The versatile George Foreman Healthy Cooking Grill...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Aside from its draining most of the grease from meats cooked on it, the GF Grill can be used for many of my favorite kitchen tasks. Since it heats from top and bottom with non-stick surfaces, it's a great way to heat up things that have long been cooked or don't need to be cooked...just heated. I've used mine to make grilled cheese and Cuban sandwiches, rejuvenate cold donuts, toast bagels, heat slices of chilled apple pie, make corrugated 'waffles' (requires leveling the bottom surface) and numerous other 'non-intended' uses, including heating ball bearings for installation on a tight fitting shaft.

My latest addition to the list is the reheating of cold pizza slices. Put a couple on the grill, set it to minimum to avoid charring and heat for a few minutes (five is about right). Slide the pieces onto a plate and enjoy!

I've also used it to grill shrimp and frozen/breaded fish sticks!

Last edited:
You can even make a panini wienie!

panini.jpg

Good for cooking shrimp but not so good for steaks IMO. They come out grey in color and tougher than a regular grill. Plus they're a bitch to clean.

panini.jpg
That looks similar to my corrugated waffles!
Seriously though, I remember our GFG not getting near hot enough to perform the tasks at hand.
But that was about 20 years ago so maybe they've gotten better.
Yes. Mine will burn anything left on too long.

Good for cooking shrimp but not so good for steaks IMO. They come out grey in color and tougher than a regular grill. Plus they're a bitch to clean.
Steaks do seem to suffer. Ground beef works okay. Mine cleans in a jiffy with a paper towel...both surfaces are teflon coated.

Did you know that all 5 of George Foreman's sons were named George? The youngest is George VI. He also has a daughter named Georgetta.
All five of George Foreman s sons are named George Foreman - Omgfacts - The World s 1 Fact Source

Never tried the grill. But I did enjoy following his great boxing career.
George Foreman was among the best of the heavyweights...and he had the sense to quit and become a successful business man. After being dethroned by Muhammed Ali, he quit boxing, came back 20 years later, nearly 50 years of age and regained the title. He is my all time favorite boxer.

panini.jpg
That looks similar to my corrugated waffles!
Seriously though, I remember our GFG not getting near hot enough to perform the tasks at hand.
But that was about 20 years ago so maybe they've gotten better.
Yes. Mine will burn anything left on too long.

Steaks do seem to suffer. Ground beef works okay. Mine cleans in a jiffy with a paper towel...both surfaces are teflon coated.

Did you know that all 5 of George Foreman's sons were named George? The youngest is George VI. He also has a daughter named Georgetta.
All five of George Foreman s sons are named George Foreman - Omgfacts - The World s 1 Fact Source

Never tried the grill. But I did enjoy following his great boxing career.
George Foreman was among the best of the heavyweights...and he had the sense to quit and become a successful business man. After being dethroned by Muhammed Ali, he quit boxing, came back 20 years later, nearly 50 years of age and regained the title. He is my all time favorite boxer.
Yeah, I like old George too. He had personality (still does), AND he's funny.

....George Foreman was among the best of the heavyweights...and he had the sense to quit and become a successful business man. After being dethroned by Muhammed Ali, he quit boxing, came back 20 years later, nearly 50 years of age and regained the title. He is my all time favorite boxer.
Yeah, I like old George too. He had personality (still does), AND he's funny.
IIRC, when he went to the Olympics, he didn't trust the points system used in judging fights so he knocked his opponents out! No question about who won!

Forum List

Back