CDZ Students Demand Removal of White Authors; Why is this not Condemned as Racist?

The students should demand that the universities stop taking money from wealthy white donors
This is just a wedge issue by white racebaiters, adding books is how these things were done in the past, now all of a sudden these genius' cannot figure out how to "build" a library of books, they think if ya add one it is necessary to remove one...proof these folks are products of a liberal education.

What is "intellectual diversity" in your view and why is this not?
Intellectual diversity would be about diversity of ideas, cosmology and concepts from economics to science to law and math.

It is not reflected in ethnic diversity among Marxists.

The students should demand that the universities stop taking money from wealthy white donors
This is just a wedge issue by white racebaiters, adding books is how these things were done in the past, now all of a sudden these genius' cannot figure out how to "build" a library of books, they think if ya add one it is necessary to remove one...proof these folks are products of a liberal education.
Um, no, they are also removing white authors too, bubba.

Well, this might or might not be an educational failure, but it is a failure to read the OP I think. No one is talking about libraries. The students were talking about required readings for classes. Libraries are huge and diverse and easily add more books. Required reading material for a course has to be more limited for the simple reason students only have so much time to complete a course.

What is "intellectual diversity" in your view and why is this not?
Intellectual diversity would be about diversity of ideas, cosmology and concepts from economics to science to law and math.

It is not reflected in ethnic diversity among Marxists.

Intellectual diversity is a bit more broad - it is a diversity of concepts, but also a diversity of view points within those concepts.

Backdoor book banning is still, as you put it - a form of book banning...or are you going to deny what you said?

lol...now you are claiming it is me and not you who denied I said "backdoor book banning", ok...

If you want to add more authors and have to remove some in order to do so is that "back door book banning"?
Yes, and that's exactly how you would do it, the entire reason for claiming you have to remove books is so you can deny you are banning books and why it is backdoor banning.

Are students prevented from seeking out those "back door banned books" on their own?
In that establishment they are absolutely prevented from it, why? does that prove something? or was it just more throw away nonsense?

Your argument in trying to compare it the the banning of books is rather silly.
It's actually a left wing argument we were taught in the 60's when left wing books were being removed from the shelves...most every single white male agreed with your position on it as well

In the sense that the rest is nonsensical jibber jabber and couldn't possibly be anything I said or would say, that is true.

What every floats your boat dude. I get the sense you aren't much interested in discussion :)
Your beliefs are dangerous, the methods sophomoric and your inability to understand that you are not discussing anything with substance but instead unwittingly defending an ideology that is for the first time being challenged and taking it on the chin, causing liberals like yourself to lash out like some punch drunk pseudo-intellectual...
...for instance:
Left wing logic: we need more diversity in everything!
Right wing logic: they want add more diverse authors, they are banning books!

Somewhere is rational middle.
Implicit in your claim above is that the left wing logic is not rational, and while that is my entire point [thank you] as well as my reason for referring to it as pretzel logic, you use a rational thought ["more diversity"] to try and drive home your point...do you really believe "more diversity in everything" is not rational? or were you just lashing out like a punch drunk pseudo-intellectual?

That entire post could easily be dismantled for everything that is wrong with it.

Last edited:
Well, this might or might not be an educational failure, but it is a failure to read the OP I think. No one is talking about libraries.
I'm not going to give this an "lol" because I really am giggling...Building a "library of books" is not building a library...lol...[OK I lied]

The students were talking about required readings for classes. Libraries are huge and diverse and easily add more books.
You don't say

Required reading material for a course has to be more limited for the simple reason students only have so much time to complete a course.
My first semester, my Western History course alone handed down a list of 72 books and I can guarantee not one student new the skin color of the author, you know why? because everyone cared about their education...which btw, is why your argument keeps falling apart on ya...[I know, I know, you don't think it's falling apart]

Maybe the choices will be political rather than academic, that's what you're saying? If so, that would be a shame. But I don't disagree with the sentiment behind the demands. It is important to hear different perspectives. It sure helps people get along better, understanding a little bit of where they're coming from.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Can't agree that perspectives matter when it's young, ignorant people trying to kill scholarship. I read a lot of weird stuff --- Latin and history and sociology and medieval literature, and, and. It would be very sad for me if these terrible kids replace it with weird sex and black victimhood crap.

Well, this might or might not be an educational failure, but it is a failure to read the OP I think. No one is talking about libraries. The students were talking about required readings for classes. Libraries are huge and diverse and easily add more books. Required reading material for a course has to be more limited for the simple reason students only have so much time to complete a course.

Let them read their victimhood studies in the libraries on their own time, then. I certainly read a WHOLE lot of private reading in college (it's when I decided never again to read Russian novelists -- too depressing. Great life decision.) They don't know enough at age 19 to tell the whole of Western Civilization what they can and can't read. If they won't read the curriculum, let them fail and go away. Best for all concerned, I expect. Children who want to throw out fully half of every course and replace it with --- well, nothing at all, in the case of almost every college course there is -- are bad people and should go get a job, if anyone will hire such arrogant, terrible young people. I sure wouldn't hire them. And I used to, so I know. Nope, not that one, not happening.

