Stop hitting the snooze

Silence Dogood

Silence Dogood
Dec 13, 2008
U.S.A.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Did you ever think there might be another way?

That's the big question, now here's why you're going to think about it long after you read this:

So here you are, sitting at your computer, thinking about what you REALLY want to do, cause let's ace it, as enthralling as my articles are, [and they are :) ] you know that popping this one open was a whim, right?

Cool, so as long as we're being honest, what's say another question out of the way? Are you happy with the way things are working? Screw the country and all the obvious issues there, that's like shooting fish in a barrel. GO DEEPER!

Ok, what am I trying to say? Bear with me cause I’m only human too... That's kind of what I'm saying. We're all in this together. yet we cut each other down, over and over again. Our world has become a competition that honestly, some people, just have NO SHOT of winning.

Metaphors worked for Jesus, so let's try that: I want you to picture someone who was a major, pivotal figure in our history. Not just American history, I'm talking HUMAN history. Copernicus, Newton, Givenchy, one of those guys. The guys who discovered something HUGE, and needed to share that information with the world. All those guys, and many more, were absolutely RIGHT, or on the right track, while others around them, IMPORTANT people, shunned them, threatened them, and fought them tooth and nail.

Now take a walk through your local market, mall or shopping center. Look at that kid across the way with 17 piercings... or the pregnant teenager that you KNOW wasn't planning that baby, or maybe that hobo looking guy that is always walking around your town but you don't really know WHAT he does.........

THEY ARE OUR WASTED SAVIORS! No, not all of them. Yes, I know that some of those people have earned your distain, ok, so lets just get THAT piece of hate mail out of the way. What I'm saying, is that our world has created a new breed of outcast, unlike anything that was around in the days of our history books. They don’t have a name, so I will name them with the most common tool used to deal with their existence: Blinders.

You put up the blinders, You know their there, but you "can't" see them. Someone else will deal with them. But this growing class of people aren't there to be DELT with. There are the product, the residue of the new world order that has been forming and growing into something beautifully horrific since the end of the great depression.

I'm not going to go into tremendous detail, and if you want a big long explanation behind my thoughts on this, message me, and ill oblige, but in the interest of my message, I digress and simply state this:

Being truly great, and eating three square meals, is not possible. I challenge any of you out there to find someone worth remembering that had ANYTHING come easy. Over and over again, we have been taught, through trial and pain, and horrible circumstance after horrible circumstance, that our own understanding alone is not sufficient to end any kind of suffering. All good on this planet is done through collective effort, and collaboration, yet we struggle against each other for something we can call just "ours". Ownership and greed has overtaken the basic understanding that together, we are stronger than when we stand alone.

These great people that walk among you, they will not look pleasant all the time. Most times they are hungry. Most times, they are worried. This world is not kind to them. but this world needs them as fiercely as their own beating heart!

Now look at yourself in this equation. Who are you? We all play a role, and as human beings we have the grand privilege of choice. You are who you choose to be. Ladies and gentlemen, someone reading this has an idea that could redefine human history. It's could be you. It could be your neighbor, or your daughter, or son. Just because this history book has a back cover, doesn’t mean that everything worth remembering has already been done. This world will go on after we're gone, and someone else will be looking into the books written about THIS time in history. What will they read?

In closing, for now, I will say this:

Do not be one of the people in the history books that ignored change, or new ideas. Do not let yourself believe what the masses tell you. Sure, they get some stuff right, but in the end, if you look back, and use history the way it was MEANT to be used, you can see that making those choices for YOURSELF is often a better option. We are born ignorant; educate yourself.

Just because the world will tell you that you are just a normal person, who needs to adhere to the set "American" dream lifestyle ( school, college, job, marriage, kids, retire, die) doesn't mean it's true. If something doesn't feel right, odds are, it's not. Don’t let mommy or daddy, or teacher tell you... well anything that doesn't make sense. Have the courage to be the stuff of history books, because I'm really thinking that our era needs something to brighten up this particular chapter, don't you?

Scatterbrained as always, but those who are meant to see my point, will, as always.

humbly,

Silence Dogood

Ladies and Gentlemen,

That's the big question, now here's why you're going to think about it long after you read this:

So here you are, sitting at your computer, thinking about what you REALLY want to do, cause let's ace it, as enthralling as my articles are, [and they are :) ] you know that popping this one open was a whim, right?

Cool, so as long as we're being honest, what's say another question out of the way? Are you happy with the way things are working? Screw the country and all the obvious issues there, that's like shooting fish in a barrel. GO DEEPER!

Ok, what am I trying to say? Bear with me cause I’m only human too... That's kind of what I'm saying. We're all in this together. yet we cut each other down, over and over again. Our world has become a competition that honestly, some people, just have NO SHOT of winning.

Metaphors worked for Jesus, so let's try that: I want you to picture someone who was a major, pivotal figure in our history. Not just American history, I'm talking HUMAN history. Copernicus, Newton, Givenchy, one of those guys. The guys who discovered something HUGE, and needed to share that information with the world. All those guys, and many more, were absolutely RIGHT, or on the right track, while others around them, IMPORTANT people, shunned them, threatened them, and fought them tooth and nail.

