Study released today on guns

So, just to be absolutely clear:

You feel the Oklahoma City Bombing was justified, because Clinton drove them to it.

Is that really how you want to go on the record? Excusing terrorism by agreeing with the rationale for it? Nice work!

So I guess you feel 9/11 was justified due to "Western Imperialism".

You have a problem with Clarity, don't you?

I'd say so.
:cuckoo:

The poster blamed the Clinton administration for the OK City Bombing.

I believe that's what the Republicans call "Blame America First".

When applying the exact same logic to the 9/11 attacks, one must ask if the poster feels that the 9/11 Terrorists were also somehow justified.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

I am all for 2nd amendment rights, as has been discussed in the past, but I will say one thing:

The NRA tends to take really extremist positions on many issues. They will not allow any compromise at all.

The Anti-Gun lobby is the same way.

I'm kind of feel that compromises, like "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars" are OK, but the NRA won't hear of it.

It's kind of like the whole Abortion thing, it's either all or nothing.

How long have you been a member of the NRA?

I am not, but I have read a bunch of their literature, as an avid gun owner.

Then please direct me to the literature that states the NRA won't compromise on "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars", because as an NRA member since 1985 I haven't heard any such thing coming from the NRA. I will concede that guns in bars may in fact be advocated for. I myself see nothing wrong with a having a gun in a bar as long as the person maintains a valid CCW permit. Do you have a CCW permit?

"A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes."

Barack Obama on Gun Control

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mr Obama was a supporter of local and state governments determining local gun laws.

Just like Virginia recently passed several "open carry" laws locally.

I fail to see how this applies to instituting a federal ban on guns. That would in fact be the OPPOSITE of his stance on leaving it up to the local governments.

Your own link says as much:

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?
A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don’t have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

You have a problem with Clarity, don't you?

I believe that equating peaceful demonstrators exercising their first amendment rights to oppose Big Government Expansion to Timothy McVeigh PINS THE BOGOMETER.

I agree with this.

I also believe that equating said peaceful demonstrators with the 9/11 terrorists is beyond disgusting.

When exactly did I do this?

I won't return the Nice Work compliment.

I'd appreciate the irony, if your statement made any sense whatsoever.

In the post I quoted, you were making excuses to Timothy McVeigh. I neither compared McVeigh to the peaceful demonstrators, nor indicated any link at all to the 9/11 Terrorists.

Instead, I questioned why you were defending terrorism like McVeigh's and asked if you also thought the 9/11 attacks were justified, as you indicated by blaming Clinton for inciting the attack:

• Bill Clinton's actions and the actions of his Attorney General are linked directly to Oklahoma City. Allow me to point out that the attack on Oklahoma City came on April 19 – the “anniversary” date of the deaths at Waco. Coincidence? Hardly.

I most certainly was not making excuses for McVeigh. I posted a commentary that was very critical of equating Tea Partiers with McVeigh.

Then please direct me to the literature that states the NRA won't compromise on "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars", because as an NRA member since 1985 I haven't heard any such thing coming from the NRA. I will concede that guns in bars may in fact be advocated for. I myself see nothing wrong with a having a gun in a bar as long as the person maintains a valid CCW permit. Do you have a CCW permit?

I do not, unfortunately. Though if I move down to Virginia in the near future, I will be getting one, lol.

As for the links, I actually, sadly cannot provide them, as the NRA does not seem to have a search feature on its site.

I can tell you that I have read literature from them on this subject, but I cannot seem to find it easily on line. I will continue to search.

I most certainly was not making excuses for McVeigh. I posted a commentary that was very critical of equating Tea Partiers with McVeigh.

Then you should not have implied that Clinton was in fact responsible for McVeigh's actions in your post.

However, as I said, I happen to agree with your underlying point, but feel the method to arrive there was flawed.

The Clinton Administration's appalling handling of both Ruby Ridge and Waco did affect McVeigh, hence there is a link. That wasn't my main purpose in posting it - rather it was to contrast the nature of McVeigh's anti-government beliefs vs. the anti-Big Government sentiments of the Tea Party movement.

