Spend More, Tax the Rich Americans Say

We call those payroll taxes. Income tax is taxed on all income, payroll tax is only taxed on employment income...and in the case of SS only a portion of the income.

And for over 90% of Americans, FICA is on ALL of their income...the cap is 104K

We are apart with semantics...and I call us even when semantics come into play.

but the crux of what we are debating was your stetemnt that I am a liar or an idiot when I say I pay more than 35% in income taxes...I pay well into the 40's....and I do it without complaining.....but now I am an evil greedy non patriotic jerk if I complain that my taxes are increasing so I can supoport the victims of evil greedy rich people like myself....you know...the victims that lost all kinds of money becuase they tried to have their money make money for them and they lost the gamble.....

There. That was MY rant for the day.
:lol: If you pay well into 40% in federal taxes you ARE an idiot and need to restructure your business.

Federal taxes?

Now you are changing the criteria of the debate......why must you do that....and throw in ridicule as if I KNEW you were referring to just federal?

Yo....Ravi.....got news for you.....I am pretty good at what I do...and something tells me I am doing better than you financially...and something tells me that more people are working THANKS to me than thanks to you......so any ridicule of my success is ridiculing yours.

But I may be wrong. Maybe you are also in the top 5%....but I bet you arent.

Where do you suppose "rich people" go and "hide" all their money? Do you think they stuff it in mattresses?

Offshore accounts, various sundry tax shelters, shell companies etc. There are lots of loopholes and hiding places for the wealthy. Heck, they've so far disclosed 100 billion dollars being hidden in Swiss bank accounts by wealthy Americans. That's BILLIONS. There is much more than that out there too.

So now you are talking about law breakers....

Got news for you....most DONT break the law.

And of course they did nothing while you did everything.. their decisions and actions had no impact on business.. the investments they made were not at risk...

So, I did nothing of importance. Got it. Only their decisions and actions had an impact on the company. I see. And they made no investments other than their time and talents... just like me. Okay... Let me put it this way. If they were out for a month, no problem. If I were out for a month, however, the business would grind to a screeching halt.

Hey, give the rich a break. Remember in the 50's and 60's when the tax rate on the richest Americans was 75 to 90%. Yea, yea, so the economy was booming. Back then, a CEO made only 20 to 30 times the average worker. Now, they get 200 to 300 times the average worker and they deserve it to. It's really hard to move a company to China or India. Think of the risk.
And where does Warren Buffit, a man who makes a couple a hundred million a year get off complaining that his secretary pays a higher percentage on her 50 grand a year than he does.
Doesn't he know that since he is a billionaire, he is way more "productive" and so should get more? Besides, all Republicans know that only rich people know the proper way to spend money. Only rich people make jobs, so obviously, they need more.

Republicans are like children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

Fair is the freedom to derive your own income from your own choices

Freedom would be to keep as much of my income as a really wealthy person does.

You already get to do that. Unless you mean they should be left with the same amount of money you have left. I would guess your only source of income is your job, so you pay a percentage of income tax on that. Under the Bush tax cuts, a wealthy person pays an even higher percentage. The middle class got the biggest percentage cut of all of the groups. Things like social security have a limit as to how much people have to pay which change the percentage of how much a wealthy person keeps, but you can't blame that on the rich. Blame it on the tax code.

As to my miss-quote, apparently i did. Fortunately or unfortunately it doesn't change my point. Your boss' boss is someone you are obviously annoyed with. Maybe he is a lazy oag who doesnt deserve what he's getting. But to assume he is typical is wrong. Ultiamtely everyone is paid by the owner and no owner is going to pay an employee for nothing. Again I ask, if you spend so little time dealing with this guy how is it you monitor what he does or doesn't do?

