Steve Doocy reads Republican talking points memo on air

On FOX News and Friends, the host actually read out loud a "Pundit Prep Sheet" put out by the GOP. Oops!

Jon Stewart on Fox News 'pundit prep' - POLITICO.com

For those of you who might say "Well it's on Politico or The Daily Show, keep in mind the clip is from FOX News.

I wonder if there is any similarity between the what the Thought Masters put out and what ConservaRepubs post here....

Hmmmmm.....I watched the video and realized that I hear the exact same things from the Neo-Cons on this board.

So you think that the high gas price, high food prices, high unemployment, and massive debt are indicators of good things?

That's not the point. The point is the blatant republican control of Fox News revealed.

That and laughing your ass off at the biting political satire of Mr. Jon Stewart. That dude rocks! :rock:

have you heard about the studies done by UCLA and Harvard that put FOX as the most balanced news outlet?

Did you see this?;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjX7MdPQByk]Clinton Thinks FOX News is Still Fair and Balanced - YouTube[/ame]

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton says FOX is the most balanced and fair.

So you think that the high gas price, high food prices, high unemployment, and massive debt are indicators of good things?

That's not the point. The point is the blatant republican control of Fox News revealed.

That and laughing your ass off at the biting political satire of Mr. Jon Stewart. That dude rocks! :rock:

have you heard about the studies done by UCLA and Harvard that put FOX as the most balanced news outlet?

Did you see this?;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjX7MdPQByk]Clinton Thinks FOX News is Still Fair and Balanced - YouTube[/ame]

Hillary Clinton

Wasn't that a "pundit point"? :confused:

I Know. They are such partisans. We all remember when they were so blatant that they even said these things:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no9fpKVXxCc]Chris Matthews' thrill up leg - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfsGwfjx7eQ]EPIC MEDIA FAIL: Newsweek's Evan Thomas - Obama Is Sort of a god - YouTube[/ame]
Oh wait...:eusa_whistle:

That is not what she said. That is what the host said she said. And it related to ONE SPECIFIC incident in which FOX was defending a woman candidate. And Clinton thought that was good.

SO what is your point in digging out a few year old clip? That you believe that all your news comes from the most "fair and balanced" source. Hell in America, we can believe whatever the hell we want. And what we believe does not have to have anything to do with reality. Ain't it great?

On FOX News and Friends, the host actually read out loud a "Pundit Prep Sheet" put out by the GOP. Oops!

For those of you who might say "Well it's on Politico or The Daily Show, keep in mind the clip is from FOX News.

I wonder if there is any similarity between the what the Thought Masters put out and what ConservaRepubs post here....

The man was reporting the position of the GOP. Are you so gullible that you believe the DNC hacks working at state controlled propaganda organs ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN don't do exactly the same thing?

And the blatant control of the REST of the media by the DNC and Media Matters???

Two things....

First.....are we supposed to be appaulled that a news organization offered a report on the talking points of the challanging party during a presidential election year?

Second....the talking points are the primary issues of the day....are we supposed to be surprised that the talking points happen to be what EVERYONE on both sides of the aisle are talking about?

In other words...take your faux outrage somewhere else. Anyone looking to criticize this is looking very foolish.

You talk about partisan media outlets as though that were a bad thing.

That is freedom, my friend. And you are free to change the channel and watch a partisan media outlet that aligns with your personal bias.

This is what makes America great. A free press! It baffles the shit out of me anyone would whine about this.

Let's climb into Mr. Peabody's WABAC Machine for a moment to the days when the Fairness Doctrine ruled the (air)waves:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7fu2lNNB8]Milton Friedman - Freedom vs. Fairness - YouTube[/ame]

Notice what Friedman says would happen if the Fairness Doctrine was repealed. He was 100 percent accurate! Amazing, isn't it?

Going further back in Mr. Peabody's WABAC Machine:

In America there is scarcely a hamlet that has not its newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of action can be established among so many combatants, and each one consequently fights under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The will of the majority is the most general of laws, and it establishes certain habits to which everyone must then conform; the aggregate of these common habits is what is called the class spirit (esprit de corps) of each profession; thus there is the class spirit of the bar, of the court, etc. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices.

Nothing can be more deplorable than this abuse of the powers of thought. I shall have occasion to point out hereafter the influence of the newspapers upon the taste and the morality of the American people, but my present subject exclusively concerns the political world. It cannot be denied that the political effects of this extreme license of the press tend indirectly to the maintenance of public order. Individuals who already stand high in the esteem of their fellow citizens are afraid to write in the newspapers, and they are thus deprived of the most powerful instrument that they can use to excite the passions of the multitude to their own advantage.1

The personal opinions of the editors have no weight in the eyes of the public. What they seek in a newspaper is a knowledge of facts, and it is only by altering or distorting those facts that a journalist can contribute to the support of his own views.

