeeeekkkkkk of dumb. Just sayin

If Only, our two party system consisted of democratic capitalists arguing with national capitalists over public policy in modern economic times.

just imagine,

all of the straddling options potential.

Insulting, yeah?
Some black people you do have to dumb down in order to reach them, they're called toddlers. But for the vast majority of people of color, as with whites, yellow's and green, you communicate with words and gestures based on your conception on how to go about it and they usually get it. Its the stereotyping that makes for good bullshit theories such as this shit. Truth be told, some of the poorest and dumbest people I have ever met in my 61 years of life, has truly been among whites, especially the women.....these broads reeeeeeeekkkkkk of dumb. Just sayin
Im 62, i have met dumb people of all races, no particular race is smarter.

Oh, bullshit...the so called One Percenters made out better when Obama was in office than they did when Bush was in office! Care to try another talking point?

Everyone did better under Obama than Bush. Bush really, really fucked things up. I'm sorry I have to keep explaining this to you.

Both Bushes, Reagan, Ford, Nixon- they ALL made working people poorer. Why would anyone in their right mind vote for these guys?

Wow...someone just read a copy of "Economics For Liberal Dummies"!

No, someone just learned his history from Hate Radio and thinks that's right.

NOw, if you actually talked to people who grew up when FDR was president... you'd realize why he was as beloved as he was, and won overwealming majorities four times...
Bullshit again! The Middle Class did AWFUL under Obama!

I earned a degree in History from the University of Massachusetts. Where do you derive your nonsense from, Joey?

Forum List

Back