Jamie Oliver's Thai green curry

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
THIS green curry recipe is one of the best I’ve ever made. It’s also good made with chicken instead of prawns – just swap in a skinless chicken breast (approximately 180g), slice into finger-sized strips and stir-fry it with the paste for around 8 minutes before adding the other ingredients.

Jamie Oliver s Thai green curry - The Journal

interesting. I used to love japanese green curry
lipsmakc.gif

What in the hell is a "handful of mange tout"??

"Mange tout" means "eat everything" :ack-1:

Seems Brits would prefer Indian curry to S.E. Asian curry.

Well, it's certainly true that most people in Britain like to order Indian food from a takeaway, like I occasionally do, but experience tells me that if you cook Indian curries at home, they tend to take a lot longer than curries from S. E. Asia. A run-of-the-mill beef curry usually takes two-and-a-half to three hours to cook because you have to brown the meat off first, then do the vegetables followed by simmering for two hours. Thai Green Curry takes about half the time of that.

Last edited:

Well, it's certainly true that most people in Britain like to Indian food from a takeaway, like I occasionally do, but experience tells me that if you cook Indian curries at home, they tend to take a lot longer than curries from S. E. Asia. A run-of-the-mill beef curry usually takes two-and-a-half to three hours to cook because you have to brown the meat off first, then do the vegetables followed by simmering for two hours. Thai Green Curry takes about half the time of that.
makes sense. Asian dishes, in my experience (aside from Peking Duck), take less time to prepare.

Well, it's certainly true that most people in Britain like to Indian food from a takeaway, like I occasionally do, but experience tells me that if you cook Indian curries at home, they tend to take a lot longer than curries from S. E. Asia. A run-of-the-mill beef curry usually takes two-and-a-half to three hours to cook because you have to brown the meat off first, then do the vegetables followed by simmering for two hours. Thai Green Curry takes about half the time of that.
makes sense. Asian dishes, in my experience (aside from Peking Duck), take less time to prepare.

I suspect Brits simply have a lot more exposure to it (Indian) from their colonial past.
First time I ever had curry was in England. Loved it ever since.

Forum List

Back