Starbucks Hurt by Refugee Pledge

I notice a growing trend by these megacorps to be outspoken about their globalist agendas. We should make them pay for their brash unforgiving ways.
Do you want to abolish capitalism or simply put it under strict government control such as fascist nations have done?

I notice a growing trend by these megacorps to be outspoken about their globalist agendas. We should make them pay for their brash unforgiving ways.
Do you want to abolish capitalism or simply put it under strict government control such as fascist nations have done?

We being the consumer. I said nothing against capitalism. In fact, my solution was based upon how capitalism works.

I don't see what is wrong with Starbucks pledging to hire refugees. Just like I don't see what is wrong with Starbucks pledging to hire veterans.

Why be so hateful? :dunno:

I don't see what is wrong with Starbucks pledging to hire refugees. Just like I don't see what is wrong with Starbucks pledging to hire veterans.

They're essentially stating outright that they're going to give away jobs that would've been earmarked for Americans. That in itself could be a bad move. But given the fact that many of these "refugees" are ISIS and the like.....well, you don't see what you don't want to see I'm sure. But they are essentially facilitating something that the majority of Americans don't want. It used to be that companies were not so audacious. Now, they take it upon themselves to give use the finger.

They're essentially stating outright that they're going to give away jobs that would've been earmarked for Americans. That in itself could be a bad move. But given the fact that many of these "refugees" are ISIS and the like.....well, you don't see what you don't want to see I'm sure. But they are essentially facilitating something that the majority of Americans don't want. It used to be that companies were not so audacious. Now, they take it upon themselves to give use the finger.

So what? They're doing the right thing. The decent thing. After all the refugees are here. They're a part of us. You're just going to refuse them jobs?

Unexpectedly.

Reuters reports Starbucks Corp.’s pledge to hire thousands of refugees has harmed its image among consumers, according to one measure. Amid a boycott campaign organized by immigration opponents, Starbucks’ consumer perception levels as measured by YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score fell by two-thirds between Jan. 29 and Feb. 13, and have not recovered.

Starbucks CEO's refugee comments sour customer views of chain: survey

Fucking moron snowflakes.

YOU SELL COFFEE.....LEAVE THE SOCILA JUSTICE WARRIOR BULLSHIT OUT OF COFFEE.
IT'S HIS COMPANY; HE CAN RUN IT LIKE HE WANTS TO. He's been outspoken about a lot of things the past few years.

No one is suggesting he can't run his company the way he wants to. The OP is just pointing out that pushing a SWJ issue in your business will backfire so it was a stupid business move.

So what? They're doing the right thing. The decent thing. After all the refugees are here. They're a part of us. You're just going to refuse them jobs?

Don't we have enough unemployed folks here? Why are we bringing in so many immigrants, legal, illegal, and refugees? What are we going to do with so many? Until we get our unemployment down to less than 3%, we shouldn't be bringing in any more people at all.

It's one thing to respect their individual rights to apply for and attain jobs; it's another thing to prop them up as a class in the face of great controversy by stating that they'll be giving them 1,000 jobs. Frankly, many of our American brethren have lost their lives due to many of these swarthy characters..

We being the consumer. I said nothing against capitalism. In fact, my solution was based upon how capitalism works.
Agreed on "We being the consumer". Your comment suggesting making megacorps "pay for their brash unforgiving ways" seemed anti-capitalistic at worst and strongly regulatory at best. While I support regulating capitalism, I disagree on limiting corporations to domestic areas only (as opposed to global areas).

Agreed on "We being the consumer". Your comment suggesting making megacorps "pay for their brash unforgiving ways" seemed anti-capitalistic at worst and strongly regulatory at best. While I support regulating capitalism, I disagree on limiting corporations to domestic areas only (as opposed to global areas).

I didn't say corporations shouldn't operate on an international level. What I alluded to was the idea that they shouldn't be subverting the people of the countries of where they reside.

