Source to JPost: Egypt 'caves' to Israeli pressure, pulling UN resolution

I can see how that is a problem.

But - I also see the other side - Palestinians being prevented from buying into certain areas. And...as an adjunct, Palestinians preventing Palestinians from selling to Jews.
Israelis are also prevented from building in certain areas by the Israeli government.

Yes...but there is considerable laxity there. Many times officials look away from it, and then legalize it or at the least provide infrastructure.
Sometimes they are legalized and some times they are torn down. Israel has been in control of the land since 1967, a half century, and still the communities take up less than 2% of the land, so clearly Israel has acted with great restraint, perhaps too much restraint, in building in area C.

You are such a brainwashed liar.

"In total, more than 40% of the West Bank is under the direct control of settlers or settlements and off-limits to Palestinians, regardless of the fact that only a small portion of this land has been built on by settlers."

Americans for Peace Now
Just more bullshit from you. The 40% is under the control of the Civil Administration as agreed on by the Palestinian Authority and endorsed by the UN, and it is not off limits to Palestinians. Tens of thousands of Palestinians go to work each day in Israeli communities earning much more than they otherwise could and hundreds of Palestinian businesses do business with these communities. They cannot build in area C until there is peace and that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

You are one of the princes of the Zionist bullshitters. You only post lies and propaganda. 40% of the West Bank is controlled by Israel, full stop. Liar.

That tresulution is directly against Jews, about half million of them, to be exact. It allowes to mark products and to refrain from having business with them. I don't want to sound populistic, and I am myslef not a fan of Nazi Germany comparisons of any sort, but let's not play dumb, this is how things started back then, with "stamping" Jews. The moment the UN will condemn the illegal Arab building, then I will take my words back.

I thought the resolution was specifically against settlements. Are there illegal Arab settlements as well?
There are no illegal Israeli settlements.

If you say so. Even Israel considers some of them illegal...
They are unauthorized but not illegal, that is to say, of there is nothing inherently illegal about Israelis building in area C as long as they get the proper authorization first. The same goes for Palestinians.
The point is, it is entirely a matter of Israeli law.

Yet the Palestinians can't get authorization. You're also contradicting yourself - on the one hand you say that unauthorized they are not illegal...but they are not illegal if they get proper authorization first. That doesn't make sense.
Actually, the Palestinians can get authorization if they go through all the channels. It is a confusing system and it can take two years to get a permit to build whether you are a Palestinian or an Israeli. The first thing you have to do is get a master plan a larger area approved and show how your proposed building would fit into it. Then you have to go around from ministry to ministry to get additional approvals and money for infrastructure, etc. After all of that is done, you have to seek approval from the government and the Civil Administration for political and security issues. Because the various ministries work at different speeds, sometimes the money is appropriated before final approval from the government is received and in the belief it is coming the building goes up. But there are internal and external political pressures that sometimes cause the government to delay final approval and the building is unauthorized but not inherently illegal.

Israeli outposts or small communities that go up without ever applying for permits are illegal under Israeli law and are torn down.

To my knowledge no Palestinians have ever gone through the entire process of getting a master plan approved to applying for all the necessary approvals. Most often, the put up buildings, often with funding and encouragement from EU funded ngo's, without applying for any authorization, and when they get a demolition notice they apply for a permit, but by then it is too late. There buildings are as illegal as the Israeli outposts that also get torn down.

Israelis are also prevented from building in certain areas by the Israeli government.

Yes...but there is considerable laxity there. Many times officials look away from it, and then legalize it or at the least provide infrastructure.
Sometimes they are legalized and some times they are torn down. Israel has been in control of the land since 1967, a half century, and still the communities take up less than 2% of the land, so clearly Israel has acted with great restraint, perhaps too much restraint, in building in area C.

You are such a brainwashed liar.

"In total, more than 40% of the West Bank is under the direct control of settlers or settlements and off-limits to Palestinians, regardless of the fact that only a small portion of this land has been built on by settlers."

