Spanish will make you smart

• Banned
Good for you.

I bet it has come in pleanty handy too.

its a beautiful language.

We really need to make it clear how stupid it is to INSIST American only know one language

Most Spanish schools are learning English as a second language..

Well for me, I attended an American School, then attended a British school for about 4 years, then moved to North Carolina.

It has actually, I enjoy making conversations with Latinos and Spanish Speaking folks here in North Carolina, not to mention when I was living in San Diego..

I agree, I think people should be encouraged to learn at least 2 languages..

I agree as well and not just a year or two in high school. We should be teaching it from kindergarten on.

This is one thing I agree with TM on. A foreign language improves the learning process.

I took three and a half years of Spanish in Junior High and High School. Now days, I can't really follow a conversation (and never could if they were speaking "Spanish fast"), but I can still read it well enough to read a paper and comprehend most of what I am reading.

The cliche--"Use it or lose it" definitely fits in regards to a non-native language.

Immie

Last edited:
Good for you.

I bet it has come in pleanty handy too.

its a beautiful language.

We really need to make it clear how stupid it is to INSIST American only know one language

Insist America only know one language? I've never heard that. Speak English and expect others to do likewise because it is the main language of this country? Absolutely.

If it's so stupid for people to know only one language then all non-English speaking people (who only speak in and know their native language) in this country must be dopes? :doubt:

If learning a second language is what the school systems truly intend then why the hell do they wait until kids are in middle school before teaching it? Learning a second language is most easily and effectively learned by the brain early, early on.

Last edited:
I would really, really like to know who, what, and where does it say that we MUST speak ONE language????????

Society for Neuroscience | The Bilingual Brain

Why do you insist on making your kids fall behind teh rest of the world.

teach them spanish, teach them to be bilingual and you give them an economic edge and a brainpower boost.

Insisting on a one languge country makes us dumber

Asking immigrants to learn English is encouraging them to learn another language. They will be smarter--gotta problem with that ?

Dumbest thread by one of the biggest fucking retards on the Internet.

But, dumb as she is, she may have a point: If we were smart, we'd make English the official language of the USA

Gee how much smarter would all the Spanish people who live here and never learn to speak English be if we made them all learn English?

'Asking immigrants to learn English is encouraging them to learn another language. They will be smarter--gotta problem with that ?'

Not at all as I am one of those who think that anybody who comes to the USA SHOULD learn english.......and yes, people who ONLY speak one language SHOULD try to learn more if not ONE more.

Dumbest thread by one of the biggest fucking retards on the Internet.

But, dumb as she is, she may have a point: If we were smart, we'd make English the official language of the USA

Making English the official language does not preclude us from learning other languages.

I believe we should teach our kids Spanish from Kindergarten on. That does not mean that I do not think that English should be the official language.

Immie

'Gee how much smarter would all the Spanish people who live here and never learn to speak English be if we made them all learn English?'

One thing for sure, it would make life a lot easier for them.

'If we were smart, we'd make English the official language of the USA'

The feds left this to the individual states - and - 28 have made english their official language....CA being one of them. What did it change and what difference did it make? Zero, nada.

Society for Neuroscience | The Bilingual Brain

Why do you insist on making your kids fall behind teh rest of the world.

teach them spanish, teach them to be bilingual and you give them an economic edge and a brainpower boost.

Insisting on a one languge country makes us dumber

Remember when Obama said that more Americans should learn a foreign language and then admitted "I don't speak a foreign language. It's embarrassing!" Funny little libtards.

Why would tm select only Spanish? Aren't there other languages that are as equally important? Does learning French make one "dumb"? Or should we only focus on communication with Hispanics. Fuck the Chinese and the German right truthmattersnot?

Zoom is right. A foreign language should be taught in Kindergarten. But it doesn't have to be Spanish for crying out loud.

Why would tm select only Spanish? Aren't there other languages that are as equally important? Does learning French make one "dumb"? Or should we only focus on communication with Hispanics. Fuck the Chinese and the German right truthmattersnot?

Zoom is right. A foreign language should be taught in Kindergarten. But it doesn't have to be Spanish for crying out loud.

The AZ immigration law has gotten TM all wee-weed up.

Here's a great way to teach a second, or third!, language.

At only 2½ years of age, Valentina Paloma Pinault is already tri-lingual, proud mama Salma Hayek shares.

“She speaks three languages,” the actress said at the A Bid to Save the Earth Green Auction, held Wednesday at Christie’s.

Hayek’s husband François-Henri Pinault added, “She’s [speaking] fluently — English, Spanish and French. She can have a conversation,” the PPR CEO told PEOPLE Moms & Babies.

Salma Hayek’s Daughter Is Already Tri-Lingual – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com

Last edited:

I might be wrong but TM seems to be engaged in "profiling" just saying. :lol:

Forum List

Back