Now take a walk through your local market, mall or shopping center. Look at that kid across the way with 17 piercings... or the pregnant teenager that you KNOW wasn't planning that baby, or maybe that hobo looking guy that is always walking around your town but you don't really know WHAT he does.........

THEY ARE OUR WASTED SAVIORS! No, not all of them. Yes, I know that some of those people have earned your distain, ok, so lets just get THAT piece of hate mail out of the way. What I'm saying, is that our world has created a new breed of outcast, unlike anything that was around in the days of our history books. They don’t have a name, so I will name them with the most common tool used to deal with their existence: Blinders.

You put up the blinders, You know their there, but you "can't" see them. Someone else will deal with them. But this growing class of people aren't there to be DELT with. There are the product, the residue of the new world order that has been forming and growing into something beautifully horrific since the end of the great depression.

I'm not going to go into tremendous detail, and if you want a big long explanation behind my thoughts on this, message me, and ill oblige, but in the interest of my message, I digress and simply state this:

Being truly great, and eating three square meals, is not possible. I challenge any of you out there to find someone worth remembering that had ANYTHING come easy. Over and over again, we have been taught, through trial and pain, and horrible circumstance after horrible circumstance, that our own understanding alone is not sufficient to end any kind of suffering. All good on this planet is done through collective effort, and collaboration, yet we struggle against each other for something we can call just "ours". Ownership and greed has overtaken the basic understanding that together, we are stronger than when we stand alone.

These great people that walk among you, they will not look pleasant all the time. Most times they are hungry. Most times, they are worried. This world is not kind to them. but this world needs them as fiercely as their own beating heart!

Now look at yourself in this equation. Who are you? We all play a role, and as human beings we have the grand privilege of choice. You are who you choose to be. Ladies and gentlemen, someone reading this has an idea that could redefine human history. It's could be you. It could be your neighbor, or your daughter, or son. Just because this history book has a back cover, doesn’t mean that everything worth remembering has already been done. This world will go on after we're gone, and someone else will be looking into the books written about THIS time in history. What will they read?

Do not be one of the people in the history books that ignored change, or new ideas. Do not let yourself believe what the masses tell you. Sure, they get some stuff right, but in the end, if you look back, and use history the way it was MEANT to be used, you can see that making those choices for YOURSELF is often a better option. We are born ignorant; educate yourself.

Just because the world will tell you that you are just a normal person, who needs to adhere to the set "American" dream lifestyle ( school, college, job, marriage, kids, retire, die) doesn't mean it's true. If something doesn't feel right, odds are, it's not. Don’t let mommy or daddy, or teacher tell you... well anything that doesn't make sense. Have the courage to be the stuff of history books, because I'm really thinking that our era needs something to brighten up this particular chapter, don't you?

Scatterbrained as always, but those who are meant to see my point, will, as always.

humbly,

Silence Dogood

your writing reminds me of my marijuana college days... which also happen to be right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think there are an infinite number of other ways, actually.

Whim, fate, divine providence...all pretty much the same thing.

Cool, so as long as we're being honest, what's say another question out of the way? Are you happy with the way things are working?

What?? You mean this isn't the best of all possible worlds?

Screw the country and all the obvious issues there, that's like shooting fish in a barrel. GO DEEPER!

Define "winning."

Truly revolutionary thinking is seldom welcomed by those for whom the revolution brings uncertainty, that's for damned sure.

Urban magical thinking. If I don't acknowledge the unpleasant thing, perhaps it won't see me, either.

I remember being one of those people for a while. You have no idea how goofy "normal people" seemed to me at the time.

I have really done one thing that I think was worthy of my time in this world. I didn't do that when I was making a better than average wage, I have done that since I have become offically poor.

I don't know if the world actually needs any of us. I do know the world is stuck with us, though.

Now look at yourself in this equation. Who are you? We all play a role, and as human beings we have the grand privilege of choice. You are who you choose to be. Ladies and gentlemen, someone reading this has an idea that could redefine human history. It's could be you.

It is me. It's other people, too.

It could be your neighbor, or your daughter, or son. Just because this history book has a back cover, doesn’t mean that everything worth remembering has already been done. This world will go on after we're gone, and someone else will be looking into the books written about THIS time in history. What will they read?

Who invented the past tense? Who invented the hand dug well? who first cooked meat with fire on a spit? Who domesticated the first bovine? Who invented the conept of zero?

We don't know their names.

Education is the easy part. Application of what you know is the real trick.

Just because the world will tell you that you are just a normal person, who needs to adhere to the set "American" dream lifestyle ( school, college, job, marriage, kids, retire, die) doesn't mean it's true.

The world has never told me I was normal. Eventually, I had no choice but to believe them.

If something doesn't feel right, odds are, it's not. Don’t let mommy or daddy, or teacher tell you... well anything that doesn't make sense. Have the courage to be the stuff of history books, because I'm really thinking that our era needs something to brighten up this particular chapter, don't you?

Flying cars would help. Well...maybe they wouldn't help, but ~ darn! ~ wouldn't they be fun?

humbly,

Silence Dogood

Somebody's been reading their B. Franklin bio, I see.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back