Stay Classy, Rick: Santorum Compares Gay Marriage To Polygamy

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
r-RICK-SANTORUM-NEW-HAMPSHIRE-GAY-MARRIAGE-POLYGAMY-huge.jpg

By Sam Stein and Amanda Terkle

CONCORD, N.H. -- The cozy conservative confines of the Iowa caucuses have given way to an unpredictable and often unruly New Hampshire primary, where the questioners are a bit more salty and the political terrain a lot more difficult to traverse. On Thursday afternoon, Rick Santorum became the latest in the GOP field to encounter the type of hostile crowd that never really presented itself as he became the latest candidate-de-jour in Iowa.

Appearing at the College Convention in Concord, N.H., the former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania faced boos and hisses as he launched familiar defenses of his positions on same-sex marriage, federal drug laws and Judeo-Christian values. When his answers failed to persuade the crowd, he was forced to resort to Socratic method -- a tactic that frustrated some in the audience and led to shouts that he was avoiding the questions.

"If it makes three people happy to get married, based on what you just said, what makes that wrong and what you said right?" Santorum asked a young woman grilling him on marriage equality, comparing same-sex marriage to polygamy.

When she responded that his question was "irrelevant," Santorum replied, "You know, it's important, if we're going to have a discussion based on rational, reasoned thought, that we employ reason." There were audible groans from the audience.

"I always try to give kids the opportunity," Santorum explained to several reporters as he walked away from the event. "I'm trying to. I sort of always look, when you're with kids, to try to engage them and try to get them thinking about why they're thinking the way they're thinking."

Santorum tried his best to control his environment, asking at his town hall meetings that state residents get priority in asking questions.

Video & More: New Hampshire Primary: GOP Candidates Enter Political Disneyland

"You know, it's important, if we're going to have a discussion based on rational, reasoned thought, that we employ reason."

So true. Now just convincing so much of society of that simple truth.

Rick Santorum is so fucking right! I believe gay marriage is far worst then Polygamy. He is also right about it needing to be outlawed like Beastity!

It is no better then a man and a dog! It is a dishonorable act.

beastity?

:rofl:

you're well and truly fucked in the head, short round.

beastity

Why do you care? Are you going to vote for him? It's up to R's to pick the nominee. You know I'm trying to figure out why liberals care so much about a Republican candidate.

Apart from a smear campaign and getting jollies from it, what's your point? You will vote for Obama no matter who is chosen to rep the R's.

why do you care about american politics when you live in Canada?

Of course you know the reason why, but i'll explain it for you. See when one is interested in politics like myself i dont just pay attention to people who think like me. I like to spread myself around ( hehe ) and see whats going on.

This is also a messageboard on politics so people of all types are going to have comments regardless because they enjoy the process, Its a hobby.

Now go do some paint by numbers or something.
No, you like to interject your wrong and stupid opinions where they don't belong.
Like here.

Rick Santorum is so fucking right! I believe gay marriage is far worst then Polygamy. He is also right about it needing to be outlawed like Beastity!

beastity?

beastity

Your the one that's fucked in the head. Haha:badgrin: I need to put you on Ignore.

Last edited:

Why do you care? Are you going to vote for him? It's up to R's to pick the nominee. You know I'm trying to figure out why liberals care so much about a Republican candidate.

Apart from a smear campaign and getting jollies from it, what's your point? You will vote for Obama no matter who is chosen to rep the R's.

Don't you think Liberals have a "dog" in this hunt?

why do you care about american politics when you live in Canada?

Of course you know the reason why, but i'll explain it for you. See when one is interested in politics like myself i dont just pay attention to people who think like me. I like to spread myself around ( hehe ) and see whats going on.

This is also a messageboard on politics so people of all types are going to have comments regardless because they enjoy the process, Its a hobby.

Now go do some paint by numbers or something.
No, you like to interject your wrong and stupid opinions where they don't belong.
Like here.

hey look everyone Stupid is here, we can all relax now!

Anyways i find it amusing you would defend Captain Anal Leakage.

I've never defended either you or Obama.

To qualify. I have no problem with Gay marriage, as long as it is enacted by either state legislatures or by a popular vote of people of that state. I have a huge problem with it when it is imposed by unelected judges AFTER the people have said no.

Why should just the straights have to suffer?

Now that said, some thoughts.

If you are going to argue that marriage is a civil right that any two consenting adults can agree to, then there is really nothing keeping the polygamy and incest laws on the books. It really isn't the government's business, if you have established its a right and not a privilage.

More specious are the argument that it allows necrophilia, pedophilia and bestiality. In those relationships, one of the parties has no right to consent.

beastity?

beastity

Your the one that's fucked in the head. Haha:badgrin: I need to put you on Ignore.

good luck with that, short round :thup:

beastity :rofl:

what a dope

the only dog you have in this hunt is spreading the dog shit for your masters.
but you must do your dooty

hey look everyone Stupid is here, we can all relax now!

Anyways i find it amusing you would defend Captain Anal Leakage.

I've never defended either you or Obama.

i didnt know either of our last names were Santorum.
You should get on that, i am sure the fake name birther angle hasn't been done yet..

Nice to see you spreading yourself around and finding out what's going on.

Geez what a 'tard.

I just assume you want to insure the weakest candidate possible enters the ring with Obama.

So in the true style of Axelrod, it's a smear campaign against all GOP candidates. I just didn't realize there would be so very many message board minions this time around.

I thought progressives would be so proud of all of Obama's accomplishments that liberals could come onto message boards and rave about how well he's done.

:D

I guess that tactic won't work, lol.

good luck with that, short round :thup:

beastity :rofl:

what a dope

I get it your pro gay marriage. Understandable that you'll attack someone that is opposite of your views.

if you were elton fucking john, i'd still mock you for beastity. :lol:

do you need written instructions to open a coke bottle?

dope

I just assume you want to insure the weakest candidate possible enters the ring with Obama.

So in the true style of Axelrod, it's a smear campaign against all GOP candidates. I just didn't realize there would be so very many message board minions this time around.

I thought progressives would be so proud of all of Obama's accomplishments that liberals could come onto message boards and rave about how well he's done.

:D

I guess that tactic won't work, lol.

I think you're finally getting the hang of it...

Forum List

Back