But although the press is limited to these resources, its influence in America is immense. It causes political life to circulate through all the parts of that vast territory. Its eye is constantly open to detect the secret springs of political designs and to summon the leaders of all parties in turn to the bar of public opinion.

It rallies the interests of the community round certain principles and draws up the creed of every party; for it affords a means of intercourse between those who hear and address each other without ever coming into immediate contact. When many organs of the press adopt the same line of conduct, their influence in the long run becomes irresistible, and public opinion, perpetually assailed from the same side, eventually yields to the attack. In the United States each separate journal exercises but little authority; but the power of the periodical press is second only to that of the people.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

Last edited:
So let me see if I understand this...

We're not supposed to discuss unemployment, the deficit or the cost of gasoline because we're so "awestruck" by the fact that the stock market is back to pre-crash levels? Sorry, Jon Stewart but the fight going forward over the next eight months will be to see who frames the debate. The Republicans will be trying to make this about the economy, unemployment, the deficit and ObamaCare...the Democrats will be trying to make the discussion about anything else OTHER than those topics.

I really don't know why the RNC feels the "need" to send out a memo like that...quite frankly nothings changed over the past three years that would make them shift the focus of their attack on Barack Obama. Barry's done a lackluster job putting people back to work because he concentrated most of his early efforts on passing ObamaCare, a bill most Americans never wanted in the first place and still DON'T want now. He has no plan going forward to help the economy grow or create jobs...something that was painfully obvious when he returned from his vacation to Martha's Vineyard with a "Jobs Bill" that was nothing more than a renamed and watered down version of the first stimulus that didn't create jobs and added a trillion dollars to our national debt.

One can only watch black pot Jon Stewart making fun of ebony kettle Fox News for being a partisan whore with a great deal of irony.

So let me see if I understand this...

We're not supposed to discuss unemployment, the deficit or the cost of gasoline because we're so "awestruck" by the fact that the stock market is back to pre-crash levels? Sorry, Jon Stewart but the fight going forward over the next eight months will be to see who frames the debate. The Republicans will be trying to make this about the economy, unemployment, the deficit and ObamaCare...the Democrats will be trying to make the discussion about anything else OTHER than those topics.

I really don't know why the RNC feels the "need" to send out a memo like that...quite frankly nothings changed over the past three years that would make them shift the focus of their attack on Barack Obama. Barry's done a lackluster job putting people back to work because he concentrated most of his early efforts on passing ObamaCare, a bill most Americans never wanted in the first place and still DON'T want now. He has no plan going forward to help the economy grow or create jobs...something that was painfully obvious when he returned from his vacation to Martha's Vineyard with a "Jobs Bill" that was nothing more than a renamed and watered down version of the first stimulus that didn't create jobs and added a trillion dollars to our national debt.

But didnt you see what was happening?

Thye media would ask candidates questions about social issues...and we all know that the media loves to hammer GOPers on social issues...

The the GOP needed to make it clear that they will address what is truly important to the American People....not what the media deems is important

"How To Tell What ConservaRepubs Will Say In Advance" - Develop your confirmation bias.

This was discussed at length yesterday. Try to catch up.

Hmmmmm.....I watched the video and realized that I hear the exact same things from the Neo-Cons on this board.

Yeah the last sentence of my OP is rather telling, isn't it?
Gas = NOT the president's fault! Under Bush that is.
Gas = It's The President's FAULT! Under Obama that is... :lol:

This motley crew of GOP candidates is the best material for late night comedians since Bush.

This motley crew of GOP candidates is the best material for late night comedians since Bush.

kinda like the cast of jersey shore sober in red, white and blue :p

Last edited:

When the president is causing the dollar to be devalued by over printing it yes it is obama's fault.

That is not what she said. That is what the host said she said. And it related to ONE SPECIFIC incident in which FOX was defending a woman candidate. And Clinton thought that was good.

SO what is your point in digging out a few year old clip? That you believe that all your news comes from the most "fair and balanced" source. Hell in America, we can believe whatever the hell we want. And what we believe does not have to have anything to do with reality. Ain't it great?

If your statement is correct, it is no different than the thread started by luddly_neddite (I believe he started it, may be incorrect on that) that claimed that Rick Santorum said that the Separation of Church and State made him want to throw up.

Immie

When the president is causing the dollar to be devalued by over printing it yes it is obama's fault.

Oh Rebby, of COURSE you'd say that! It's not like your opinions are your own. Here watch:

Name three worst things Obama has done:
Now name the three best things Obama has done:

Yeah. There ya go.

Oh Rebby, of COURSE you'd say that! It's not like your opinions are your own. Here watch:

Name three worst things Obama has done:
Now name the three best things Obama has done:

Yeah. There ya go.
DERP try again.what happens when you print more and more dollars? You do realize the dollar is the currency that is used in oil transactions?

Forum List

Back