Americans for Peace Now
Just more bullshit from you. The 40% is under the control of the Civil Administration as agreed on by the Palestinian Authority and endorsed by the UN, and it is not off limits to Palestinians. Tens of thousands of Palestinians go to work each day in Israeli communities earning much more than they otherwise could and hundreds of Palestinian businesses do business with these communities. They cannot build in area C until there is peace and that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

You are one of the princes of the Zionist bullshitters. You only post lies and propaganda. 40% of the West Bank is controlled by Israel, full stop. Liar.
40% is controlled by Israel as specified in the Oslo agreements which were endorsed by the UN, but only less than 2% of the land is taken up by all the Israeli communities collectively.

I thought the resolution was specifically against settlements. Are there illegal Arab settlements as well?

They are unauthorized but not illegal, that is to say, of there is nothing inherently illegal about Israelis building in area C as long as they get the proper authorization first. The same goes for Palestinians.

Yet the Palestinians can't get authorization. You're also contradicting yourself - on the one hand you say that unauthorized they are not illegal...but they are not illegal if they get proper authorization first. That doesn't make sense.
Actually, the Palestinians can get authorization if they go through all the channels. It is a confusing system and it can take two years to get a permit to build whether you are a Palestinian or an Israeli. The first thing you have to do is get a master plan a larger area approved and show how your proposed building would fit into it. Then you have to go around from ministry to ministry to get additional approvals and money for infrastructure, etc. After all of that is done, you have to seek approval from the government and the Civil Administration for political and security issues. Because the various ministries work at different speeds, sometimes the money is appropriated before final approval from the government is received and in the belief it is coming the building goes up. But there are internal and external political pressures that sometimes cause the government to delay final approval and the building is unauthorized but not inherently illegal.

Israeli outposts or small communities that go up without ever applying for permits are illegal under Israeli law and are torn down.

To my knowledge no Palestinians have ever gone through the entire process of getting a master plan approved to applying for all the necessary approvals. Most often, the put up buildings, often with funding and encouragement from EU funded ngo's, without applying for any authorization, and when they get a demolition notice they apply for a permit, but by then it is too late. There buildings are as illegal as the Israeli outposts that also get torn down.

They are frequently denied approval- compared to Jewish applicants. Also, they are more likely to be torn down then comparable illegal Jewish settlements.

The settlements are a serious issue: Israel's settlement drive is becoming irreversible, diplomats fear

They are frequently denied approval- compared to Jewish applicants. Also, they are more likely to be torn down then comparable illegal Jewish settlements.

The settlements are a serious issue: Israel's settlement drive is becoming irreversible, diplomats fear
This is simply not true. They don't follow the the procedures required of both Israelis and Palestinians for new construction so they don't get the permits.

Israel's new construction in Judea and Samaria has been very modest for several years, ever since Netanyahu took office in 2009. There continues to be no rational basis for believing Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are obstacles to peace or a final status agreement, just as there is no rational basis for objecting to the US moving its embassy to Jerusalem and no rational basis for believing there will be a Palestinian government that can credibly offer peace to Israel in the foreseeable future. There is just something about this situation that makes otherwise seemingly intelligent people believe crazy things.

Since we both agree it is impossible, Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are irrelevant to the issue. It's like asking how will eating pancakes help me win the lottery?

If two state solution is impossible then what do you propose?

The 1923 two state solution that was implemented in full, including the arab muslim part of international law that banned Jews from arab lands on pain of death.

Why in the hell would you support THAT?

WHY NOT YOU DO as this is what the arab muslims forced through the LoN when trans Jordan was created under the same treaty as the Jewish national home. The other part of the law said that the arab muslims were not allowed to set up home in the Jewish national home and had their own lands to the east of the Jordan.

ONCE AGAIN ISRAEL COMPLIES WITH INTERNATIONAL LAWS AND THE ARAB MUSLIMS FLOUT THEM. NO JEWS IN JORDAN

I'm not sure what the hell that has to do with the conversation.

Plain and simple - I support the right of two people's self determination, with negotiated borders and no forced mass population transfers, and equal rights for all citizens.

