Study released today on guns

So, just to be absolutely clear:

You feel the Oklahoma City Bombing was justified, because Clinton drove them to it.

Is that really how you want to go on the record? Excusing terrorism by agreeing with the rationale for it? Nice work!

So I guess you feel 9/11 was justified due to "Western Imperialism".

Oh brother stop spinning That was an excellent post which made a valid point.

Clinton's and Hillary both use vile rhetoric to stir up emotions. He is a hypocrite.

It's not justified but Clinton is as guilty as anyone of stirring up trouble.

The VPC is about as anti-gun as you can get. If it goes bang they hate it. and again, McVeigh used a freaking bomb, no guns involved. he left the NRA because they were to weak on guns for christ's sake.

If people are so against guns stop being wimps by attempting an end run around the 2nd amendment and go and try to repeal it.

I trust the VPC when i comes to gun/crime statistics as far as I will trust PETA with a recipie for chicken goulash.

No one wants to take your damned guns

I live in NYC (by choice) So I do not own one as the rules to get one are a pain in the ass.

The VPC assuredly does want to "take my goddam (theoretical) guns"

Dont have time to look it up now, will search tomorrow.

I am all for 2nd amendment rights, as has been discussed in the past, but I will say one thing:

The NRA tends to take really extremist positions on many issues. They will not allow any compromise at all.

The Anti-Gun lobby is the same way.

I'm kind of feel that compromises, like "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars" are OK, but the NRA won't hear of it.

It's kind of like the whole Abortion thing, it's either all or nothing.

Why would we compromise the constitution?

December 2008 there was a run on guns with many doubling in price.
I also have all my guns.
Where are the Obama brown shirts you dumbasses claimed weregoing to takermy guns away?
Where are they?
See how stupid you were/are?

The goverenment has banned guns in the past so it is important to continually fight for our right to have guns.

Obama is just getting started pissing on the constitution. He isn't the first president to do so and he won't be the last. It's we the people that keep the government in check.

The VPC is about as anti-gun as you can get. If it goes bang they hate it. and again, McVeigh used a freaking bomb, no guns involved. he left the NRA because they were to weak on guns for christ's sake.

If people are so against guns stop being wimps by attempting an end run around the 2nd amendment and go and try to repeal it.

I trust the VPC when i comes to gun/crime statistics as far as I will trust PETA with a recipie for chicken goulash.

No one wants to take your damned guns

Directly? No. they couldn't by Law. (Violation of the Second Amendment.)

In-Directly? Yes, that's how they try and take away and ban guns.. It's called finding loopholes, it's called Putting Restrictions on Gun Laws.. Which in my opinion is still against the Constitution..

Clearly, It says: shall not be infringed. What part of that don't you get?

no one wants your damned guns.

You need glasses or something?

No? So the VPC (and their affiliate organizations - you mentioned them in the OP) has no intention of pursuing a program restricting or limiting gun ownership and legitimate usage by law abiding citizens by promoting counter productive and proven failed laws and regulations based on cooked and/or out of context statistics. Statistics that have been shown by legitimate experts to be improperly constructed testing methods, overt misinterpretation of existing data sources and outright lies.
:cuckoo:

Restating a falsehood won't make it true.

From the Violence Policy Institutes own website.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"America's gun problem is a handgun problem. Handguns exact an inordinate toll on American lives. The vast majority of gun death and injury�in homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings�is carried out with easily concealable pistols and revolvers. The public health model as well as the traditional approaches employed in protecting consumer health and safety lead to one inevitable conclusion: handguns should be banned"

[/FONT]

I am all for 2nd amendment rights, as has been discussed in the past, but I will say one thing:

The NRA tends to take really extremist positions on many issues. They will not allow any compromise at all.

I'm kind of feel that compromises, like "no rocket launchers or tanks" and "no guns in bars" are OK, but the NRA won't hear of it.

Why should anyone compromise our Constitutions principles?

:eusa_eh: In who's mind - yours? Shall we compromise on free speech? Yes there are 'reasonable' limitations but no guns in bars? The law (in VA) specifically states no drinking while carrying. The vast majority of CC permit holders do not want to nor will jeopardize their permit by violating this, these are the ones referred to as 'law abiding citizens'.
Oh and you can't under federal law own a functional rocket launcher, you can own a tank but good luck getting ammo for the main gun.

