Still not lookin' good for Republicans

Are you a Congressman or something? Because you obviously didn't read this before you posted it.

From your posted link:

Breakdown of those polled:
Democrats 363 Republicans 303 Independent 180
The numbers don't add up because the margin for error is as large as 7%. But as you can see, they've sampled more Democrats so the results should be in their favor no?

"Do you approve or Disapprove of the job Congress is doing?"
Approve/Disapprove/I Don't Know Where I Live
30/60/10

"Nancy Pelosi"

29/47/24

"Democrat Party"

50/41/9

And if you'll notice, that's trending DOWN. It doesn't really matter what people think about Republicans because they aren't in power. You Liberals need to worry about your own selves because the trend is DOWN for you all.

Maybe next time you'll read and then think about what you post.

No, no...

THIS POLL doesn't tell us ANYTHING! It is clearly rigged to make the GOP look bad so the Democrats won't work so hard in the Election of 2010...

That's it! Yeah, Fox did this poll to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security...

Now, Rassmusen, HE does straight polls...

:lol:

No, no...
THIS POLL doesn't tell us ANYTHING! It is clearly rigged to make the GOP look bad so the Democrats won't work so hard in the Election of 2010...
That's it! Yeah, Fox did this poll to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security...
Now, Rassmusen, HE does straight polls... :lol:
The poll oversampled Democrats but it still didn't show them in a favorable light. That was my point you dunderhead. Where the poll comes from doesn't really matter, the demographic of those polled does.

No, no...
The poll oversampled Democrats but it still didn't show them in a favorable light. That was my point you dunderhead. Where the poll comes from doesn't really matter, the demographic of those polled does.

You are correct.

Maggie tries, but she is a bit of a dull spade in a shed of broken tools...

No, no...

You are correct.

Maggie tries, but she is a bit of a dull spade in a shed of broken tools...

LOL--60 more dems than pubs. Yowza. Now that'll skew the ol' numbers! :lol:

Plus, add the 180 Independents and look at their response to the last question, I am right-on (pun intended) with my assumption that the Republicans remain lost deep in the woods. Since this was a FOXNEWS poll, it doesn't bode well. But hey, go back to Rasmussen if you need a fix. Ole Scotty usually waits 'till other polls are in so he knows the right (pun intended again) questions to ask.

No, no...

Obama's popularity is sliding solely because of the health care issue and the ongoing unemployment situation, which people think he should miraculously fix, since he's the Messiah after all. That and the very normal and historical fact that any new president enjoys a honeymoon period until he gets down to business. I don't feel like linking stuff for you people today, but you can easily verify that as far back as you wish.

In spite of the bad press on everything from Gatesgate to the stim spending to health care to deficit surges, Obama's overall approval rating remains above 50%.

All the polls:
Obama: Job Ratings

On the issues:
Obama Administation

Let me just say that for me to dismiss this president now over what I consider works in progress and/or silly politics just ain't gonna happen. It will take something HUGE for me to lose faith that he is trying to do the best he can under the circumstances for the American people, and especially middle America which has been shut out far too long.

By HUGE, and by way of examples, I mean some genuine scandal such as the financial meltdown and his attempts to save us from catastrophe which he and his staff can be proven to have orchestrated for political gain, then try to cover up, or some obscure personal scandal that is PROVABLE.

Count me as one of the over 50% who will continue to support Barack Obama until he seriously fucks up, which so far, he has not. Got it? Good. It simply is not in my nature to give up this early on in ANY presidency. You might be interested to know that I was probably the only person in my 60-person law firm who held out for Richard Nixon, until, of course, he admitted on national television that he lied to the American people. (And by the way, to this day, I think Nixon accomplished a lot that proved to be beneficial to this nation, in spite of the way he went about it.)

It will take something HUGE for me to lose faith that he is trying to do the best he can
ANOTHER devoted cult follower, just like sillybozo! Welcome to my sig Monica!