Everything as it is the first claim team palestine brings up to silence the opposition. It shows that Israel has followed international law since the beginning and that it is the islamonazi's that are in breach of international law

While this resolution many have seemed to Egypt like a lost golden opportunity to polish its anti Israel credentials in the Muslim world before Obama slithers out of the WH, the prospect of starting off on the wrong foot with the incoming Trump administration, a serious ally of Israel, much to the consternation of the Obama Jews in America, probably seemed too high a price to pay.

Those "Obama Jews" (as you referred to them). What can you tell me about their mindset? What is important to them and what is not? It is perplexing to me.

I am a Jewish American and I have nothing but contempt for them.

They are really a subset of liberal Americans. They claim to support Israel, and at the same time claim that by virtue of being Jewish they have a special right to side with Israel's enemies, as in the case of this resolution. On all critical issues concerning Israel, they have consistently been less supportive of Israel than the average Democrat and much less supportive of Israel than the average American.

I call them Obama Jews because they are breathlessly faithful to Obama on every issue, even when he would seem to contradict their other positions. When Obama claimed peace could come only through direct negotiations and not through UN resolutions, they supported that position, and now that there are hints from the WH he has changed his mind, they support the UN resolution.

They claim a special insight into situations concerning "oppressed" people by virtue of the sufferings of their ancestors, despite having lived their lives in the safe environs of America. While other Democrats may have been moved to vote for Obama, a man with an empty resume, for president, because they believed it would be good for America to elect a black president, the Obama Jews were moved by their fantasies their second hand oppression because he was, they believed, also oppressed by virtue of being black, despite the fact nothing in his personal data indicated he had ever suffered for being black.

I agree.

The Obama Jews, as you called them, and the many institutions they have founded , should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for all the harm they are doing to Israel and their own religion.

Other religions can't believe this is happening, it is rare for them to criticize themselves so violently.

You would think that now that Hussein Obama has given Israel and his personal enemy Netanyahu the finger, the Obama anti Israel jews, whatever you want to call them, would finally see reason, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Surprisingly a lot of them are also against Israel, the one and only true friend America has in the Middle East.

While this resolution many have seemed to Egypt like a lost golden opportunity to polish its anti Israel credentials in the Muslim world before Obama slithers out of the WH, the prospect of starting off on the wrong foot with the incoming Trump administration, a serious ally of Israel, much to the consternation of the Obama Jews in America, probably seemed too high a price to pay.

Those "Obama Jews" (as you referred to them). What can you tell me about their mindset? What is important to them and what is not? It is perplexing to me.

They are really a subset of liberal Americans. They claim to support Israel, and at the same time claim that by virtue of being Jewish they have a special right to side with Israel's enemies, as in the case of this resolution. On all critical issues concerning Israel, they have consistently been less supportive of Israel than the average Democrat and much less supportive of Israel than the average American.

I call them Obama Jews because they are breathlessly faithful to Obama on every issue, even when he would seem to contradict their other positions. When Obama claimed peace could come only through direct negotiations and not through UN resolutions, they supported that position, and now that there are hints from the WH he has changed his mind, they support the UN resolution.

They claim a special insight into situations concerning "oppressed" people by virtue of the sufferings of their ancestors, despite having lived their lives in the safe environs of America. While other Democrats may have been moved to vote for Obama, a man with an empty resume, for president, because they believed it would be good for America to elect a black president, the Obama Jews were moved by their fantasies their second hand oppression because he was, they believed, also oppressed by virtue of being black, despite the fact nothing in his personal data indicated he had ever suffered for being black.

I agree.

The Obama Jews, as you called them, and the many institutions they have founded , should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for all the harm they are doing to Israel and their own religion.

Other religions can't believe this is happening, it is rare for them to criticize themselves so violently.

You would think that now that Hussein Obama has given Israel and his personal enemy Netanyahu the finger, the Obama anti Israel jews, whatever you want to call them, would finally see reason, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Surprisingly a lot of them are also against Israel, the one and only true friend America has in the Middle East.

The U.S. pays dearly for the friendship, in dollars.

I agree.

Gee whiz. Maybe we should abandon an ally and shower the Islamic terrorist enclaves occupying Gaza and the West Bank, in more dollars.

