Spoiling Grandkids Question..........?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by archangel, Jul 17, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Last month I told my grandaughter Jolene that if she could maintain her grade point avg above avg...compete in sports..pass her Drivers license test on the first try...get a job and buy a new battery for my Ford Mustang convertible and pay the insurance to add her to my policy...well I would give her the car...well she did all of the requirements...so with a tear in my eye I gave her the keys...My daughter... her mother... said I was spoiling her...what do you all think...was I wrong? :cof:

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Wow, she did all that? You must be proud, that's some girl you have there. :thewave:

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

and she either wants to fly jets(military) or be a forensic scientist when she completes college...gotta love the kid..and she wants to stay a virgin until she marry's the right guy...even though she is a knock out and the guys do drool over her! :cof:

4. USViking

USViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have my doubts about ever giving anyone a gift worth several hundred dollars, wives excepted, and them rarely.

Also, I would have held out for no grade less than a B on the GPA.

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

her gpa was 3.89 and the mustang conv is a 1993...about $5500.00 blue book.. :eek:

6. USViking

USViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Well above average then- congratulations to her!

I still maintain that a gift that expensive is extravagant.

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I rarely drove it...like my Jeep cherokee...and she deserved it...met the requirements as posted!

8. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Archangel, you have done a wonderful thing, and I salute you for it. Kids should be able to know that, if they live up to certain standards, they will be rewarded.
    My family was never much for gift-giving. Birthdays were never honored with presents. Christmas was limited. The only dates that were really important were your 18th birthday and high school and college graduation.

Archangel, if that is the further you have spoiled any of your grandkids, you are in the ultimate lower tier of the spoiling curve. Do you realize how anxious my really strict mom is to spoil her grandkids? :asshole:

9. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

did not get the asshole part though!

10. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    um....what asshole part? Did I miss something?