Spell check

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Am I the only one that has a retarded spell checker? Most all of my spelling errors are typos due my hand being messed up with arthritis, but dang! It seems the spell checker cannot figure out the simplest errors! I don't know how to fix it or if it can be fixed. maybe it knows it's me and does it on purpose? LOL!

• Banned
See, it can't figure out that this word "corne" should be "corner". It comes up with a list of possible words but does not include "corner". This is the list:
crone
corn
core
but no corner. I think it should be able to do this. I don't really know why it cannot figure these words out, but I suspect that my windows ten is helping it be stupid. It is, IMO, the worst OS yet.

Yet, my spell check in Microsoft Word figures it out as "corner" is in the list.

Am I the only one that has a retarded spell checker? Most all of my spelling errors are typos due my hand being messed up with arthritis, but dang! It seems the spell checker cannot figure out the simplest errors! I don't know how to fix it or if it can be fixed. maybe it knows it's me and does it on purpose? LOL!
C-H-E-C-K?

Is that like Obama spelling RSPECT?

• Banned
C-H-E-C-K?

Is that like Obama spelling RSPECT?
I dnt knw.

I red that spell check does not catch every era
But I here if you reed your post carefully you can find them

As civilization declines so does our technology. Ever use GPS lately? Dumber than a senile 80 year old with a bag over her head giving you directions.

• Banned
As civilization declines so does our technology. Ever use GPS lately? Dumber than a senile 80 year old with a bag over her head giving you directions.
Seems like people are getting more stupid by the day.

Now consider this:

There are only 8 three letter words the begin with the the letters "R" and "I". So if I misspell "RID" by only typing "RI", the spell check only comes up with:
RI
ti
r.
This is seriously retarded. So as a side effect this is making me pay more attention to my typing. :)

You mean tu.
No, he means 2.

I, also, have no Spell Check. I notified Mods several weeks ago. Or, should that be, weaks ago? :eek:
I don't really think they can do anything about it. It's not just here but other places as well. I mean if we can't spell, can we sue the mods? ;)
I think if CK were here, something would be done about it. It happened once in the past and he corrected it.

You mean tu.
No, he means 2.

I, also, have no Spell Check. I notified Mods several weeks ago. Or, should that be, weaks ago? :eek:
I don't really think they can do anything about it. It's not just here but other places as well. I mean if we can't spell, can we sue the mods? ;)
I think if CK were here, something would be done about it. It happened once in the past and he corrected it.
But like I said, it's not just here, it's many other places.

You mean tu.
No, he means 2.

But like I said, it's not just here, it's many other places.
I haven't noticed it anywhere so far. I'll be on the lookout.

Forum List

Back