Maybe we should stop supporting Israel, maybe the Muslim street would turn against radical Islamists, ever thought of that?

Maybe we should stop supporting Israel, maybe the Muslim street would turn against radical Islamists, ever thought of that?
Is that what the prayer leader at your madtassah tells you? Remarkable how all the failures, ineptitudes and incompetence on the part of Arabs-Moslems is always the fault of The Zionists™ and The Great Satan™, of course. Just imagine, if not forThe Zionists™, Arab-Moslem'dom be a modern, thriving, 1st world of commerce and industry, as opposed to the reality of an entire portion of the globe being afflicted with the reality of Islam.

I agree.

Have you seen how much it gives to Islam then, and how many Americans are murdered as a result of this money

What's a "madtassah". I attended Catholic school and Catechism on Thursdays.

The sign of a beaten propagandist who knows all they have is typo's to win the odd point

It was in those you were instructed in the blood libels and lies of the Papal canon's regarding the murder of your God by the Jews and the making of Bread using the blood of Christian children. These lessons started your decline away from being normal and descending into the depths of nazism and anti semitic hatreds

No because they are not allowed to by their religion, for an islamonazi convert you are not very well versed in your religions laws coming out with that stupid remark. Might I suggest a beating by your imam every day for the nest 2 weeks so you wont forget in the future

The draft resolution that shows the UN is living in a fantasy world of their own

23 December 2016 – United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today welcomed the adoption of a Security Council resolution which states that the establishment of Israeli settlements in Palestinian territory occupied since 1967, have “no legal validity,” constitute a “flagrant violation” under international law and are a “major obstacle” to a two-State solution and a just, lasting and comprehensive peace.

“The resolution is a significant step, demonstrating the Council’s much needed leadership and the international community’s collective efforts to reconfirm that the vision of two States is still achievable,” the UN chief’s spokesperson said in a statement.

“The Secretary-General takes this opportunity to encourage Israeli and Palestinian leaders to work with the international community to create a conducive environment for a return to meaningful negotiations,” the spokesperson added. “The United Nations stands ready to support all concerned parties in achieving this goal.”

Earlier this afternoon, the 15-member Council adopted the resolution by a vote of 14 in favour and with one abstention – the United States abstained from the vote. The resolution had been put forward by Malaysia, New Zealand, Senegal and Venezuela.

In the resolution, the Council reiterated its demand that Israel “immediately and completely cease all settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem, and that it fully respect all of its legal obligations in this regard.” The Council also underlined that it will not recognize any changes to the 4 June 1967 lines, including with regard to Jerusalem, other than those agreed by the parties through negotiations.

The resolution called for immediate steps to prevent all acts of violence against civilians, including acts of terror, as well as all acts of provocation and destruction, and for accountability in that regard, as well as for both parties to act on the basis of international law, including international humanitarian law, and previous agreements and obligations, “to observe calm and restraint, and to refrain from provocative actions, incitement and inflammatory rhetoric.”

It further called for compliance with obligations under international law for the strengthening of ongoing efforts to combat terrorism, including through existing security coordination, and to clearly condemn all acts of terrorism.

The Council also urged for intensification and acceleration of international and regional diplomatic efforts and support aimed at achieving, without delay a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East on the basis of the relevant United Nations resolutions, the Madrid terms of reference, including the principle of land for peace, the Arab Peace Initiative and the Quartet Roadmap and an end to the Israeli occupation that began in 1967.

UN News - UN chief welcomes Security Council resolution on Israeli settlements as ‘significant step’

\the highlighted parts are the ones that go against the arab muslim charters and shariah laws

I agree.

Have you seen how much it gives to Islam then, and how many Americans are murdered as a result of this money

It doesn't give anything to Islam.

I agree.

It doesn't give anything to Islam.

Then you dont look at your own countries aid package. The vast majority of the aid is going to islamic nations that are proclaimed enemies of the USA. And you are denying the link between islam and islamic nations politics. They call themselves the nation of islam for the obvious reasons

No comment on the wording of the UN resolution then, how come team palestine if silent on the actual words demanding the palestinians comply with the resolution in full or face the consequences

Forum List

Back