Special Ben Has to be The One of The Dumbest Smart Guys in America

Ben Carson has an interview yesterday and the lack of knowledge over something as basic as the debt limit is unsettling. His excerpted interview with Ken Ryssdal of American public Radio's "Marketplace" is below:

"Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Ryssdal: I'm gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always gonna ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of."

This is the #2 polling favorite in America and every day he shocks us with new dumbed down ideas about commonplace things in America. Just when does it become too much?
Ben Carson stumbles on debt limit question

I honestly believe that most of the posters on this message board, from both sides, have a better understanding of todays politics and the issues than Ben Carson does

Trevor-Noah-100715-410x220.jpg

President Obama called Bush Un-Patriotic for adding $4 trillion to the debt...during 9/11, the economic aftermath of 9/11, and 2 wars.

Let's break that down farther:
- Bush added only 1 1/2 Trillion in debt his 1st 2 years. After that time, Democrats took over a near-Super Majority Control of both the House and Senates (only being shy a few seats). In doing so, THEY controlled the budget and Purse Strings of the Federal Government. THAT means that the remaining 2 1/2 Trillion in 'Bush' debt was ACTUALLY added on by the LIBERALS who controlled Congress.
- Democrats claim that the economy began declining under Bush the last 2 years of his term in office and that Obama inherited the economy from Bush. The TRUTH is actually that the decline began under the DEMOCRATIC PARTY's CONTROL of Congress, and the economic mess Obama inherited was not BUSH's but his own Democratic Party's mess!

With the help of a near Liberal Super-Majority control of Congress for his 1st 2 years in office, Obama - who, again, called Bush 'Un-Patriotic' for adding $4 Trillion in 8 (EIGHT) years - went on to add OVER $6 TRILLION in ONLY 4 (FOUR) Years!
- Obama actually set 'monthly', 'annual', and 'total' DEFICIT-SPENDING RECORSS, often breaking his own records, those 4 years
- Obama added more debt than EVERY other US President COMBINED!
- If Bush was 'Un-Patriotic' for adding $4 Trillion (with DNC help) in 8 years, what does that make Obama, who added OVER $6 Trillion in only 4 years? A Traitor?

FINALLY, after he was told by the bank that if he did not accept more budget cuts as a show that he was taking the massively expanding debt seriously OR the National Credit Rating would be down-graded for the 1st time, Obama REJECTED the additional spending cuts. As warned, the US Credit Rating was then lowered as a result for the 1st time in US history. Obama reacted by trying to blame Bush again while sending a host of federal agencies to the bank that down-graded the rating to punish them for daring to do such a thing to him.

Talk about 'NOT GETTING IT'?! :p

I think if the nation has been able to survive 8 years of the COMMUNITY ORGANIZER'S fiscal (and criminal) ineptitude then we can probably survive with a BRAIN SURGEON at the helm.

Looks like Carson's idea of leading is destroying the country. Awesome!
Racist

You got nothing.
Oh, he has something all right. He wants to put a black person in office to prove that Republicans aren't racist. It will be awesome!

:lol: and fiorina to prove the GOP isn't full of misogynists...
And won't we all laugh when neither proves electable and shows how racist and misogynistic the GOP really is. :thup:

Hey, just because Carson doesn't know what the debt limit is doesn't make him a clown who is completely unqualified for office.

Oh wait. It does. But then, most Republicans consider incompetence to be a resume builder. They see it and think "He really is one of us!".

Ben Carson has an interview yesterday and the lack of knowledge over something as basic as the debt limit is unsettling. His excerpted interview with Ken Ryssdal of American public Radio's "Marketplace" is below:

"Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Ryssdal: I'm gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always gonna ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of."

This is the #2 polling favorite in America and every day he shocks us with new dumbed down ideas about commonplace things in America. Just when does it become too much?

It seems that Ken is the one who is not getting the idea of restructure the way that we create debt and cuts.

Well Ben Carson certainly didn't make attempt to clarify that and he should have since today he looks like a gomer.

That is the point of the biased news, is to make him look like a gomer on everything he says.
He has been so misquoted and they have twisted his meanings by all the news.
How much clearer can you make it? He was very clear.