I am all for 2nd amendment rights, as has been discussed in the past, but I will say one thing:

The NRA tends to take really extremist positions on many issues. They will not allow any compromise at all.

The Anti-Gun lobby is the same way.

I'm kind of feel that compromises, like "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars" are OK, but the NRA won't hear of it.

It's kind of like the whole Abortion thing, it's either all or nothing.

I to am an avid gun owner and was a member of NRA back before their main purpose became a political entity.

I to am an avid gun owner and was a member of NRA back before their main purpose became a political entity.

The NRA is a political entity? Advocating for your second amendment rights makes them a political entity? The do have a lobbying arm, but so does every other industry, does that make all industries political entities?

The VPC is about as anti-gun as you can get. If it goes bang they hate it. and again, McVeigh used a freaking bomb, no guns involved. he left the NRA because they were to weak on guns for christ's sake.

If people are so against guns stop being wimps by attempting an end run around the 2nd amendment and go and try to repeal it.

I trust the VPC when i comes to gun/crime statistics as far as I will trust PETA with a recipie for chicken goulash.

Congratulations on spelling "wimp" properly (without an h). Few people do.

The VPC is about as anti-gun as you can get. If it goes bang they hate it. and again, McVeigh used a freaking bomb, no guns involved. he left the NRA because they were to weak on guns for christ's sake.

If people are so against guns stop being wimps by attempting an end run around the 2nd amendment and go and try to repeal it.

I trust the VPC when i comes to gun/crime statistics as far as I will trust PETA with a recipie for chicken goulash.

No one wants to take your damned guns

You are wrong. The VPC wants to take your guns.

"Gun rights advocates have been critical of the accuracy and scientific validity of VPC's reports, charging that the conclusions have already been decided regardless of the statistics. They charge that the VPC has a track record of making allegations for which there is no proof, such as the case of Ronnie Barrett.[6]

Criticism has also come from other gun control advocates who believe that the Violence Policy Center takes an approach that is not politically feasible.

Other gun control organizations advocate a gradual approach toward their goals while the Violence Policy Center believes guns are a public health issue and that specific categories, such as handguns, assault weapons, and 50 caliber rifles should be banned."

I do not, unfortunately. Though if I move down to Virginia in the near future, I will be getting one, lol.

As for the links, I actually, sadly cannot provide them, as the NRA does not seem to have a search feature on its site.

I can tell you that I have read literature from them on this subject, but I cannot seem to find it easily on line. I will continue to search.

Try here: NRAILA.org

They have a search function at this site...it's the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action portal.

The NRA is a political entity? Advocating for your second amendment rights makes them a political entity? The do have a lobbying arm, but so does every other industry, does that make all industries political entities?

the NRA is an industry? What product do they produce?

No one wants to take your damned guns

Directly? No. they couldn't by Law. (Violation of the Second Amendment.)

In-Directly? Yes, that's how they try and take away and ban guns.. It's called finding loopholes, it's called Putting Restrictions on Gun Laws.. Which in my opinion is still against the Constitution..

Clearly, It says: shall not be infringed. What part of that don't you get?

Do you idiots realize Obama gets a F from the people support the brady bill.

The Clinton Administration's appalling handling of both Ruby Ridge and Waco did affect McVeigh, hence there is a link. That wasn't my main purpose in posting it - rather it was to contrast the nature of McVeigh's anti-government beliefs vs. the anti-Big Government sentiments of the Tea Party movement.

Who was president when ruby ridge happened?

December 2008 there was a run on guns with many doubling in price.
I also have all my guns.
Where are the Obama brown shirts you dumbasses claimed weregoing to takermy guns away?
Where are they?
See how stupid you were/are?

Who was president when ruby ridge happened?
Bush 41...Whose derelict (in)Justice Department was charged with investigating the crime?

Forum List

Back