A well known liberal open border promoting local fish restaurant staged a big deal on the women's day and illegal alien day marches. Last week they had to close early on a Friday.....Good Friday!!!! because of a lack of customers. When will liberals learn, their day of unanswered protests are over. We hit back now.

Unexpectedly.

Reuters reports Starbucks Corp.’s pledge to hire thousands of refugees has harmed its image among consumers, according to one measure. Amid a boycott campaign organized by immigration opponents, Starbucks’ consumer perception levels as measured by YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score fell by two-thirds between Jan. 29 and Feb. 13, and have not recovered.

Silly girl

image.jpeg

I didn't say corporations shouldn't operate on an international level. What I alluded to was the idea that they shouldn't be subverting the people of the countries of where they reside.
Subverting such as pushing products? Seeking to increase demand? Catering to their clientele? The demographics of Starbucks' customers doesn't fit most USMB members. Wanna guess why?

Who Is Starbucks' Target Audience?
Adults
Starbucks’ primary target market is men and women aged 25 to 40. They account for almost half (49 percent) of its total business. Starbucks’ appeal to this consumer age group through hip, contemporary design that is consistent in its advertising and decor, and working to keep its products current as status symbols. Customers tend to be urbanites with relatively high income, professional careers and a focus on social welfare. This target audience grows at a rate of 3 percent annually.

Young Adults
Young adults, aged 18 to 24, total 40 percent of Starbucks’ sales. Starbucks positions itself as a place college students can hang out, study, write term papers and meet people. Starbucks appeals to this consumer directly through introducing technology as soon as it comes available, focusing on social networking and actively cultivating a “cool” image. The young adult audience grows 4.6 percent each year.

Unexpectedly.

Fucking moron snowflakes.

YOU SELL COFFEE.....LEAVE THE SOCILA JUSTICE WARRIOR BULLSHIT OUT OF COFFEE.
IT'S HIS COMPANY; HE CAN RUN IT LIKE HE WANTS TO. He's been outspoken about a lot of things the past few years.

No one is suggesting he can't run his company the way he wants to. The OP is just pointing out that pushing a SWJ issue in your business will backfire so it was a stupid business move.

Exactly. It's not a very difficult concept to grasp. If your want your business to be an active participant in the social justice war, you need to be prepared to alienate a HUGE number of potential customers and it WILL affect your bottom line.

A CEO does not own a publicly traded company.

Au contraire, these "refugees" the greatest number of which military aged men, have made it a point to declare themselves most certainly not "part of us". Hateful? You're asking the wrong people. Why not ask why these "refugees" hate us so much?

Au contraire, these "refugees" the greatest number of which military aged men, have made it a point to declare themselves most certainly not "part of us". Hateful? You're asking the wrong people. Why not ask why these "refugees" hate us so much?

Can you show me data indicating that the refugees that came to the US are overwelmingly "military aged men"? Can you show me data that indicates they hate us? Or...is it you that hate them?

It's one thing to respect their individual rights to apply for and attain jobs; it's another thing to prop them up as a class in the face of great controversy by stating that they'll be giving them 1,000 jobs. Frankly, many of our American brethren have lost their lives due to many of these swarthy characters..

And how many Iraqi civilians have lost their lives due to us?

Why so much hate? These are people just like us.

And how many Iraqi civilians have lost their lives due to us?

Why so much hate? These are people just like us.

That's a weak, vague comeback. We should look out for our interests. We shouldn't be giving our citizenry a backseat in our own country.

Can you show me data indicating that the refugees that came to the US are overwelmingly "military aged men"? Can you show me data that indicates they hate us? Or...is it you that hate them?

I can show you pictures that make this readily obvious. And I"m sure you've seen many of them as it is.

I can show you pictures that make this readily obvious. And I"m sure you've seen many of them as it is.

It’s now clear that most of the Syrian refugees coming to the United States are women and children

Of the more than 8,000 Syrian refugees admitted to the country so far, 78 percent are women or children, according figures released by the State Department this month. Some 58 percent are children, with a roughly even split between girls and boys.

Forum List

Back