Study: White liberals dumb themselves down when speaking to minorities

Bullshit again! The Middle Class did AWFUL under Obama!

I earned a degree in History from the University of Massachusetts. Where do you derive your nonsense from, Joey?

I have a degree in history from the University of Illinois... but my real contempt for Republicans comes from watching them plunge us into four recessions in my adulthood.

I earned a degree in History from the University of Massachusetts. Where do you derive your nonsense from, Joey?

I have a degree in history from the University of Illinois... but my real contempt for Republicans comes from watching them plunge us into four recessions in my adulthood.

Reading your garbage one could deduce you haven't reached adulthood

The fact that you think it's the GOP that caused any of those recessions tells me that economics was not part of your course load, Joey!

I think Joe just called minorities dumb! Freudian slip? LOL

Naw, i call Americans dumb...

But that's fine. Most of us don't expect to be experts on science or economics or the military.

We do expect them to be able to effectively explain why they are doing what they are doing.

How can they explain it to you, Joey when you don't have the intelligence to understand what they're saying? You're on here 24/7 posting liberal talking points. You don't want anything "explained" to you! That would require thought on your part.

How can they explain it to you, Joey when you don't have the intelligence to understand what they're saying? You're on here 24/7 posting liberal talking points. You don't want anything "explained" to you! That would require thought on your part.

Well, you see, i used to beleive some of the Right Wing Bullshit.

Then I had an ex-boss who announced he could fuck up my professional career with impunity because "He didn't have to deal with a union."

That cured me of Right Wing Bullshit forever.

Well, you see, i used to beleive some of the Right Wing Bullshit.

Then I had an ex-boss who announced he could fuck up my professional career with impunity because "He didn't have to deal with a union."

That cured me of Right Wing Bullshit forever.

You're one of those people who constantly whine about how somebody fucked you over...aren't you, Joey? Years later and you're still obsessing about it! Here's a bit of advice for ya'! If you're actually good at what you do? There will always be a LINE of people itching to hire you if the "mean guy" who was your ex-boss doesn't appreciate your talents. The only time I was ever fired by an idiot employer, I had multiple offers from others within days. The "idiot" did me a favor and screwed himself. You think that ex-boss fucked up your professional career? My guess is that it couldn't have been all that impressive a career in the first place...just saying...

You're one of those people who constantly whine about how somebody fucked you over...aren't you, Joey? Years later and you're still obsessing about it! Here's a bit of advice for ya'! If you're actually good at what you do? There will always be a LINE of people itching to hire you if the "mean guy" who was your ex-boss doesn't appreciate your talents.

That wasn't my point, dummy. Yeah, I was hired by someone else a few weeks later. But it plain old shouldn't have been that way. THe main reason I passed up other opportunities was out of loyalty...

Now, here's the thing. Before you Republicans fucked it all up for working folks, we had unions. So when you had a situation where my Dad got sick from Cancer, his boss didn't fire him, which is what my wonderful boss did to me after I fucked up my knee.

No, I always take care of business... that isn't my point.

My point is, that day told me who my REAL ENEMY was.

The real enemy is not the minority or the gay or the Muslim or the dude who wears a dress. It's the rich guy who thinks that I'm a "human resource" to be exploited.

The Democrats are on my side.
The Republicans are on HIS side.

It's just that fucking simple.

upload_2019-1-14_5-14-26.jpeg

Funny stuff, certainly not surprising:

White liberals dumb themselves down when they speak to black people, a new study contends - The Washington Post

“White liberals may unwittingly draw on negative stereotypes, dumbing themselves down in a likely well-meaning, ‘folksy,’ but ultimately patronizing, attempt to connect with the outgroup,” argues the paper, titled “Self-Presentation in Interracial Settings: The Competence Downshift by White Liberals.”

The findings, based on what the authors stress is “preliminary evidence,” raise difficult questions about aspirations for a so-called post-racial society. The results reveal how subtle forms of discrimination may coincide with progress toward equal treatment, or what the paper identifies as “a significant reduction in the expression of explicit prejudice and endorsement of negative stereotypes.”

The psychologists further discovered that white liberals rarely admit to the goal of appearing less competent, a fact that highlights the role of implicit bias and “the covert nature of the competence downshift strategy.”

“It’s somewhat counterintuitive,” said Dupree, who is the lead author and whose research was supported by the National Science Foundation as well as by Princeton’s Joint Degree Program in Social Policy. “The idea that people who are most well intentioned toward racial minorities, the people actually showing up and wanting to forge these connections, they’re the ones who seem to be drawing on stereotypes to do so.”

Consumed with skin color. STOP LOWERING STANDARDS FOR MINORITIES. Enough already.
Biden “They gonna put ya back in chains.”

You're one of those people who constantly whine about how somebody fucked you over...aren't you, Joey? Years later and you're still obsessing about it! Here's a bit of advice for ya'! If you're actually good at what you do? There will always be a LINE of people itching to hire you if the "mean guy" who was your ex-boss doesn't appreciate your talents.

That wasn't my point, dummy. Yeah, I was hired by someone else a few weeks later. But it plain old shouldn't have been that way. THe main reason I passed up other opportunities was out of loyalty...

Now, here's the thing. Before you Republicans fucked it all up for working folks, we had unions. So when you had a situation where my Dad got sick from Cancer, his boss didn't fire him, which is what my wonderful boss did to me after I fucked up my knee.

The real enemy is not the minority or the gay or the Muslim or the dude who wears a dress. It's the rich guy who thinks that I'm a "human resource" to be exploited.

View attachment 240084

Republicans didn't fuck up unions, Joey...unions did that all by themselves! What started out as protection for the working man turned into union leaders at the trough extorting businesses to line their own pockets. You want to know why union membership has declined? It isn't because rich guys conspired against them...it's because the people who ran the unions let a little power go to their heads. They stopped caring about whether businesses could compete. As for who's side the two Party's are on? The reason you liberals have lost parts of the rust belt in the last few elections is that blue collar workers have finally figured out that progressive policies don't create jobs and politicians like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton couldn't care less about them other than as votes to keep themselves in power! How "simple" is that?

we have to dumb it down until the right wing simply refuses to understand the concepts because it gainsays their propaganda and rhetoric and they have no valid arguments.

Well...when it comes to "dumbing it down", Daniel...you might just be the best at that on the ENTIRE board! Funny thing though...I've never seen you post something that wasn't dumb. Which begs the question...are you dumbing yourself down...or are you simply sharp as a box of rocks?

View attachment 240084

Only idiots and the wealthy think democrats are on their side.

we have to dumb it down until the right wing simply refuses to understand the concepts because it gainsays their propaganda and rhetoric and they have no valid arguments.

Well...when it comes to "dumbing it down", Daniel...you might just be the best at that on the ENTIRE board! Funny thing though...I've never seen you post something that wasn't dumb. Which begs the question...are you dumbing yourself down...or are you simply sharp as a box of rocks?
there is no provision for excuses in the federal doctrine.

Forum List

Back