Looks like Carson's idea of leading is destroying the country. Awesome!
Racist

You got nothing.
Oh, he has something all right. He wants to put a black person in office to prove that Republicans aren't racist. It will be awesome!

:lol: and fiorina to prove the GOP isn't full of misogynists...
And won't we all laugh when neither proves electable and shows how racist and misogynistic the GOP really is. :thup:

Wont we all share a giggle when they blame liberals once again. They sound like Forest Gumps friend talking about shrimp.

Theres uh Liberal Media, Liberal bias....Deep fried liberal. Liberal Education, Liberal voters, Liberal Tar Tar....

The party that calls itself the 'Party of Blacks' ... who is responsible for creating the KKK, imposing LBJ's program of 'Economic Slavery' as policy, supports and sides with the militant New Black Panthers, who supports 'Black Lives Matter' that calls for the murder of all whites and cops, and who calls strong, successful independent blacks who do not support the DNC 'Uncle Toms' and 'Coons'....claiming the GOP is 'racist'.

The party whose current President and top 2016 Presidential candidate does not pay their female employees the same as men, whose top presidential candidate accepts money from nations that horribly oppress women and engage in female genitalia mutilation, who stand by and watch as the media and groups slander and attack women who aren't Liberals claiming the GOP is the misogynistic party?!
:lmao: Now THAT'S some FUNNY Shi'ite right there!

It seems that Ken is the one who is not getting the idea of restructure the way that we create debt and cuts.

Well Ben Carson certainly didn't make attempt to clarify that and he should have since today he looks like a gomer.

That is the point of the biased news, is to make him look like a gomer on everything he says.

These days we have what is called "You tube" or audio recordings which records our exact words. You get a little sway in these things and can backtrack some. Unfortunately, Ben Carson is making too long a record of dumbed down statements and the record is becoming quite clear.

Three knee jerk KKK posts from the left criticizing the personal life of a brilliant Black man. No surprises here.

Carson is an idiot with one extraordinary learned skill. That's not exactly uncommon.

I think he got the sum total of his political beliefs and knowledge from rightwing talk radio, or thereabouts.

These days we have what is called "You tube" or audio recordings which records our exact words. You get a little sway in these things and can backtrack some. Unfortunately, Ben Carson is making too long a record of dumbed down statements and the record is becoming quite clear.

You are the one buying into the mainstream media.
He is a very smart person and he has made very clear common sense statements.

Hey, just because Carson doesn't know what the debt limit is doesn't make him a clown who is completely unqualified for office..

Someone who doesn't quite get it can be taught and surround himself with experts who will help lower that number and get the budgets under control.

Someone who KNOWS and just doesn't give a crap, instead adding over $6 trillion in new debt in only 4 years and personally securing the 1st US Credit rating Down-grade in history, can't be helped. You just have to wait to that criminally fiscal traitor leaves office!

You are the one buying into the mainstream media.
He is a very smart person and he has made very clear common sense statements.

You're the person least qualified around here to be a judge of common sense.

The party that calls itself the 'Party of Blacks' ... who is responsible for creating the KKK, imposing LBJ's program of 'Economic Slavery' as policy, supports and sides with the militant New Black Panthers, who supports 'Black Lives Matter' that calls for the murder of all whites and cops, and who calls strong, successful independent blacks who do not support the DNC 'Uncle Toms' and 'Coons'....claiming the GOP is 'racist'.

The party whose current President and top 2016 Presidential candidate does not pay their female employees the same as men, whose top presidential candidate accepts money from nations that horribly oppress women and engage in genitalia mutilation, who stand by and watch as the media and groups slander and attack women who aren't Liberals claiming the GOP is the misogynistic party?!
:lmao: Now THAT'S some FUNNY Shi'ite right there!

Funny the party that wants to be called the "party of blacks" but won't give them the ease of voting without cumbersome restrictions, who wants to cut their SNAP benefits to nothing before they create a single job, who calls people killed by cops lazy ******* not worthy of a drop of water, who demand the rest who protest be shot down like cattle. Call the other party the bad guy. You want respect you have to earn it.
(Thanks to the mod who edited my remark, I'm thankful you did)

Forum List

Back