You have a problem with Clarity, don't you?

I'd say so.

The poster blamed the Clinton administration for the OK City Bombing.

I believe that's what the Republicans call "Blame America First".

When applying the exact same logic to the 9/11 attacks, one must ask if the poster feels that the 9/11 Terrorists were also somehow justified.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

Here I definitely agree with you.

Violence Policy Center pretty much explained it all for me.

While I'm not familar with this group, I'm feeling safe to assume they aren't determining when violence is a good idea.

Oh and you can't under federal law own a functional rocket launcher, you can own a tank but good luck getting ammo for the main gun.

Indeed. And some people are big collectors of old military equipment.

RIP Jacques Littlefield.

...Littlefield's fascination with armored vehicles began in his childhood when he started building plastic models of tanks. While in college, he built his first scale model, radio-controlled tank. He acquired his first full-sized vehicle in 1975.

In 1998 he set up the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation to manage his collection of more than 150 vehicles and restore new additions. The collection ranges from a World War II-era U.S. Army M3A1 wheeled scout car, his first acquisition, to a Soviet-era Scud missile launcher. It includes famous tanks such as the U.S. Sherman and Patton class; the U.K. Centurion, Conqueror and Chieftain; German World War II vehicles, including a Panther; and Soviet-era Russian tanks.

Littlefield was a member of the Palo Alto-based Museum of American Heritage (MOAH) Advisory Board since 1991. He hosted two major fundraisers at his military museums, one with the theme of "Tanks for the Memories."

"The history of armored vehicles is more complete due to his research and preservation of one of the country's largest private collections of tanks and other military vehicles," according to Gwenyth Claughton of MOAH.

He was considered a scholar and expert on the history of armored warfare, and the foundation helps serve the interests of authors, historians, educators, the defense industry, veterans groups, model makers and the entertainment industry, say family members.

Littlefield's collection is housed at Pony Tracks Ranch in the hills above Portola Valley. Pony Tracks was the country estate of former San Francisco mayor and California governor James "Sunny Jim" Rolph Jr. Over the years, Littlefield restored many of the old buildings on the ranch, helping maintain open space in the hills above Portola Valley....

Palo Alto Online : Military tank collector Jacques Littlefield dies

haha. I said the same thing.

Restating a falsehood won't make it true.

From the Violence Policy Institutes own website.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"America's gun problem is a handgun problem. Handguns exact an inordinate toll on American lives. The vast majority of gun death and injury�in homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings�is carried out with easily concealable pistols and revolvers. The public health model as well as the traditional approaches employed in protecting consumer health and safety lead to one inevitable conclusion: handguns should be banned"

[/FONT]

I dont think she cares.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/lessonsunlearned.pdf

The Violence Policy Center (VPC) is a national non-profit educational organization that conducts
research and public education on violence in America and provides information and analysis to policymakers,
journalists, advocates, and the general public. This report was authored by VPC Executive Director Josh
Sugarmann and VPC Policy Analyst Marty Langley. The study was funded in part with the support of the
David Bohnett Foundation, The Joyce Foundation, and the Public Welfare Foundation. Past studies released
by the VPC include:

As Bart McEntire, a supervisory special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and
Explosives has stated, “You’re seeing the bubbling [of antigovernment sentiment] right now. You
see people buying into what they’re saying. It’s primed to grow. The only thing you don’t have to
set it on fire is a Waco or Ruby Ridge.”77

Tim McVay must have used a really big gun to blow up that building in Oklahoma City.

haha. I said the same thing.

Truth is universal!

You have a problem with Clarity, don't you?

I'd say so.

The poster blamed the Clinton administration for the OK City Bombing.

I believe that's what the Republicans call "Blame America First".

When applying the exact same logic to the 9/11 attacks, one must ask if the poster feels that the 9/11 Terrorists were also somehow justified.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

The poster did not blame Clinton directly for OKC bombing. The "poster" used Clinton's own logic of blaming others for what McVeigh did. She pointed out that Clinton should look in his own back yard before attempting to make others' appear dirty. She simply pointed out that the reasonings behind the bombing, (the excuses the culprits used), pointed directly to actions of his own administration.

Why do you mince words and drag a small part of a conversation on for eternity? It is not witty or cute at all. It's boring and frustrating.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back