Speaking of bad food - Filet O Fish

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I just ate a re-heated 3 day old filet o fish.

I wonder if I will pay.....

so far so good, I ate it about an hour or so ago....

The "spoiled" window for food rejection is usually in the first hour. Now you get to sweat out the 12-36 hr window for good old fashioned food poisoning.

Have fun!

The "spoiled" window for food rejection is usually in the first hour. Now you get to sweat out the 12-36 hr window for good old fashioned food poisoning.

Have fun!

it was refrigerated, so, we'll see..... I'm thinking I have a pretty good stomach and will get past this...

What is a filet o fish. Is it different than a plain filleted fish? Is it a brand name?

What is a filet o fish. Is it different than a plain filleted fish? Is it a brand name?

I'm sorry to say it's McDonald's food. Hey, Bill Clinton ate at McDonald's! ;)

Have fun!

it was refrigerated, so, we'll see..... I'm thinking I have a pretty good stomach and will get past this...

Remember this statement when you are talking on the large white telephone to a guy named Ralph.

I'm sorry to say it's McDonald's food. Hey, Bill Clinton ate at McDonald's! ;)
Oh. we used to take the kids there to play in the inside playground on rainy days. I had one of those fish sandwiches. It was like a big fish stick on a hamburger bun. It was OK for a cheap sandwich. I've had worse.

My stomach is a little off but not bad.
I actually prefer the Big Macs. I only allow myself to eat those occasionally, but have had 2 this month :(

The filet-o-fish is the only sandwich item I buy from McDonald's.

They taste pretty good and never made me sick. ..... :cool:
What kind of fish do you guess it is? Pollock? Heck, with all that sauce it could be catfish.

I have no idea, I will have to look it up.
I always assumed it was flounder....

What kind of fish do you guess it is? Pollock? Heck, with all that sauce it could be catfish.
A few years ago I was watching one of those 'Deadliest Catch' type of shows on TV.

This episode was about a huge fish processing ship out on the ocean. The fishing trawlers would catch the fish and take their load to the processing ship. It was basically a floating factory with assembly lines. Where dozens of workers would clean the fish, package the fish, and then put them into a refrigerated area of ship to be flash frozen.

One guy was asked about what kind of fish it was, and he replied "Pollock", and then went on to say that if you had ever had a Filet-o-Fish from McDonald's, it came from this ship. ...... :cool:

Y'all eat meat glue sandwiches?

http://nutritionfacts.org/2015/04/16/what-is-meat-glue/
The so-called “meat glue enzyme” transglutaminase is used by the meat industry to add value to meat by gluing together smaller scraps into a larger chunk. And it’s not just used to make fake steak—the American Meat Institute estimates that it’s used in about “eight million pounds of meat every year in the United States.”

Transglutaminase can be used to cross-link pieces of any type of meat, fish, or meat product, and hence can be used to produce large chunks of virtually intact looking meat or fish out of small meat or fish cuttings. When researchers actually tested for transglutaminase in 20 samples of meat from the supermarket, they found meat glue in only two of the samples—in a sample of salmon and a sample of turkey (See Is Meat Glue Safe?)

Where does meat glue come from? For decades, the sole commercial source of transglutaminase was from the livers of guinea pigs. Now it can be sourced much cheaper. However, the future of meat glue remains uncertain because of “communication difficulties.”

Oh great, sanitation is not exactly their strong points on those boats and fish markets. Be better off processing the fish in the McDonalds Bathrooms, at least save the middle man.

well it was either the 3 day old filet o fish, the 1 day old Chick Fil A salad or the roast....

Forum List

Back