'Sorry' is not the hardest word

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Been writing on this board for awhile, and in maybe an off topic thread, which I hope won't be taken away, I just wanted to say 'Sorry'.

Sorry if I hurt, insulted, harmed or offended any poster, if by intention or if by accident.

All our doings are written down, and when it's time to look back, it's never to late to say 'sorry'.

Which reminds me of the old story I once heard:

paragraph-separator.png

Once upon a time there was a young boy who was bad tempered. He was often rude, aggressive and disrespectful towards his surrounding.

His father decided one day to make him repent in an original way. He bought him a bag of nails- "You see, son?" he asked, "every time you lose your calm, or hurt or harm anyone, hammer a nail in our wooden fence, so you'll see that each time your anger takes over, it has consqeuences."

The boy did so. the first 3 days he nailed over 30 nails a day. The following days, he saw that the fence is quickly filled with nails, so he forced himself to stay calm. When the days kept passing, each day the amount of nailes being hammered in the fence, was reduced.

Till no nailes were hammered in the 20th day.

The father saw this and say, "Now son, each time you can hold down your tamper, I want you to pull out a nail."

So the child did so, and each day he pulled the nails out of the fence, till none were left.

The father and son stood infront of the fence, all clean, and the father called to his young son, "See? look how wonderful! the fence is totally clean from nails!" he grinned, so proud of the boy, "you did it!"

The child stood there, his face blank, and suddenly, he burst out crying. "Why are you crying, son?" the father asked in sympathy, "look, all the nails are out!"

"But daddy!" the boy wailed, "the holes! what about the holes?"

paragraph-separator.png

Gmar Chatima Tova to all.

I am not a Jew. I am a conservative Evangelical Christian. But I support without waver the Jews of this and other nations and I support Israel. I believe that the Jews are Gods children as they were in the time of Soloman and David. We worship the same God.

You have never done anything wrong to me. But I believe that if someone has the fortitude of character to walk those small steps (which will seem like 1,000 miles), to stretch out there hand and make amends for wrongs either perceived or real, then that person shall be rewarded for their strength of character.

I've used this once before and was lucky enough not to have used it incorrectly. I hope I am not using it incorrectly here... Shalom.

Forum List

Back