Squashing The Ignorance. Republican Health Care Plans Exposed

The informed, literate, and objective voter (such as myself) knows the GOP stuff is the same old rehash since 1994 running through 2006. It was not acceptable, is not acceptable now, will not be acceptable in the future. Let's move on.

There you go.. No real answers..

Still haven't addressed the 45 million uninsured.. Still haven't addressed pre-existing conditions.. Stil haven't addressed over all cost to consumers.. Still haven't addressed competition to drive cost down..

Public option takes care of all of the above.. Slicker than snot!!

So what is you answer??

Another tax cut??

Message to the "uninsured" - Buy your own insurance. It is not the govt's job to take care of your every need. The uninsured need to take responsibility for their own lives.

Get your own insurance. That is the Republican plan. Gotta problem with that? Too bad! It is not the governments job to take care of your every need. Want free health care? Go on welfare, get a government job, or move to another country. Take personal responsibility for your own lives.

So.. Die quickly is the answer..

And as a tax payer.. The governments job is whatever I tell it to do..

But hey.. By your position, we don't need a military eithe.. No police, no fire department, no highway system..

Your answer is DIE QUICKLY!

Nobody as asking for free healthcare.. But thanks for the ignorance on your part..

The Federal government needs to stick to the constitution. If you get sick and die because you didn't have insurance, too fucking bad.

Pilgrim? Do you know how to type??

Write it your freaken self!! Asnwer the damn questions!! Support your position with your own words!! Don't give someone some obscure link to a bunch of gargbage..

Answer the damn questions!!

If you can't then just admit it!!

What ideas do republicans have that will ACTUALLY cut costs and make healthcare more affordable for everyone??

I don't want to see tax breaks and deductables.. And if that is your answer then you have none!!

From your previous response I thought you had trouble understanding what I was saying to you. Here let me try another way

H.R. 2607: Small Business Healthcare Fairness Act would expand access to health coverage by creating Small Business Health Plans. These would allow small businesses to band together through associations to pool their risk.

Does nothing to provide healthcare to those that don't have it, or make it more affordable to those that don't have healthcare..

H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act would provide tax equity to individuals buying health insurance. It would also create expanded options for the purchase of low-cost health care from new pooling mechanisms.

Again, does nothing except provide a tax cut..

H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act would prohibit states from enacting laws which keep employers from ‘auto-enrolling’ employees in currently offered health benefit plans, provided the employee has the option to opt out with no penalty. Research suggests that auto-enrollment mechanisms, by overcoming inertia and complexity, could increase coverage levels dramatically. In contrast to a federal mandate that all Americans must purchase insurance or face fines, the approach taken in this bill would protect individuals’ ability to make their own health care decisions.

Does nothing to prevent health insurance from denying coverage or canceling a policy..

H.R. 3822: Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act would allow employers who do not offer insurance to provide tax-free defined contributions to workers’ individually purchased insurance policies. Further, it would reform existing rules governing insurance markets that make it difficult for employers to help their workers buy health insurance on the individual market.

Oh look!! Another tax cut..

H.R. 3823: Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act would provide all Americans on Medicaid and SCHIP the ability to use premium assistance to purchase private insurance instead of participating in the government-run option.

So here is a program to help buy private insurance?? Wow!! Can anyone say die quickly??

H.R. 3824: Expanded Health Insurance Options Act would authorize states to form regional compacts that will govern the sale of health insurance, which will increase the size of insurance pool and reduce premiums by spreading risk among a larger number of participants.

This possibly has potential.. Question is does it have any teeth and how will it work??

H.R. 3887: Health Insurance Access for Young Workers and College Students Act would require that insurance companies continue to cover dependents up to age 25. In the age group 19-24, 30 percent are uninsured (about 7.3 million) and this bill will target that key population.

Here is the conservative buzz word?? Who pays for it?? Parents??

H.R. 1086: HEALTH Act – this medical liability reform bill utilizes caps to help bring down costs. This bill will prevent double recoveries and limits the number of years plaintiffs can file suit.

How much is your dead mother worth?? How bout we charge doctors with a crime when they screw up and kill someone and we can simply get rid of law suits all together.. I would be nice to see a doc in prison for killing someone instead of paying a family millions..

H.R. 3002: Patients Act would protect patients by prohibiting the use of data obtained from comparative effectiveness research to deny coverage of items or services under Federal Health Care programs. This basically prevents the rationing of care.

This is meaningless.. Who is on federal health care?? Just seniors on medicare.. Which don't get denied anyways.. Only in the private sector is there rationing of care..

So a whole lot of nothing if you ask me..

Again still no answer on how to cover the 45 million uninsured..

None of the bills in Congress insure 45 million uninsured. At least get your facts straight!

There you go.. No real answers..

Still haven't addressed the 45 million uninsured.. Still haven't addressed pre-existing conditions.. Stil haven't addressed over all cost to consumers.. Still haven't addressed competition to drive cost down..

Public option takes care of all of the above.. Slicker than snot!!

So what is you answer??

Another tax cut??

Message to the "uninsured" - Buy your own insurance. It is not the govt's job to take care of your every need. The uninsured need to take responsibility for their own lives.

