Spanking

My mom is bipolar and had a terrible off the wall temper. She was literally nuts. One time, I cut my own hair, and she freaked out and carried me over to the window (we lived on a third floor) and threatened to throw me out the window, along with numerous spankings, fist fights (where I got black eyes and she kicked me in the face one time too). I very much resented her and rebelled against her as a teenager. I didn't want my son to feel that way about me. I always showed him MUCH love and affection.

I've learned to forgive her because I realize she had some serious emotional/psychiatric issues going on, and I'm an adult now. I'm the only child and the only person she really has besides my aunt.

My mom is bipolar and had a terrible off the wall temper. She was literally nuts. One time, I cut my own hair, and she freaked out and carried me over to the window (we lived on a third floor) and threatened to throw me out the window, along with numerous spankings, fist fights (where I got black eyes and she kicked me in the face one time too). I very much resented her and rebelled against her as a teenager. I didn't want my son to feel that way about me. I always showed him MUCH love and affection.

Bravo. :clap2:

A lot of factors in spanking. First there is frequency, I don't think it works as well, if it is the first choice in punishment and used often. Second, some kids simply do not benefit from it, if it doesn't have the desired effect you need to try something different. Also, timeouts and withholding electronics are good methods too.

My rules was one clear spank and it was usually for some type of safety issue.

Sometimes I like to see Bonzi's threads develop before I give a real answer. ;)

"Develop" huh? By now I only expect Bonzi's threads to develop one way:

Frank: "Susie -- you just got to town, and we've been very interested in your development..."

Susie: "Fer-GET it!"

For kids who don't like it and spouses that do?

Totally open to interpretation! Although I'm not sure why anyone would be opposed to two consenting adults spanking one another....

If the adults are bad then maybe they need a spanking! :D Lol.

Can you define bad in the context of why you would be spanking to begin with? :eusa_angel:

I should have said "naughty." Lol. I don't object to some light hearted recreational spanking amongst consenting adults. :D Not too hard though. Ouch.

I'm also for.

Mom was the one that swung the belt in our family.

Dad was worried about losing his temper, and not stopping

Got myself in trouble for stepping between my brother and dad one time. I just thought my dad was way to mad and I did not know how it was going to turn out. I think everyone thought it as best after it was all over. Very unusual for my dad to be that mad.

For kids who don't like it and spouses that do?

Totally open to interpretation! Although I'm not sure why anyone would be opposed to two consenting adults spanking one another....

If the adults are bad then maybe they need a spanking! :D Lol.

Can you define bad in the context of why you would be spanking to begin with? :eusa_angel:

I should have said "naughty." Lol. I don't object to some light hearted recreational spanking amongst consenting adults. :D Not too hard though. Ouch.

Yep, plus there is all that explaining why your hand is all red after....

I'm also for.

Got myself in trouble for stepping between my brother and dad one time. I just thought my dad was way to mad and I did not know how it was going to turn out. I think everyone thought it as best after it was all over. Very unusual for my dad to be that mad.

dad was raised on a farm, and worked construction til he retired.

Did NOT want him to swing a belt at my butt.

I'm also for.

My sister used to stand on the side (when one of her brothers was targeted) and bawl her eyes out. Kind of like a sympathy string on a musical instrument.

I'm also for.

dad was raised on a farm, and worked construction til he retired.

Did NOT want him to swing a belt at my butt.

or the switch... I never had either only the sneaker....

Forum List

Back