Stolen Valor

rdean, you never cease to amaze me. You even have to cheapen this thread with your vile hatred and lies. Neg rep will be coming as soon as I have more rep to spread around. You betcha!

It is my pleasure to undertake the task of negging the little shit.

Don't shoot the messenger:

George W. Bush Wore a Ribbon He Did Not Earn - Democratic Underground

NGB22.jpg

The awards listed here are the Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon and the National Defense Service Medal, but no mention is made of the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award.

Seems to me that this award is similar to two that I used to wear, The Presidential Unit Citation and the Meritorious Unit Citation. I only wore them while assigned to the Unit that had been awarded them as I was not part of the Unit at the time they were awarded.

Of course they do not show up on my DD 214, and I did not wear them after leaving that Unit. The Air Force may be different, I sort of doubt it with a Unit award.

Also Bush is shown to have earned the National Defense Service Medal. Yet he is not wearing it in the Picture you show us. SO I can only surmise that this is an official Training Photograph and since he had not completed Training yet he had not yet been awarded the National Defense, Also since it more than likely is an official Photo, taken at most military schools, I doubt they would allow him to wear a ribbon which was unauthorized for wear.

In the Navy, if you're not serving with the unit at the time they are awarded the citation, you don't get the award.

Seems kinda cheap to have someone wear the ribbon while serving there, but when you leave you don't wear it any longer.

Oh yeah........for ships? The award is displayed as a ribbon on the bridge wings. If you weren't serving at the time the MUC or PUC was awarded? You don't wear it.

In the Navy, if you're not serving with the unit at the time they are awarded the citation, you don't get the award.

Seems kinda cheap to have someone wear the ribbon while serving there, but when you leave you don't wear it any longer.

Oh yeah........for ships? The award is displayed as a ribbon on the bridge wings. If you weren't serving at the time the MUC or PUC was awarded? You don't wear it.

Very sensible way to do it, in my opinion.

use all the smilies you want...the timeline clearly shows you to be disingenuous liar.... which was my only point all along. The only meds I take are for my heart disease... other than that, I am perfectly fine, and, without DOUBT have forgotten more in my life than you have ever known. no go away. you bore me.

What it shows is you using a post that was clearly from Me addressed to Someone other than You as a reference to Me ignoring You, which I was not. This argument is beyond absurd. I know You are used to having Your way in things, but that is past and not relevant here. You claimed Kerry signed Standard Form #180. I acknowledged Your claim. You are caught up in Ego and Vanity which may play well in Your Circle, but not to Me. God, Liberty, Country. Where does Your argument fit? You still fail to see the truth that My first response to seeing Your claim proved was an acknowledgement. 86 the Pride and go back and follow the chain soberly. I despise Kerry, that won't change. Your assumption about My ignoring Your Post or delaying My response is false. Nothing will change that. Suck it up and get over it Sailor.

what the chain shows is that the post from someone else that you replied to was the one IMMEDIATELY below mine on the page... for you to say that you did not know of it is patently ridiculous... you had to scan right over it to get to the one you subsequently read and replied to. As I said, I am assuming nothing. You were online, reading in this very thread and for you to claim that you read this thread and replied to a post in it but somehow were totally unaware of other posts immediately adjacent to it is silly. And if you had merely responded belatedly to my proof of Kerry's SF180 admitting that you had been wrong, and not posted the follow-on post insulting me, we wouldn't still be talking about it asshole. got it? good. Lick your wounds in private from here on out.

What I got is the Navy is Better that You have retired. Your deduction is a plain fail. Your conclusion is False, based on Your perception, based on incomplete information. You assumed wrong, it's forgivable, That's okay though , God still cares. You are not the center of creation Brother. You are pissing into a head wind.

The Navy isn't alway's sensible though. Here's another Ghost of Christmas past. Has Anyone read the Book?

On June 8, 1967, US Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty was suddenly and brutally attacked on the high seas in international waters by the air and naval forces of Israel. The Israeli forces attacked with full knowledge that this was an American ship and lied about it. Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public. The USS Liberty Memorial web site tells their story and is dedicated to the memory of the 34 brave men who died.

The Attack

After surveilling USS Liberty for more than nine hours with almost hourly aircraft overflights and radar tracking, the air and naval forces of Israel attacked our ship in international waters without warning. USS Liberty was identified as a US naval ship by Israeli reconnaissance aircraft nine hours before the attack and continuously tracked by Israeli radar and aircraft thereafter. Sailing in international waters at less than five knots, with no offensive armament, our ship was not a military threat to anyone.

The Israeli forces attacked without warning and without attempting to contact us. Thirty four Americans were killed in the attack and another 174 were wounded. The ship, a $40-million dollar state-of-the-art signals intelligence platform, was later declared unsalvageable and sold for scrap.

USS Liberty Memorial

Here is one on topic for a change.

Ex-soldier also accused of fraud; limp disappears

At his arraignment Thursday afternoon in federal court, former Army soldier Skyler Tarquin Smith pleaded not guilty to wire fraud, making false statements that led to his getting a government contract and wearing war medals he didn't earn.