And that's what it boils down to ... "fuck em" and nevermind the fact that these people will show up in our ERs anyway, can't be turned away, and end up costing the taxpayer even MORE money.

Sheesh

Perhaps you were looking for an intelligent answer?? Not from a rebuttlican..

A public option would cover the 45 million uninsured.. But I guess you are to stupid to know that as well..

Perhaps you were looking for an intelligent answer?? Not from a rebuttlican..

A public option would cover the 45 million uninsured.. But I guess you are to stupid to know that as well..

Actually the current health care bill still leaves 30 million without insurance, and its the DEMOCRAT plan. The Republican plan is just as bad but dont believe the lie that the public option plan is going to cover everyone because as hr 3962 is currently written it wont.

Those only get posted when people try and pass on the lie that the public option is not intended to lead to single payer universal health care ;).

Oh my! That would be soooooooooooooooo terrible compared to what we currently have. :lol:

:cuckoo:

Yeah your right, i guess it would be better to deny coverage and care to everyone instead of just some people :cuckoo:

What an alarmist twit you are. Deny coverage for what? Have you even been paying attention to the health care shit worl wide reality bites... documentary on 5 capitalist democracies ? or are you just stuck on stupid?

YouTube - A health care plan for America

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Republican Health Care Plans shot down by the Democrat congress

H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
H.R. 1891 Sunset of Life Protection Act
H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3822 Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3823 Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act
H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Rooting Out Waste, Fraud, Abuse and Enhancing Transparency

H.R. 27 Medicare Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Act
R. 203 Medicare Fraud Prevention Act
H.R. 2249 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act
H.R. 2785 Health Care Paperwork Reduction and Fraud Prevention Act

Medical Liability Reform

H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
H.R. 1468 Medical Justice Act
H.R. 2787 Medical Liability Procedural Reform Act
H.R. 2975 Medical Practice Protection Act
H.R. 3372 Health Care Over Use Reform Today Act

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

Preserving Doctor/Patient Relationship

H.R. 2516 Medical Rights Act
H.R. 3002 Patients Act

2001 to 2007, the Republicans could have put into effect any health care plan that they wished to. They did nothing. They are for dothing nothing right now. All the lies in the world will not make up for that fact.

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Medical Liability Reform

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

H.R. 3002 Patients Act

2001 to 2007, the Republicans could have put into effect any health care plan that they wished to. They did nothing. They are for dothing nothing right now. All the lies in the world will not make up for that fact.

You are right that the reps did squat when they had the presidency and the congress. During that time, as the republicans are now, the democrats could have proposed some health care bills but they didn't either. It seems neither side even cared to try after 1994 till this year.

Those only get posted when people try and pass on the lie that the public option is not intended to lead to single payer universal health care ;).

Oh my! That would be soooooooooooooooo terrible compared to what we currently have. :lol:

:cuckoo:

Yeah your right, i guess it would be better to deny coverage and care to everyone instead of just some people :cuckoo:

Plymco, now you are not only indulging in hyperbole, but also deciet.

Even little Costa Rica, which is most definately not an industrial nation, has a better heatlh care record than we do, third in longevity behind Japan and France. And they have had universal health care for 60 years. With an average income 1/10 that of the United States.

ahh, not another youtube post. never mind.

sigh

That is exactly what we are working for.

I know it is and I understand thats what YOU want. I dont want the government to be in charge of my coverage and care. I like my $40/week health insurance premium and the coverage levels it gives me for my pre-existing heart condition.

I think we talked about this before where you see it as the only solution and I see it as the worst thing we could do to our care.

Whats wrong with a small bill guaranteeing people dont get denied for coverage once it is extended to them or if it is found out they have a condition that was present before coverage was extended?

Then another small bill helping poor people either pay for or receive coverage?

Why not go one aspect at a time, debate each aspect on its merits, and do it right? A ~2000 page bill instills no confidence in me that the government will be able to manage it. I mean hell they cant even agree on the meaning a simple 27 word sentance "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Here's a new idea, lets get congress to pass a bill that would regulate the health insurance companies where they could not turn down anyone for a preexisting condition. We can add in some tarp reform, and some grouping of small businesses, maybe even some additional competition by allowing the sale of insurance across state lines.

Then Congress can get to work on the real problem facing America, Unemployment!

If people went back to work they would mostly have health insurance.

Or am I being too real or simplistic here?

Medical Liability Reform

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3002 Patients Act

You are right that the reps did squat when they had the presidency and the congress. During that time, as the republicans are now, the democrats could have proposed some health care bills but they didn't either. It seems neither side even cared to try after 1994 till this year.

You know full well that anything that the Dems would have proposed concerning health care from 2001 untill 2007 would have been DOA.

The truth is, the Republicans simply do not want to change the system. They prefer that the Rick Scotts get very rich and fund their campaigns out of the money they make on health care fraud.

Here's a new idea, lets get congress to pass a bill that would regulate the health insurance companies where they could not turn down anyone for a preexisting condition. We can add in some tarp reform, and some grouping of small businesses, maybe even some additional competition by allowing the sale of insurance across state lines.

Then Congress can get to work on the real problem facing America, Unemployment!

If people went back to work they would mostly have health insurance.

Or am I being too real or simplistic here?

yes

Forum List

Back