Steady if not significant trend in decline of American religion

Is this steady if slight decline in American religion

• Good for America

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bad for America

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
I'm for a sense of personal spirituality, of an individual working his/her way through the morass to assemble a body of belief that rings true. The problem with organized religion is that it has leaders, a group of humans who know no more than anyone else does, but people chase after them as if they do. It's a steady stream of "Father says," "pastor says," "Rabbi says," "Imam says," "Monk says," when these people know nothing more than the rest of us and are treated as if they do. It's a ridiculous system. Endless recitation of prayers of hymns do nothing.

A search for what is true should not involve anyone else. If you find a kernal of truth as you perceive it, keep it and go on.

I'm for a sense of personal spirituality, of an individual working his/her way through the morass to assemble a body of belief that rings true. The problem with organized religion is that it has leaders, a group of humans who know no more than anyone else does, but people chase after them as if they do. It's a steady stream of "Father says," "pastor says," "Rabbi says," "Imam says," "Monk says," when these people know nothing more than the rest of us and are treated as if they do. It's a ridiculous system. Endless recitation of prayers of hymns do nothing.

A search for what is true should not involve anyone else. If you find a kernal of truth as you perceive it, keep it and go on.

Well Catholics have the pope, that's true. But Protestants don't.

I don't think you know what you're talking about most of the time. I think you need a refund on some of those classes to be honest.

I don't think you know what you're talking about most of the time. I think you need a refund on some of those classes to be honest.
Protestants have their own group of dingbats. Graham, hagee, huckabee, jeffress, perkins, ever heard of them? That anti-gay guy who is a "pastor" somewhere? Focus on the family? The family research council? Protestant hucksters all.

Protestants have their own group of dingbats. Graham, hagee, huckabee, jeffress, perkins, ever heard of them? That anti-gay guy who is a "pastor" somewhere? Focus on the family? The family research council? Protestant hucksters all.

Do you just copy and paste all your old posts? Or what? These are the guys I'm supposed to be "following" and think half of them are crackpots.

But you will just reject that notion, it doesn't jive so it's rejected. So much for learning.

Protestants recognize the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT ----- "Roman Catholics" recognize their pope.

I believe that my Smartphone contains the path to enlightenment; I stare at it all the time seeking its guidance.

Do you just copy and paste all your old posts? Or what? These are the guys I'm supposed to be "following" and think half of them are crackpots.

But you will just reject that notion, it doesn't jive so it's rejected. So much for learning.
You are the one who implied that Protestants don't have leaders. All I said in my post was just not to get all wrapped up with these people because they are mere human beings just like everybody else.

I believe that Americans today are far more religious ---- they simply do not worship GOD. Evolutionists and atheists are extremely religious. They will fight tooth and nail for what the BELIEVE concerning NATURE. Homosexuals are engaged in ritual, they simply direct it towards each other. People hang out in gaming threads and get one tattoo after another... Religious is not of any value unless it brings one closer to GOD and results in eternal security. To simply BELIEVE anything is not of any real value. I feel that society is being organized to accept the rule of the Anti-Christ, exactly in the same way Germany became absorbed with Hitlerism --- the STATE RELIGION.

I have to laugh at your comment "Homosexuals are engaged in ritual, they simply direct it towards each other.".
Are heterosexuals not engaging in the same rituals and also aiming them at each other?

I believe that Americans today are far more religious ---- they simply do not worship GOD. Evolutionists and atheists are extremely religious. They will fight tooth and nail for what the BELIEVE concerning NATURE. Homosexuals are engaged in ritual, they simply direct it towards each other. People hang out in gaming threads and get one tattoo after another... Religious is not of any value unless it brings one closer to GOD and results in eternal security. To simply BELIEVE anything is not of any real value. I feel that society is being organized to accept the rule of the Anti-Christ, exactly in the same way Germany became absorbed with Hitlerism --- the STATE RELIGION.

I have to laugh at your comment "Homosexuals are engaged in ritual, they simply direct it towards each other.".
Are heterosexuals not engaging in the same rituals and also aiming them at each other?
Heterosexuals ideally want and are engaged in starting a family --- becoming one flesh, and Christian couples want to place GOD at the center of that relationship. None of this fits homosexuality.

there is no supernatural being/etc
religion is man made
you can preach and teach civility/manners/etc with a god/etc
Theodore Roosevelt would disagree with you entirely, and then he'd hit you on the head with his BIG STICK.
???!!!
ok
A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. Theodore Roosevelt
Read more at: Theodore Roosevelt Quotes - BrainyQuote

I like this one: A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited:

Heterosexuals ideally want and are engaged in starting a family --- becoming one flesh, and Christian couples want to place GOD at the center of that relationship. None of this fits homosexuality.

What you think the heterosexuals should "ideally" do and what actually happens are two different things.

Hetero couples have sex, fall in love and often want to spend their lives together. Homosexual couples want the same thing.

What you think the heterosexuals should "ideally" do and what actually happens are two different things.

Hetero couples have sex, fall in love and often want to spend their lives together. Homosexual couples want the same thing.
And that is why we are all sinners. But just because we ALL sin doesn't make sin right! People want all sorts of things, but wanting something and or feeling a need to do something doesn't make it proper or correct. I might add that deep feelings of love and sexual contact are entirely different things...

Last edited:

And that is why we are all sinners. But just because we ALL sin doesn't make sin right! People want all sorts of things, but wanting something and or feeling a need to do something doesn't make it proper or correct. I might add that deep feelings of love and sexual contact are entirely different things...

I understand that love and sexual contact are different things. That is why I listed them separately. But my point was that both heterosexual and homosexual couples experience those things.

As someone who does not follow any religious belief (between agnostic & atheist), your accusations of sinning do not mean much.

It doesn't matter what "religions" you say are declining.
Life on this Earth is a temporary gig.
That is an undisputed fact.
And until you except Jesus Christ as the Son of God, who died on the cross for our sinful behavior, your life on this Earth will end on this Earth, while the rest of us will live in eternity with our Lord in heaven.
And until you except Jesus Christ as the Son of God, who died on the cross for our sinful behavior,

- who died on the cross for our sinful behavior

that is a 4th century misrepresentation, Jesus in the 1st century said nothing about people being sinners or that they were born in sin, they died on the cross saying just the opposite.

I understand that love and sexual contact are different things. That is why I listed them separately. But my point was that both heterosexual and homosexual couples experience those things.

As someone who does not follow any religious belief (between agnostic & atheist), your accusations of sinning do not mean much.
Homosexuals cannot through their sexual appetite ever hope to beget children. Normal sexual activity is the only key to childbirth. Even women seemingly bent on homosexuality often elicit tools or toys that mimic male paraphernalia and dress masculinely. To suggest that an ahorence to male sexual contact is their lot is to ignore such ambiguities. No one needs sex to live and no one needs sexual activity to love. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being celibate.

Forum List

Back