Smith, 26, said nothing at his arraignment before U.S. Magistrate Judge Harwell Davis in Huntsville. Davis released him on bond last week, not long after he was arrested by federal officials outside American Legion Post 278 where he was about to - or so he thought - be inducted into the Military Order of the Purple Heart, based on reportedly fraudulent Army records.

When visiting with members of that organization, Smith wore two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, a Combat Infantry Badge, a Senior Parachutist Badge and an Air Assault Badge. To wear war medals not actually earned is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act.

He rode on the Purple Heart group's float in the Veterans Day Parade in November.

Smith reportedly walked with a limp around war veterans, but the alleged Iraq and Afghanistan veteran did not have a limp as he approached the bench or as he fled from television cameras after the arraignment.

Smith was also indicted on charges of wire fraud, involving the sale of a ring he said was diamond and worth nearly $350,000, though he sold it for $70,000.

An assistant U.S. attorney said a man from North Carolina wired Smith the money and flew to Huntsville to pick up the ring. The fraud victim asked Smith to go with him to a jewelry store at Bridge Street to have the ring appraised, but Smith reportedly said he didn't have time.

The victim proceeded with the appraisal and quickly learned it was cubic zirconia. It is valued at $13.

Federal officials already had a case open on Smith about the faux diamond ring and wire fraud allegation when complaints were filed about him not following through on a government contract for ballistic vests.

Assistant U.S. Attorney David Estes said Smith had won a $160,000 contract with the Department of Defense to provide the vests.

Estes said when Smith didn't deliver on the contract, a complaint was filed, and investigators learned that the soldier not only wasn't a battle-injured veteran as he claimed, but he'd been released from the Army with an "other-than-honorable" discharge for going AWOL when his unit, the 82nd Airborne, was about to deploy to the Middle East.

"He lied, claiming to have been injured in combat, and that allowed him to get that DoD contract," said Estes, who has served 25 years in the Army. "In doing so, he prevented a real service-disabled veteran from getting the contract.

"It's a disgraceful thing."

Estes said if Smith maintains his plea of not guilty, the case will likely go to trial within 90 days. The charges against him carry penalties from six months to 20 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000. He is being represented by Robert Tuten, a court-appointed attorney.

Not guilty plea in medals case - al.com

Here is one on topic for a change.

Ex-soldier also accused of fraud; limp disappears

At his arraignment Thursday afternoon in federal court, former Army soldier Skyler Tarquin Smith pleaded not guilty to wire fraud, making false statements that led to his getting a government contract and wearing war medals he didn't earn.

Smith, 26, said nothing at his arraignment before U.S. Magistrate Judge Harwell Davis in Huntsville. Davis released him on bond last week, not long after he was arrested by federal officials outside American Legion Post 278 where he was about to - or so he thought - be inducted into the Military Order of the Purple Heart, based on reportedly fraudulent Army records.

When visiting with members of that organization, Smith wore two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, a Combat Infantry Badge, a Senior Parachutist Badge and an Air Assault Badge. To wear war medals not actually earned is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act.

He rode on the Purple Heart group's float in the Veterans Day Parade in November.

Smith reportedly walked with a limp around war veterans, but the alleged Iraq and Afghanistan veteran did not have a limp as he approached the bench or as he fled from television cameras after the arraignment.

Smith was also indicted on charges of wire fraud, involving the sale of a ring he said was diamond and worth nearly $350,000, though he sold it for $70,000.

An assistant U.S. attorney said a man from North Carolina wired Smith the money and flew to Huntsville to pick up the ring. The fraud victim asked Smith to go with him to a jewelry store at Bridge Street to have the ring appraised, but Smith reportedly said he didn't have time.

The victim proceeded with the appraisal and quickly learned it was cubic zirconia. It is valued at $13.

Federal officials already had a case open on Smith about the faux diamond ring and wire fraud allegation when complaints were filed about him not following through on a government contract for ballistic vests.

Assistant U.S. Attorney David Estes said Smith had won a $160,000 contract with the Department of Defense to provide the vests.

Estes said when Smith didn't deliver on the contract, a complaint was filed, and investigators learned that the soldier not only wasn't a battle-injured veteran as he claimed, but he'd been released from the Army with an "other-than-honorable" discharge for going AWOL when his unit, the 82nd Airborne, was about to deploy to the Middle East.

"He lied, claiming to have been injured in combat, and that allowed him to get that DoD contract," said Estes, who has served 25 years in the Army. "In doing so, he prevented a real service-disabled veteran from getting the contract.

"It's a disgraceful thing."

Estes said if Smith maintains his plea of not guilty, the case will likely go to trial within 90 days. The charges against him carry penalties from six months to 20 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000. He is being represented by Robert Tuten, a court-appointed attorney.

Not guilty plea in medals case - al.com

I hope that dick gets the max. Twice.

Forum List

Back