I don't get your point. Got a problem with the word "faith"?? How would you otherwise describe your "faith" that Obama will fail? And by the way, I don't think it's possible for him to lower the deficit anytime soon, so don't lump me in with that other quote you think is so cute to add as your signature.

I can see that my FAITH upsets you terribly. Tough shit. Now adddress what I said why don't ya. Perhaps you should PM Pubic who seems to be trying to engage me in a dogfight in another thread. I'm sure she can write an appropriate diatribe for you.

Last edited:
It will take something HUGE for me to lose faith that he is trying to do the best he can

I don't get your point. Got a problem with the word "faith"?? How would you otherwise describe your "faith" that Obama will fail? And by the way, I don't think it's possible for him to lower the deficit anytime soon, so don't lump me in with that other quote you think is so cute to add as your signature.

I can see that my FAITH upsets you terribly. Tough shit. Now adddress what I said why don't ya.
"Faith" is emotion-based. Means you're not using your BRAIN. Like all Obamaphiles, Koresh followers, manson followers, devotees think their leader can do no wrong! :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

I know not to take you at all seriously, for sure now!

I can see that my FAITH upsets you terribly. Tough shit. Now adddress what I said why don't ya.
"Faith" is emotion-based. Means you're not using your BRAIN. Like all Obamaphiles, Koresh followers, manson followers, devotees think their leader can do no wrong! :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

Well excuse me all to hell for not doing a full-page analysis, and instead wrapping it up in one common English definition. I'll go one-to-one with you on brainpower any day. Sir.

Well excuse me all to hell for not doing a full-page analysis, and instead wrapping it up in one common English definition. I'll go one-to-one with you on brainpower any day. Sir.
This is maybe IF you actually USE your brain. See?

You more intelligently could have said, "It will take something HUGE for me to believe that he is not trying to do the best he can under the circumstances for the American people"

Instead? You exposed yourself for the mindless Obamaphile you are! It's a faith based program, like any other cult or religion! You have eschewed any and all critical thinking when it comes to The Obama, and instead use all your resources defending your cult leader! Being an apologist!

Like any good faithful cult follower does! :rofl:

You more intelligently could have said, "It will take something HUGE for me to believe that he is not trying to do the best he can under the circumstances for the American people"

Instead? You exposed yourself for the mindless Obamaphile you are! It's a faith based program, like any other cult or religion! You have eschewed any and all critical thinking when it comes to The Obama, and instead use all your resources defending your cult leader! Being an apologist!

True - faith implies emotion.

Obama's followers are emotionally invested in him - thus, to discredit him is to discredit themselves, and that takes a stronger person to admit they were duped.

It is happening though - slowly but surely...

Obama's followers are emotionally invested in him - thus, to discredit him is to discredit themselves, and that takes a stronger person to admit they were duped.

We sometimes call that "buyer's remorse" but the problem is, it requires intellectual honesty.

Which is exactly what you have to throw under the bus to be an Obamaphile to start with.

Good post.

And what do you call the HATE OBAMA HERD, if not cultish? Sometimes you come off smarter than this. But the above blather paints you as a hypocrite of the worst kind when you fail to realize that you allege something against another that you do yourself.

That said, I don't know where you were schooled. but the word "faith" had a helluva lot more definitions than simply applying to religious dogma. In fact, in my big fat desk copy of Roget's Super Thesaurus, the word "religion" isn't even listed as synonomous with "faith." To-wit:

Faith [n]
1. BELIEF, conviction, trust, confidence, certainty, sureness, credence, reliance, hope, dependence.

And a literary example: "It is an instinct, for it precedes all outward instruction." (Henry Amiel)

Next?

I can't stand this. How can you people be so fucking dumb? But let's assume that you are correct that by using the word "faith" in Obama, I thus project my "emotion." Fine. Then tell me why YOU are not projecting EMOTION when you smack me down for simply using the word? Is that not your EMOTION passionately on display, you idiots?

The rest of your statement is wishful thinking. But hey, some people are unable to sleep nights unless their last thought is of Obama being hung by his thumbs by an angry bunch of tea partiers.

Forum List

Back