Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours

Thanks for realizing your error.
No error... was 2014 and 2015 when Obama had higher GDP growth than trump a booming economy or part of the worst recession in history? Face it. You either need to give Obama credit for the years he exceeded trumps numbers or you need to admit Trumps great economy is Hyperbolic

No error...

You said.....

The rate of growth during Obama’s “worst recovery ever” was the same as Trumps “booming economy”

Your link showed that Obama's average was less than Trump's.
Well not counting 2009 (because the claim was for the recovery) average growth 2010-2016 was 2.2% and for 2017 and 2019, 2.5%.

That’s not really a large difference.
And the 2 year average of 2014-2015 was 2.7%.

So really, the differences are minor. Trump’s 2 year average is a little bigger than Obama’s two year average, while Obama’s best two year average is a little better than Trump’s.

Saying both President’s have been about the same is not inaccurate, but neither is saying Trump’s is a little better.

average growth 2010-2016 was 2.2% and for 2017 and 2019, 2.5%.

Yes, Trump's growth is better.
You just slipped into idiotsville. How about your read his entire statement t which was honest fair and compete and not just cherry pick. It’s called honest debate...

How about a truthful straight forward answer to this question. Whose average GDP was higher. Obama in 2014 and 2015 or Trump in 2017 and 2018???

How about your read his entire statement t which was honest fair and compete and not just cherry pick.

Cherry pick?

Whose average GDP was higher. Obama in 2014 and 2015

Like that? LOL!

No error... was 2014 and 2015 when Obama had higher GDP growth than trump a booming economy or part of the worst recession in history? Face it. You either need to give Obama credit for the years he exceeded trumps numbers or you need to admit Trumps great economy is Hyperbolic

No error...

You said.....

The rate of growth during Obama’s “worst recovery ever” was the same as Trumps “booming economy”

That’s not what it shows... we only have two years of trump vs 7 of Obama. Take Obama’s best two consecutive years and he has a higher average than Trumps. During those two years did you tout the economic boom? I don’t think so. You complained that he didn’t break 3%. Has Trump broken 3%? No. Did he say he would get 4 maybe 5% when he campaigned? Yes. I think my point is very clear. Y’all are politicizing this whole thing and very transparent about it.

That’s not what it shows... we only have two years of trump vs 7 of Obama.

Trump's two years average higher than Obama's seven.
I agree with your link. Thanks.
Exactly. If your gonna compare apples to apples you need a 7 year average from trump which you dont have. And the facts remain that Trumps amazing booming economy’s GDP was exceeded by Obama in 2014 and 2015z that’s what my link shows. Are you going to give Obama credit for those two years?

No error...

You said.....

That’s not what it shows... we only have two years of trump vs 7 of Obama. Take Obama’s best two consecutive years and he has a higher average than Trumps. During those two years did you tout the economic boom? I don’t think so. You complained that he didn’t break 3%. Has Trump broken 3%? No. Did he say he would get 4 maybe 5% when he campaigned? Yes. I think my point is very clear. Y’all are politicizing this whole thing and very transparent about it.

Exactly. If your gonna compare apples to apples you need a 7 year average from trump which you dont have. And the facts remain that Trumps amazing booming economy’s GDP was exceeded by Obama in 2014 and 2015z that’s what my link shows. Are you going to give Obama credit for those two years?
I'd give Obama credit for ruining the military and the economy and jobs.

No error...

You said.....

Well not counting 2009 (because the claim was for the recovery) average growth 2010-2016 was 2.2% and for 2017 and 2019, 2.5%.

So really, the differences are minor. Trump’s 2 year average is a little bigger than Obama’s two year average, while Obama’s best two year average is a little better than Trump’s.

Saying both President’s have been about the same is not inaccurate, but neither is saying Trump’s is a little better.

You just slipped into idiotsville. How about your read his entire statement t which was honest fair and compete and not just cherry pick. It’s called honest debate...

How about a truthful straight forward answer to this question. Whose average GDP was higher. Obama in 2014 and 2015 or Trump in 2017 and 2018???

How about your read his entire statement t which was honest fair and compete and not just cherry pick.

Cherry pick?

Like that? LOL!
Yes, cherry pick, take part of the statement and ignore the rest. Cherry pick

No error...

You said.....

Cherry pick?

Like that? LOL!
I’ll easily say there you can take other years of Obama’s GDP and Trumps are higher. I don’t think Obama had a crazy good economy, that wasn’t his strength. But my point goes to the dishonest hyperbole and spin y’all are putting on the two... and you still haven’t answered the question... whose was higher? Trump 2017-2018 or Obama 2014-2015

No error...

You said.....

