Specialty of the House

What is the best thing you can personally make - really from scratch - that gets consistently solid reviews?

I am admittedly a hack cook. The Mrs. is the real master, I just like to play with fire, but I make a damn good gyoza if I do say so myself.
I make the best biscuits, and, the best vanilla ice cream, among many other great things I can cook.

Cooking is a women's job unless it is a serious profession or grilling, then it becomes a man's job.

J/k

I make the best version of chicken adobo you will ever taste.
Bullshit.

No man should be dependent on a woman, in the kitchen or anywhere else.

And, vice versa.

Everyone should be competent in the kitchen.

Most people like my soup, though I never make it the same way twice. My latest oyster chowder recipe I am tweeking has probably gotten my best review so far. Have to admit, I have sort of impressed myself with that thing.
OOPS!!

Reminds me, I have sirloin strip noodle soup on the stove right now!!!

Wait...I got you all beat, how could I forget... I make beer.
Been a homebrewer for some time now.
Probably the best beer I make is either an Imperial Stout that is usually around 9% ABV, or the Vanilla Porter I make for the holidays. Course then there is the Honey Pale Ale...or maybe the Belgian Triple...hell their all good.

Cooking is a women's job unless it is a serious profession or grilling, then it becomes a man's job.

J/k

I make the best version of chicken adobo you will ever taste.
Bullshit.

No man should be dependent on a woman, in the kitchen or anywhere else.

And, vice versa.

Everyone should be competent in the kitchen.
Do you have a black eye?

Hey, would you mind posting recipes for some of the Asian dishes that you post about? I like trying new things.

Forum List

Back