Stomping Rand Paul Supporter Wants Victim To Apologize To Him

I love how the far right wingnuts love to speak about "personal responsiblity" when its involving the left.

But when you have blowhards like Lush Rimbaugh and O'Really spewing hate speech against gays, abortion doctors et. al, and some RW nutjobs walks in somewhere and blows the brains out of a doctor in church or bashes a gay guy to death...they turn around say "Who me? Nooo...I didn't do nuttin!"

*SMH*

Fraud argument. Rush and Bill do not target hate speech against Gays, or abortion doctors. You can't stand up to their argument's so you slander them. You also like to sum us all up as if we are of a single mind. We are not. You also like to speak for what you presume our positions are, you are not qualified. What is important is your perspective. Try to distinguish what you know from what you think you know. I wish no harm to anyone, that includes Gays, and Abortion Doctors. I don't condone, or support attacks in anyway. Can you say the same? I hope so.

I love how the far right wingnuts love to speak about "personal responsiblity" when its involving the left.

But when you have blowhards like Lush Rimbaugh and O'Really spewing hate speech against gays, abortion doctors et. al, and some RW nutjobs walks in somewhere and blows the brains out of a doctor in church or bashes a gay guy to death...they turn around say "Who me? Nooo...I didn't do nuttin!"

*SMH*
that is fucking pathetic, even for you

1b227e61-b4c3-5c53-9d8f-88ab81767403.preview-300.jpg

Who remembers this guy?

Who remembers the right's view of that incident?

Lauren Valle, Head-Stomped MoveOn Activist, Responds To Stomper’s Request For Apology | Capitol Hill Blue

In a statement sent to reporters on Friday, Lauren Valle, the MoveOn.org activist who was stomped on during a pre-rally demonstration outside the Kentucky Senate debate, addressed her antagonist’s insistence that he is the one owed an apology. In a statement sent to reporters on Friday, Lauren Valle, the MoveOn.org activist who was stomped on during a pre-rally demonstration outside the Kentucky Senate debate, addressed her antagonist’s insistence that he is the one owed an apology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Profitt, You have asked that I apologize to you. Perhaps this is not the apology that you are looking for, but I do have some things to say.

I have been called a progressive, a liberal, a professional agitator. You have been called a conservative, a Republican, a member of the Tea Party movement. Fundamentally and most importantly, you and I are both human beings. We are also both American citizens. These two facts, to me, are far more meaningful than the multitude of labels that we carry. And if these two facts are true then it means we are on the same team.

I have not been for one moment angry with you and your actions. Instead I feel thoroughly devastated. It is evident that your physical assault on me is symptomatic of the crisis that this country is struggling through. And it seems that I will heal from my injuries long before this country can work through our separation. Only when we decide let go of our hate, our violence and our aggression will we be able to communicate to each other about the issues that divide us. Right now, we are not communicating, we are stomping on each other. No one can ever win, no one can ever be heard, with violence.

You and I, as fellow citizens, and we, as a country, have a choice. Either we choose to continue the cycle of inflicting violence upon each other, screaming at each other, insulting each other and putting one another down or we and find a way to sit down and start listening to each other. We’ll see how far we get. We are all viciously and vociferously feeding a fire that will only burn us down together. We must reach inside ourselves and make space for each other. We must forgive each other. We must believe in our capacity for transformation. The moment we choose compassion and reconciliation is the moment that we will begin to move toward freedom. There is no other way.

I believe that you should be held accountable for your actions but I also recognize the incredibly negative impact that the consequences must be having on your life, and I wish you all the best as you yourself heal from this. Violence hurts everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren Valle, Head-Stomped MoveOn Activist, Responds To Stomper’s Request For Apology | Capitol Hill Blue

In a statement sent to reporters on Friday, Lauren Valle, the MoveOn.org activist who was stomped on during a pre-rally demonstration outside the Kentucky Senate debate, addressed her antagonist’s insistence that he is the one owed an apology. In a statement sent to reporters on Friday, Lauren Valle, the MoveOn.org activist who was stomped on during a pre-rally demonstration outside the Kentucky Senate debate, addressed her antagonist’s insistence that he is the one owed an apology.

Mr. Profitt, You have asked that I apologize to you. Perhaps this is not the apology that you are looking for, but I do have some things to say.

I have been called a progressive, a liberal, a professional agitator. You have been called a conservative, a Republican, a member of the Tea Party movement. Fundamentally and most importantly, you and I are both human beings. We are also both American citizens. These two facts, to me, are far more meaningful than the multitude of labels that we carry. And if these two facts are true then it means we are on the same team.

I have not been for one moment angry with you and your actions. Instead I feel thoroughly devastated. It is evident that your physical assault on me is symptomatic of the crisis that this country is struggling through. And it seems that I will heal from my injuries long before this country can work through our separation. Only when we decide let go of our hate, our violence and our aggression will we be able to communicate to each other about the issues that divide us. Right now, we are not communicating, we are stomping on each other. No one can ever win, no one can ever be heard, with violence.

You and I, as fellow citizens, and we, as a country, have a choice. Either we choose to continue the cycle of inflicting violence upon each other, screaming at each other, insulting each other and putting one another down or we and find a way to sit down and start listening to each other. We’ll see how far we get. We are all viciously and vociferously feeding a fire that will only burn us down together. We must reach inside ourselves and make space for each other. We must forgive each other. We must believe in our capacity for transformation. The moment we choose compassion and reconciliation is the moment that we will begin to move toward freedom. There is no other way.

I believe that you should be held accountable for your actions but I also recognize the incredibly negative impact that the consequences must be having on your life, and I wish you all the best as you yourself heal from this. Violence hurts everyone.

she said that well

*SMH*

Cite the instances. You are gonna be hard-pressed to find anything in context ouside Media Matters.

Point of fact you can't.

Very well said. I wonder if she made it to that place before or after the incident. Either way, if the struggle brings us all forward, at least something good came of it. Conduct on all sides at these rallies and event's is important.

The Weak Tea Party are right wing extremists.

It is not surprising that there craziness would lead to something like this.

she said that well

She did. It's a shame that she doesn't really mean it. Might have had more credibility if she wasnt being violent as well.

The Weak Tea Party are right wing extremists.

It is not surprising that there craziness would lead to something like this.

please tell me what's crazy about wanting corruption out of our government, our politicians to follow the constitution and to stop spending our money when we don't have it. Ill even start a thread for you to tell us.

*SMH*

Thank you for demonstrating how you don't listen to any of the so called "Blowhards" you are refering too.

she said that well

She did. It's a shame that she doesn't really mean it. Might have had more credibility if she wasnt being violent as well.

You are able to tell that she doesn't 'really means it'? How?

You are able to tell that she doesn't 'really means it'? How?

Because most people who sincerely want to avoid violence, don't agitate and commit acts of violence.

Here's how it works. People who sincerely believe a position have a right to express that position without being physically attacked. To portray putting a sign in the window of a passing car as an act of 'violence' is absurd. If she were a legitimate threat, then only the actions of the first person that pulled her away would be acceptable. Profitt's actions were NOT.

Forum List

Back