Last edited:
Hey, give the rich a break. Remember in the 50's and 60's when the tax rate on the richest Americans was 75 to 90%. Yea, yea, so the economy was booming. Back then, a CEO made only 20 to 30 times the average worker. Now, they get 200 to 300 times the average worker and they deserve it to. It's really hard to move a company to China or India. Think of the risk.
And where does Warren Buffit, a man who makes a couple a hundred million a year get off complaining that his secretary pays a higher percentage on her 50 grand a year than he does.
Doesn't he know that since he is a billionaire, he is way more "productive" and so should get more? Besides, all Republicans know that only rich people know the proper way to spend money. Only rich people make jobs, so obviously, they need more.

can you name three us companies that were closed and moved to either inda or china and why they moved.....

And of course they did nothing while you did everything.. their decisions and actions had no impact on business.. the investments they made were not at risk...

So, I did nothing of importance. Got it. Only their decisions and actions had an impact on the company. I see. And they made no investments other than their time and talents... just like me. Okay... Let me put it this way. If they were out for a month, no problem. If I were out for a month, however, the business would grind to a screeching halt.

Nice attempt at a twist.. not going to work

You were the one stating or asking what they risked?? They risk as well.. it is not just Joe Assembly Line or Gina Burger Flipper

And of course.. YOU are valuable while every boss or director or executive is not

A little Napoleonic complex going on?

Wow...I suggest you spend more time understaning the tax codes than you do reading blogs.
It makes you look silly.

And that is why Pres Kennedy cut the top tax rate from 90% in 1961?
You are neither cute, nor colorful but definite sharp as a bowling ball. Warren Buffet is a genius at investing and a noob when it comes to politics.

And for over 90% of Americans, FICA is on ALL of their income...the cap is 104K

We are apart with semantics...and I call us even when semantics come into play.

but the crux of what we are debating was your stetemnt that I am a liar or an idiot when I say I pay more than 35% in income taxes...I pay well into the 40's....and I do it without complaining.....but now I am an evil greedy non patriotic jerk if I complain that my taxes are increasing so I can supoport the victims of evil greedy rich people like myself....you know...the victims that lost all kinds of money becuase they tried to have their money make money for them and they lost the gamble.....

There. That was MY rant for the day.
:lol: If you pay well into 40% in federal taxes you ARE an idiot and need to restructure your business.

Federal taxes?

Now you are changing the criteria of the debate......why must you do that....and throw in ridicule as if I KNEW you were referring to just federal?

Yo....Ravi.....got news for you.....I am pretty good at what I do...and something tells me I am doing better than you financially...and something tells me that more people are working THANKS to me than thanks to you......so any ridicule of my success is ridiculing yours.

But I may be wrong. Maybe you are also in the top 5%....but I bet you arent.
I'm not one to brag so you'll never know.

The topic of this thread is federal income tax. Perhaps you want to reread the op.

And that is why Pres Kennedy cut the top tax rate from 90% in 1961?
You are neither cute, nor colorful but definite sharp as a bowling ball. Warren Buffet is a genius at investing and a noob when it comes to politics.

Not to mention the differences in what was income and the things that could be deducted back then... which the libs love to leave out when they mention 90% taxation

Hell, you should be paying THEM. :lol:

Under the Bush tax cuts, a wealthy person pays an even higher percentage. The middle class got the biggest percentage cut of all of the groups.

WRONG. With state and federal, I pay about 40% of my income.

No, You're wrong. I pay 9.25% sales tax on everything I buy.

Thanks for the non-sequitur of the week. I couldn't make this shit up.

A little Napoleonic complex going on?

Not even a little bit. They don't know how to place an order in the system, deliver or invoice. Andyou would think this would be important for them to know. Trust me. I made the mistake of being gone for two weeks in a row once. I'll never do that again.

No, I am not confusing anything. Income is the money coming in. I am taxed more on money coming in than the uber wealthy are. You know this is true. Why do you keep deflecting?

You're the one deflecting. You wrote that you wanted to pay the same as the wealthy, equating wealthy with high income earners. Thereby demonstrating you don't understand the difference.

Forum List

Back