Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child

Our grandparents and great grandparents knew what was best when raising a child. A rod or belt is needed whenever children act up. Today's psychologists seem like a bunch of quacks who don't have any common sense.
---Ban spanking in all schools, pediatrician group urges.---

That article is flaming BULLSHIT. I wonder if they asked how many times a year teachers are hit? All that law will do is give further rise to crime and misbehavior in children, especially blacks, who once on the streets out in society will lead more violent lives and higher crime.

Progs sure learn the hard way.

I don't recall spanking my kids more than a few times or even raising my voice. My wife and I were always on the same team, all the kids knew the rules and we did our best to set a good example.

Sure, they all learned to play the system in their own ways, that was fun to watch but spanking is overrated .. understanding that kids just gotta do stupid things but leading them to think of the smarter options worked out rather well for us and them.

Our grandparents and great grandparents knew what was best when raising a child. A rod or belt is needed whenever children act up. Today's psychologists seem like a bunch of quacks who don't have any common sense.

---Ban spanking in all schools, pediatrician group urges.---

Does spanking actually still exist in schools these days? As far as I know it never took place in any of the schools that I went to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (class of 2000)

Forum List

Back