Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

§175. Position and manner of display
The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
(a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
(b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Yes, that is what I said.

No, that is not what it says...there is NOTHING in the Flag Code that requires that there always be an American flag in ANY flag display. For you to read that when it isn't there is ridiculous.

Having trouble reading for comprehension? Let me remove the extra verbage and you can see it more plainly.

No person shall display the flag of any other national flag in place of the flag of the United States at any place within the United States. Pretty simple really. You are wrong. I probably would have let it slide, but you made such a point of it, I decided to check. Bad move on your part.

I read just fine...now...show me that the Mexican flag was being shown "in place of" the American flag. It was Cinco de Mayo...that flag was flown in a place where there is usually NO flag, drapped from a railing...just like I fly my Irish flag on St. Patricks Day and my Scottish flag on Tartan Day. Now you want to come after me and tear my flags down?

§175. Position and manner of display
The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
(a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
(b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Yes, that is what I said.

No, that is not what it says...there is NOTHING in the Flag Code that requires that there always be an American flag in ANY flag display. For you to read that when it isn't there is ridiculous.

Having trouble reading for comprehension? Let me remove the extra verbage and you can see it more plainly.

No person shall display the flag of any other national flag in place of the flag of the United States at any place within the United States. Pretty simple really. You are wrong. I probably would have let it slide, but you made such a point of it, I decided to check. Bad move on your part.

Kinda amazing what liberal "patriots" don't get.

I get so tired of the Left acting as if they are just as patriotic as the Right, when they turn around and don't even begin to understand what it means to be a patriot. I'm not saying someone on the Left can't be a patriot, no, but it's examples like this that show that many aren't what they claim.

Thank you saveliberty, for making the obvious, even more obvious, for the clueless. :)

Libs... if you don't think this is the very best country in the world, and deserves to be honored as such, why are you still here?

I read just fine...now...show me that the Mexican flag was being shown "in place of" the American flag. It was Cinco de Mayo...that flag was flown in a place where there is usually NO flag, drapped from a railing...just like I fly my Irish flag on St. Patricks Day and my Scottish flag on Tartan Day. Now you want to come after me and tear my flags down?

They made a flag display. The US flag was omitted. A clear violation.

Oh pul-leeze....so every freeking flag "display" in the U.S. ... or, in other words, every time someone puts up a flag, they ALSO have to have an American flag with it and above it? Are you serious?

Oh pul-leeze....so every freeking flag "display" in the U.S. ... or, in other words, every time someone puts up a flag, they ALSO have to have an American flag with it and above it? Are you serious?

Um... yeah, pretty much.

On your own property you can do as you wish, but if you fly another country's flag without flying the American flag above it, or to the right of it, than you are insulting this country and it's inhabitants...don't be surprised when they insult you right back.

On your own property you can do as you wish, but if you fly another country's flag without flying the American flag above it, or to the right of it, than you are insulting this country and it's inhabitants...don't be surprised when they insult you right back.

Bull shit. That's not what the flag code says at all.

Oh, the Code was just spiffy when you thought you had a loophole. Now when it gets slammed in your face your all whiney. Your country first. That is apparently a very hard concept for you. Too bad.

Oh, the Code was just spiffy when you thought you had a loophole. Now when it gets slammed in your face your all whiney. Your country first. That is apparently a very hard concept for you. Too bad.

I see...you admit that I am right about the Flag Code, but you don't like it. Got it. :lol:

I see...you admit that I am right about the Flag Code, but you don't like it. Got it. :lol:

At this point denial is your best option. By all means, go with that.

At this point denial is your best option. By all means, go with that.

Well, I can see where you would go with what you know, right?

I sort of like this side of your humor Bodecea. It occurred to me yesterday, the kid's suspension was shorter than this thread. One probably accomplished as much as the other.

...I said they were Mexican American ................

They are either Mex or American, can't be both.

I suppose YOU send gun money to the IRA being Irish & all

Nope. Protestant. But seems to me that you assume ALL Irish Americans are IRA. How about those of us who are German Americans...we all Nazis?

not much into assumptions actually. I DO however have an EXTREME dislike for nominal hyphenatedf 'americans' who still want to have a dog in the fight regarding their Old Country be they Irish buying guns for the IRA, Mex dreaming of a La Raza Reconquista, Jews who think the US Army is a body of Israeli janassaries, Chinese passing on missile technology to Peking,................or anybody placing any foreign interest above America.

They are either Mex or American, can't be both.

I suppose YOU send gun money to the IRA being Irish & all

Nope. Protestant. But seems to me that you assume ALL Irish Americans are IRA. How about those of us who are German Americans...we all Nazis?

not much into assumptions actually. I DO however have an EXTREME dislike for nominal hyphenatedf 'americans' who still want to have a dog in the fight regarding their Old Country be they Irish buying guns for the IRA, Mex dreaming of a La Raza Reconquista, Jews who think the US Army is a body of Israeli janassaries, Chinese passing on missile technology to Peking,................or anybody placing any foreign interest above America.

Are you saying that anyone who has PRIDE in their country or culture of origin are like that?

Are you saying that anyone who has PRIDE in their country or culture of origin are like that?

When you start letting 'pride' in a foreign country affect your AMERICAN politics as in say becoming a proponent of open borders for your 'hard working' mex or irish kin you have crossed a line and become the Enemy of the American People..

Had an absolutely tramatized weekend at the Costa Mesa Scottish Highland Games. All these hyphenated Americans...all these booths flying Scottish flags at the same level as American flags.....many flying Scottish flags WITHOUT American flags.

My fingers were itching to tear them all down........:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back