They demanding that SOME white male authors be removed and authors representing other view points be added. Isn’t that promoting intellectual diversity?

Yeah, like that congressman a few years ago who said that he thought mediocrity should be represented on the Supreme Court, since there were so many mediocre people --------------

It took everyone several minutes to think thru that one! But we didn't approve in the end.

Okay --- take the study of philosophy. Throw out half the reading list and say, fill it with blacks and weird sex-o's.

Well, that can't be done. Because blacks and weirdies don't write philosophy.

So much for that crazy idea!

People: this is not hard. The kids are nuts. They are the types of victim-identifiers who don't belong in college in the first place.

Intellectual diversity is a bit more broad - it is a diversity of concepts, but also a diversity of view points within those concepts.

So, THAT'S what the lock step politically correct authoritarians want -- it's intellectual diversity.

That must explain why they are so vigilant on college campuses across the land by way of preventing the expression of any opinion besides their own.

Can we all say "cancel culture" boys and girls?

So, THAT'S what the lock step politically correct authoritarians want -- it's intellectual diversity.

That must explain why they are so vigilant on college campuses across the land by way of preventing the expression of any opinion besides their own.

Can we all say "cancel culture" boys and girls?
I actually agree that too many college campuses actually squash intellectual diversity in the name of "diversity". Students in a university should be challenged with a wide variety of opinions. The shouldn't be treated like snowflakes.

They demanding that SOME white male authors be removed and authors representing other view points be added. Isn’t that promoting intellectual diversity?

Yeah, like that congressman a few years ago who said that he thought mediocrity should be represented on the Supreme Court, since there were so many mediocre people --------------

It took everyone several minutes to think thru that one! But we didn't approve in the end.

Okay --- take the study of philosophy. Throw out half the reading list and say, fill it with blacks and weird sex-o's.

Well, that can't be done. Because blacks and weirdies don't write philosophy.

So much for that crazy idea!

People: this is not hard. The kids are nuts. They are the types of victim-identifiers who don't belong in college in the first place.

Do you know that for a fact?

Let them read their victimhood studies in the libraries on their own time, then. I certainly read a WHOLE lot of private reading in college (it's when I decided never again to read Russian novelists -- too depressing. Great life decision.) They don't know enough at age 19 to tell the whole of Western Civilization what they can and can't read. If they won't read the curriculum, let them fail and go away. Best for all concerned, I expect. Children who want to throw out fully half of every course and replace it with --- well, nothing at all, in the case of almost every college course there is -- are bad people and should go get a job, if anyone will hire such arrogant, terrible young people. I sure wouldn't hire them. And I used to, so I know. Nope, not that one, not happening.
While I agree with you on Russian novels lol, I do think encouraging a variety of authors in required reading is valuable. This is a university and part of the educational should be challenging assumptions, broadening horizons.

The liberals on this thread keep bringing up stuff NOT associated with the op and say but see they existed....
It's unrealistic, but it isn't in and of itself racist.
Not as long as it discriminates against White guys, right?

Lets be clear, the students are demanding WHITE authors be removed, not just some reform of the list based on a diversity of IDEAS.

Why are liberals these days so blind to intellectual diversity?

Oh, right, because all intellectuals with good hearts are, deep down, liberals too? :D
NO they are DEMANDING half the authors be removed NOT based on text content, not based on course requirements, BUT SOLELY based on the sex and color of the skin of the Authors they demand be removed. You still have not answered the question put to you. Lets be clear shall we? If someone DEMANDED authors be removed because they were women or because they were black YOU would scream racism.

How does removing some authors on the basis of their race and gender have anything to do with intellectual diversity?

The students argue they want more diversity in authors - correct? We can agree on that?

They argue that to get it there needs to be fewer white male authors and more "other" authors. Do we agree on that?

So...since there is likely to be a finite of authors they can require a student to read - some must be removed in order to add others. Do we agree on that?

Does that answer your question? If not - how would you propose increasing diversity in required readings?

Are you assuming that people of the same race all think alike?

No, are you?

While I would be very much in favor of dropping Karl Marx and adding Walter E Williams, or dropping Earl Warren for Clarence Thomas, or dropping Noam Chomsky for Thomas Sowell, I think we both know that when these Marxist students demand 'minority authors' they mean MARXIST authors as if that is the only legit minority perspective on anything.

I think we both no no such thing. The student's are demanding authors from LGBTQ backgrounds, minority backgrounds, more women etc. You are turning into an argument on political views. I read the article, and the article it linked to. Nowhere is there any indication that these students are "Marxist".
Be VERY specific and LIST here for us the gay authors that could be added to Western Civilization course? Be specific and list for us the Black authors that could be added to Western Civilization course? The women authors?

Forum List

Back