Spend More, Tax the Rich Americans Say

You're the one deflecting. You wrote that you wanted to pay the same as the wealthy, equating wealthy with high income earners. Thereby demonstrating you don't understand the difference.

No I didn't. I said I wanted to keep the same percentage of my income as they get to keep. Pay attention.

You're the one deflecting. You wrote that you wanted to pay the same as the wealthy, equating wealthy with high income earners. Thereby demonstrating you don't understand the difference.

No I didn't. I said I wanted to keep the same percentage of my income as they get to keep. Pay attention.

so if you make 50k and they make 500k each of you should keep 90% of that amount and you would be cool.....

No, I am not confusing anything. Income is the money coming in. I am taxed more on money coming in than the uber wealthy are. You know this is true. Why do you keep deflecting?

DOnt take offense to this...

But you are 100% ABSOLUTELY wrong with this.

You are either regurgitating what the left bloggers want you to spread around, or outright lying.

I do not see you as a liar.

You are 100% wrong with this ludicrous statement. I suggest readinbg the tax codes. It may make you a lot less bitter about the rich.

If THAT is what you are saying follow my lead...

Buy, dont rent. Interest is tax deductable.
Open a 401K or an IRA. Tax deferred retirement plans are not just retirement plans...they allow you to save money on taxes today.

You need to understand something...the laws are the same for all of us...you can do what anyoine else does. Buy a small home....better than rent...even a small studio condo...for 100K...it will cost you 800 a month and you will wirte off thousands a year in interest.

Before 4/15 of each year, put as much as you can up to 2000 in an IRA....that will decrease your taxable income by 2000.

Freedom would be to keep as much of my income as a really wealthy person does.

Paying the same percentage of your income and keeping the same percentage of your income as the wealthy is the same thing.
But you continue to confuse "the wealthy" with "high income earners." You do understand the difference, right?

Show this in the tax code.. or shut the fuck up

How much in taxes does one pay on invesment income?

How much in taxes does one pay on income from a paycheck?

What is the taxable cap on SS? What percentage of people have 100% of their income taxed for SS? Which people only have a smidgen of their income taxed under SS? Why is that?

So...

Who pays more in taxes?

Show this in the tax code.. or shut the fuck up

How much in taxes does one pay on invesment income?

How much in taxes does one pay on income from a paycheck?

What is the taxable cap on SS? What percentage of people have 100% of their income taxed for SS? Which people only have a smidgen of their income taxed under SS? Why is that?

So...

Who pays more in taxes?

the rich contribute more money too all those "programs" than the poor....

Oh OK> That proves it. Your taxes didnt go down, so the tax cuts didn't do anything.
Do you realize how absolutely stupid that sounds?

But you said EVERYONE got a tax cut... I didn't. So no, the tax cuts DIDN'T do anything. They certainly didn't stimulate the economy or create jobs, as Shrub promised they would, did they?

Oh OK> That proves it. Your taxes didnt go down, so the tax cuts didn't do anything.

But you said EVERYONE got a tax cut... I didn't. So no, the tax cuts DIDN'T do anything. They certainly didn't stimulate the economy or create jobs, as Shrub promised they would, did they?

between 2000 and 2007 jobs were created and the economy expanded.....whether it was a direct result of tax cuts is debateable....

but i will say this....if i take more of your money will you spend more or less....if i let you keep more of your money will you spend more or less.....

i know you hate the rich ....but they are the ones that take risk and create jobs and provide helathcare and sign the front of checks....

if you make doing that put too much of their wealth at risk they will simply stop doing it and live off their investment.....and everyone can go find another job.....

and as we all know since you didn't get a tax cut no one else should because it is all about you isn't it.....

How did you not get a federal tax cut? Every single income bracket went down. Me thinks you are trying to blame Bush simply because you're a Bush basher.

What "programs"? Why don't you answer my question?

i did....you asked who contibutes more dollars to all the "programs" you listed ....i said the rich do....they pay more into ss....medicade...federal taxes...state taxes.....capital gains taxes...sales taxes...property taxes...gas taxes.....

there is no way a 50k a year "poor" person can match a 250k a year "rich" person....

sit down and do the math.....

...taxing the rich directly effects businesses! Small and medium businesses are the back bone of America, hitting them harder than we do now is detrimental and highly unproductive! :(

Every business structure, except the C-Corp, has a follow-through taxation system, where the business owners are taxed personally on earnings. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the S-Corps, LLC, LLPs etc small to mid sized businesses, that employee high paid and large amount of Americans, have owners that make above the $250K mark. You tax these guys more, their businesses are directly effected and the people under $250K mark are detrimentally effected.

Bottom line is over taxation HURTS everyone!

Lord in heaven. How do morons like you survive? Slowly now. Everyone pays taxes. Those taxes go to pay for things. Because the rich, by definition have a lot of money and they pay a higher percentage in taxes fedearlly they give the government a larger dollar figure than you do, thus they are paying more than you are for said programs.

Lord in heaven. How do morons like you survive? Slowly now. Everyone pays taxes. Those taxes go to pay for things. Because the rich, by definition have a lot of money and they pay a higher percentage in taxes fedearlly they give the government a larger dollar figure than you do, thus they are paying more than you are for said programs.

It goes against their preconceived agenda talking points to vilify "the rich" or even those that just make more than them...

They cannot conceive that the rich do pay a higher % of their income in taxation and pay a MUCH greater total than the rest...

A rightist will refer to capital flight and the Laffer Curve as justifications against more steeply progressive taxation; a leftist will refer to diminishing marginal utility, as $10 is effectively worth more to a man with $100 than to a man with $1,000, to put it in simpler terms. I'd agree that the latter justification is more persuasive for various reasons.

The problem with the Laffer Curve is that it's correct, but also almost completely irrelevant. Yes, cutting taxes can increase revenue by spurring growth... if your top tax rate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 85 percent. To put it another way, you could double today's top tax rate and still not hit the point of diminishing returns in revenue. I'm not arguing that we should do that, but it's pretty stupid to use this as an argument against any increase in taxation.

It seems fair to me as the rich receive more tax cuts than the rest of us. For example, they've enjoyed lower rates on investment income that most receive on actual employment income.

They've had a nice ride for years maybe it is time for them to put some money into the country that enabled them to thrive.

Yet their rates are still higher, Ravi

Let's see you call for and support true equality with an equal % tax system on every dollar earned by every citizen

Their rates aren't higher. Since most of their income comes from investments, they end up paying a lower percentage of their income in taxes.

And yeah, I'll call for a system that taxes everyone at the same percentage if it's levied on all income.

Forum List

Back