States Have Every Right to Withdraw From the Union

These states are experiencing secession movements
The Constitution is predicated upon the ratification and support of the individual states. The state legislatures have the right to declare it not applicable. They ratified it...they can also nullify it!
Apparently that depends on who is potus. If you get one like Dishonest Abe, prepare to die.

I can't remember any President who was okay with states walking away from the Union.

Lincoln- the first great Republican President.
We are a nation of 50 states with each state having the freedom to decide whatever they want to do within their borders. Gun control, abortion, sanctuary cities.

Name a single state where its citizens want to secede. Then go look at the Constitution and post where it says secession is a thing. For a bunch of asshats who think any law not directly referenced in the Constitution is illegal I'm sure you'll some how find justification for taking your proverbial ball and going home. Fucking quitters.

It is illegal to deprive Americans of the protection of the US constitution therefore secession is illegal. Can't just decide to steal a state in order to set back the clock to Jim Crow.

The Union no matter how bad, is perpetual. All who try to leave are traitors and should be executed.

So thinks the foolish murderous statist.

Nobody said this.

These states are experiencing secession movements
The Constitution is predicated upon the ratification and support of the individual states. The state legislatures have the right to declare it not applicable. They ratified it...they can also nullify it!
I agree. They entered in voluntarily. And as such, should be able to exit the same
They did not enter with out an agreement from all the rest as such they can not leave with out an agreement of all the rest.

Having the right doesn't mean anything if you don't have the force to back it up.
Since when do rights require force?

On the topic that states have the right to secede, the South wasn't powerful enough to make it stick.
Sorry to burst any bubbles but the reason things like anarchy don't work is because basically a "right" only exists if some one some group or something can enforce the right.

There could be a silver lining should Don get re-elected. Maybe California secedes. Maybe other blue states follow. Thus putting an end to the Empire. That would be so great.
Not much economy left if blue states leave. Can't build a military from Alabama.

You grasp that the majority of the military is in Texas and North Carolina, right?

Pacific deep water ports would be the real issue.

There could be a silver lining should Don get re-elected. Maybe California secedes. Maybe other blue states follow. Thus putting an end to the Empire. That would be so great.
Not much economy left if blue states leave. Can't build a military from Alabama.

What a dumbfuck statement.
Think hard and apologize and I wont make you look like a retard.

Forum List

Back