Still not lookin' good for Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MaggieMae, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Are you a Congressman or something? Because you obviously didn't read this before you posted it.

From your posted link:

Breakdown of those polled:
    Democrats 363 Republicans 303 Independent 180
    The numbers don't add up because the margin for error is as large as 7%. But as you can see, they've sampled more Democrats so the results should be in their favor no?

"Do you approve or Disapprove of the job Congress is doing?"
    Approve/Disapprove/I Don't Know Where I Live
    30/60/10

"Nancy Pelosi"

29/47/24

"Democrat Party"

50/41/9

And if you'll notice, that's trending DOWN. It doesn't really matter what people think about Republicans because they aren't in power. You Liberals need to worry about your own selves because the trend is DOWN for you all.

Maybe next time you'll read and then think about what you post.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  3. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  4. jvn

jvn Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    No, no...

THIS POLL doesn't tell us ANYTHING! It is clearly rigged to make the GOP look bad so the Democrats won't work so hard in the Election of 2010...

That's it! Yeah, Fox did this poll to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security...

Now, Rassmusen, HE does straight polls...

:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    I must admit, that was pretty funny.

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    The poll oversampled Democrats but it still didn't show them in a favorable light. That was my point you dunderhead. Where the poll comes from doesn't really matter, the demographic of those polled does.

7. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

You are correct.

Maggie tries, but she is a bit of a dull spade in a shed of broken tools...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    LOL--60 more dems than pubs. Yowza. Now that'll skew the ol' numbers! :lol:

Plus, add the 180 Independents and look at their response to the last question, I am right-on (pun intended) with my assumption that the Republicans remain lost deep in the woods. Since this was a FOXNEWS poll, it doesn't bode well. But hey, go back to Rasmussen if you need a fix. Ole Scotty usually waits 'till other polls are in so he knows the right (pun intended again) questions to ask.

9. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Obama's popularity is sliding solely because of the health care issue and the ongoing unemployment situation, which people think he should miraculously fix, since he's the Messiah after all. That and the very normal and historical fact that any new president enjoys a honeymoon period until he gets down to business. I don't feel like linking stuff for you people today, but you can easily verify that as far back as you wish.

In spite of the bad press on everything from Gatesgate to the stim spending to health care to deficit surges, Obama's overall approval rating remains above 50%.

All the polls:
    Obama: Job Ratings

On the issues:
    Obama Administation

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Let me just say that for me to dismiss this president now over what I consider works in progress and/or silly politics just ain't gonna happen. It will take something HUGE for me to lose faith that he is trying to do the best he can under the circumstances for the American people, and especially middle America which has been shut out far too long.

By HUGE, and by way of examples, I mean some genuine scandal such as the financial meltdown and his attempts to save us from catastrophe which he and his staff can be proven to have orchestrated for political gain, then try to cover up, or some obscure personal scandal that is PROVABLE.

Count me as one of the over 50% who will continue to support Barack Obama until he seriously fucks up, which so far, he has not. Got it? Good. It simply is not in my nature to give up this early on in ANY presidency. You might be interested to know that I was probably the only person in my 60-person law firm who held out for Richard Nixon, until, of course, he admitted on national television that he lied to the American people. (And by the way, to this day, I think Nixon accomplished a lot that proved to be beneficial to this nation, in spite of the way he went about it.)