I'd give Obama credit for ruining the military and the economy and jobs.
Of course you would but you are not honest or objective so really why would it matter what you think?

No error...

You said.....

Obama gets credit for all of his years.
Even though that means his average is lower than Trump's.

No error...

You said.....

Cherry pick?

Like that? LOL!

Yes, cherry pick, take part of the statement and ignore the rest.

Yes, cherry pick, take two years and ignore the rest. Cherry pick.

Funny that almost to the day Trump was elected it took off.

Markets react to good news. There were lots of stories right after the election about how Trump winning was already causing economic good news, before he even took office. Smart people know that Hillary would have been a disaster.

Tramp economy is what Obama's left to him......
Good Lord you're an idiot.

Funny that almost to the day Trump was elected it took off.

Markets react to good news. There were lots of stories right after the election about how Trump winning was already causing economic good news, before he even took office. Smart people know that Hillary would have been a disaster.

Tramp economy is what Obama's left to him......
Good Lord you're an idiot.
And for 2020:

2020 platform.jpeg

No error...

You said.....

True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015 and you’ve dodged answering 3 times now. You done or do you wanna give a real answer?

Cherry pick?

Like that? LOL!

Yes, cherry pick, take part of the statement and ignore the rest.

Yes, cherry pick, take two years and ignore the rest. Cherry pick.
I didn’t ignore the rest. I said Obama’s 7 year average is lower than trumps two year and other two year spans of Obama’s are lower than trumps two years. That’s acknowledgement not ignoring or cherry picking. But my question to you is about that two year span of Obama’s. Were those two years booming or subpar?

If that’s the case then you did a real shitty job managing it because the stock market boomed during those years.

What a fucking bed wetting hack you are.

The day the meat puppet faggot was elected the market crashed. People who had money and wanted to keep some of it squirreled it away elsewhere. Thanks to quantitative easing and a zero interest rate the market slowly crept back up, as if there was any other direction for it to go, but we suffered with stagnation and malaise for 8 years until Trump beat the sociopath hag. That's when the market boomed.

It's Trump's Booming Economy, Not Obama's | Investor's Business Daily

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

Let's see if we have this right.

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)
The rate of growth during Obama’s “worst recovery ever” was the same as Trumps “booming economy” Name one stat where you think Trump has significantly increased the growth rate.
Optimism is at 96% .. under Obama it was 42%

ME: Its time to set the record straight against all the pinheads who say Trump inherited a good economy from the Kenyan Pig. Trump inherited garbage. A survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this 2018 found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth. It is what the left would, in another context, call a "scientific consensus." So here we go Leftists, read and learn:

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)
with upward trends since 2010?

the debt is more your guy's than our guy's.

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)
The rate of growth during Obama’s “worst recovery ever” was the same as Trumps “booming economy” Name one stat where you think Trump has significantly increased the growth rate.
That’s wonderful... what’s your point?

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)
That’s investment, lol
Obama created 30 hour a week shake shack jobs, they exploded good job obama lol

Obama lost 1,600 thousand manufacturing jobs a month, trump gains a thousand manufacturing jobs a month... democrats can’t govern

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)
That’s investment, lol

Obama lost 1,600 thousand manufacturing jobs a month, trump gains a thousand manufacturing jobs a month... democrats can’t govern
Yeah, trump got a great bump with the excitement over tax cuts. The market rose and investment rose. That buzz is over now so we will see how it shakes out. I don’t give a shit about optimism... that’s marketing and not real.

I’ve always looked to reps to be the fiscally responsible party. Dems do the social justice work... I’m not going to get into an Obama Trump piss contest. Both sides are lying and exaggerating their asses off. The partisanship is at an all time high. Honest discussions are few and far between.

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)
That’s investment, lol

Yeah, trump got a great bump with the excitement over tax cuts. The market rose and investment rose. That buzz is over now so we will see how it shakes out. I don’t give a shit about optimism... that’s marketing and not real.

I’ve always looked to reps to be the fiscally responsible party. Dems do the social justice work... I’m not going to get into an Obama Trump piss contest. Both sides are lying and exaggerating their asses off. The partisanship is at an all time high. Honest discussions are few and far between.
Trumps is getting investments in states that will allow manufacture in. These jobs will boost the middle classes big league. Democrat run cities will continue to struggle for ordinary people because they refuse to add middle class jobs. Boston is booming for the rich, we are turning in to San Francisco, huge homeless and drug deaths. No opportunity for middle class.

When democrats adopt trumps policies these cities will have a huge impact in wages.

No error...

You said.....

True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015 and you’ve dodged answering 3 times now. You done or do you wanna give a real answer?

True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015

Yes, I saw your cherry picking. What about it?

Forum List

Back