Spanking

For.

Without fear of punishment there can be no order.

Spankign like all negative reinforcement can work. Unfortunately, most don't do it properly and do it out of anger or delayed so long the subconscious linking with the undesired behaviour is lost. Have to do it right away, consistently, and it shouldn't be so hard to cause pain so much as shock or surprise, an 'attention-getter.'

Against. It gives children neurosis. It teaches them to submit to violence. One should always hit back when hit.

Funny how four people in a row thought this topic was about child discipline. I assumed it was about sex.

Either way, no way. Against. :eusa_snooty:

Fair enough but that doesn't necessarily mean violence.

Spankign like all negative reinforcement can work. Unfortunately, most don't do it properly and do it out of anger or delayed so long the subconscious linking with the undesired behaviour is lost. Have to do it right away, consistently, and it shouldn't be so hard to cause pain so much as shock or surprise, an 'attention-getter.'

If it's not causing pain --- then what's the point?

For it when used as a correction for a life threatening situation.

You don't spank a kid for spilling his juice, you do spank a kid for bolting ahead of you and almost running into traffic.

Edit: and if this is about adult on adult spanking, then, meh, it doesn't do anything for me.

You don't spank a kid for spilling his juice, you do spank a kid for bolting ahead of you and almost running into traffic.

Funny you should describe that. It's exactly what happened to me. It alienated me from my father forever. Not that one by itself maybe, but the pattern.

I had no clue in the world why he did that. My mother had to console me but it never made any sense. I think he just didn't want to deal with the ambulance expense.

For.

I'm also for.

Mom was the one that swung the belt in our family.

Dad was worried about losing his temper, and not stopping

Funny you should describe that. It's exactly what happened to me. It alienated me from my father forever.

Did you run into traffic again?

Edit: and if this is about adult on adult spanking, then, meh, it doesn't do anything for me.

Inspired by 'you don't shoot a duck for quacking.'

Don't fault children for being childish.

it's not about "Fault" it's about explaining to a undeveloped person that "running into the street is bad".

Explaining this to a 3 year old and having them get it requires an extraordinary 3 year old. A quick spank and a "don't do that" gets the message across to 99% of three year olds.

Funny you should describe that. It's exactly what happened to me. It alienated me from my father forever.

That's just it --- I made no connection to the traffic. I completely forgot about that once I was being attacked.

it's not about "Fault" it's about explaining to a undeveloped person that "running into the street is bad".

Explaining this to a 3 year old and having them get it requires an extraordinary 3 year old. A quick spank and a "don't do that" gets the message across to 99% of three year olds.

I think the above displays a fundamental ignorance of how a child's mind works.

That's just it --- I made no connection to the traffic. I completely forgot about that once I was being attacked.

How old were you, and how do you remember it?

And a quick spank on the ass is not being attacked. I was spanked, i was never beaten, there is a difference.

I think the above displays a fundamental ignorance of how a child's mind works.

Not at all. What I see from most people who oppose corporal punishment in all forms is the adult-ization of a childs mind in the hope that reasoning with them will work.

Forum List

Back