Starbucks Hurt by Refugee Pledge

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Unexpectedly.

Reuters reports Starbucks Corp.’s pledge to hire thousands of refugees has harmed its image among consumers, according to one measure. Amid a boycott campaign organized by immigration opponents, Starbucks’ consumer perception levels as measured by YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score fell by two-thirds between Jan. 29 and Feb. 13, and have not recovered.

Starbucks CEO's refugee comments sour customer views of chain: survey

16472953_330688687331990_9214029376998230444_n.jpg

Walk in to Starbucks, order a coffee, and state your name as "I Hire Illegals" then, walk out and say, "That's Not What I Ordered." when they try to ring you out.

Immigration opponents? Well, duh.
Funny how leftist Starbucks has no issue with operating stores that ban women from even entering.

You gotta splain that one.
In some Muslim countries, women are not allowed in cafes where men are. Starbucks follows tradition in foreign countries, but they also opened some stores with separate rooms for women and men. Different entrances and everything. So everyone can have their overpriced coffee.

Funny how leftist Starbucks has no issue with operating stores that ban women from even entering.

In some Muslim countries, women are not allowed in cafes where men are. Starbucks follows tradition in foreign countries, but they also opened some stores with separate rooms for women and men. Different entrances and everything. So everyone can have their overpriced coffee.
Starbucks could have told those nations to F off with their treatment of women as animals, but they chose to make a buck.

Sounds dumb to me, but I heard an old lady complaining about women wearing pants the other day. Everybody has their own crazy religious beliefs. I guess that's theirs.

The hatred that exist among Trump supporters never ceases to amaze me. Starbucks said they would help refugees by finding them jobs. These are refugees who are here legally. This is unfortunately what Trump has created in this country. I see no reason for a boycott and I refuse to participate.

Forum List

Back