"Future of Palestine"

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
I was struck by this John Mearsheimer lecture because it clearly lays out the future if Israel does not accept a free Palestine as the UN vote authorized...

Even on this board we can see the divisions of pro-Israeli posters who hate all things Palestinian to some who would love to see a peaceful solution and co-existence for both peoples.

We should all look inward and try to post peaceful solutions on these threads.

John Mearsheimer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Future of Palestine" lecture[edit source]

In April 2010, Mearsheimer delivered the Hisham B. Sharabi Memorial Lecture at the Palestine Center in Washington, DC, which he titled "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners." He argued that "the two-state solution is now a fantasy" because Israel will incorporate the Gaza Strip and the West Bank into a "Greater Israel", which would become an apartheid state. This state, according to Mearsheimer, would not be politically viable, most American Jews would not support it, and it would eventually become a democratic bi-national state, politically dominated by its Palestinian majority. He suggested that "American Jews who care deeply about Israel" could be divided into three categories: the "new Afrikaners" who will support Israel even if it is an apartheid state, "righteous Jews," who believe that individual rights are universal, and apply equally to Jews and Palestinians, and the largest group who he called the "great ambivalent middle". He concludes that most of the "great ambivalent middle" would not defend an apartheid Israel because "American Jews are among the staunchest defenders of traditional liberal values" resulting in the "new Afrikaners" becoming increasingly marginalized over time. Mearsheimer stated that he "would classify most of the individuals who head the Israel lobby’s major organizations as "'new Afrikaners'" and specifically listed Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League, David Harris of the American Jewish Committee, Malcolm Hoenlein of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, Ronald Lauder of the World Jewish Congress, Morton Klein of the Zionist Organization of America; as well as "businessmen" like Sheldon Adelson, Lester Crown, and Mortimer Zuckerman and "media personalities" like Fred Hiatt, Charles Krauthammer, Bret Stephens and Martin Peretz.[29]

Last edited:

In April 2010, Mearsheimer delivered the Hisham B. Sharabi Memorial Lecture at the Palestine Center in Washington, DC, which he titled "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners." He argued that "the two-state solution is now a fantasy" because Israel will incorporate the Gaza Strip and the West Bank into a "Greater Israel", which would become an apartheid state. ...
I realize you feel the need to start a new Israel-smear string daily (sometimes several), but there Currently Already is an "aparthied" string at the top of the board in hot debate.

So lets try and control your urge to Dirty Up the board/Jew Bait.
thx

BTW, I am 'for' a 2 state solution.. with trepidation.

Last edited:
Back in 1948, the Palestinians COULD have declared their State in their portion of the Mandate.

While it is no longer possible to turn the clock back, the Palestinians can still declare their State and refuse to allow other Arab nations to USE them as an excuse for disrupting the peace which should be between Palestine and Israel.

This is NOT a matter for Israel or her supporters to decide. And of course, it will not affect the situation in Syria or elsewhere in the slightest.

Hopefully it's this!

rip-tombstone.jpg

I was struck by this John Mearsheimer lecture because it clearly lays out the future if Israel does not accept a free Palestine as the UN vote authorized...

Even on this board we can see the divisions of pro-Israeli posters who hate all things Palestinian to some who would love to see a peaceful solution and co-existence for both peoples.

We should all look inward and try to post peaceful solutions on these threads.

John Mearsheimer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In April 2010, Mearsheimer delivered the Hisham B. Sharabi Memorial Lecture at the Palestine Center in Washington, DC, which he titled "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners." He argued that "the two-state solution is now a fantasy" because Israel will incorporate the Gaza Strip and the West Bank into a "Greater Israel", which would become an apartheid state. This state, according to Mearsheimer, would not be politically viable, most American Jews would not support it, and it would eventually become a democratic bi-national state, politically dominated by its Palestinian majority. He suggested that "American Jews who care deeply about Israel" could be divided into three categories: the "new Afrikaners" who will support Israel even if it is an apartheid state, "righteous Jews," who believe that individual rights are universal, and apply equally to Jews and Palestinians, and the largest group who he called the "great ambivalent middle". He concludes that most of the "great ambivalent middle" would not defend an apartheid Israel because "American Jews are among the staunchest defenders of traditional liberal values" resulting in the "new Afrikaners" becoming increasingly marginalized over time. Mearsheimer stated that he "would classify most of the individuals who head the Israel lobby’s major organizations as "'new Afrikaners'" and specifically listed Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League, David Harris of the American Jewish Committee, Malcolm Hoenlein of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, Ronald Lauder of the World Jewish Congress, Morton Klein of the Zionist Organization of America; as well as "businessmen" like Sheldon Adelson, Lester Crown, and Mortimer Zuckerman and "media personalities" like Fred Hiatt, Charles Krauthammer, Bret Stephens and Martin Peretz.[29]

I love how Jew Haters love and view the Penn and Teller of the Antisemitic world as the word of god. These two fools rely on faulty logic, antisemitic folklore and outright stupidity.

Amazing how people say those Jews have lobbiest therefore they control everything. Well the Arabs have a lot of oil money flooded to their more NUMEROUS lobbiest, yet no one says they control everything. CAIR is FAR more powerful then AIPAC, but the antisemites will ignore that fact.

it's your type of hatred that will doom any chance for peace, and the hate goes well beyond Palestinians and Arabs. I do understand and sympathize with your paranoia when it comes to reasonable debate even when Scholars like Walt and Mearsheimer speak...

Hatred will not save Israel, only peace can.
1. Would you care to Specify/Document my "Hatred"?

2. Mearsheimer is highly biased, controversial, and refuted Clown (no doubt on the same wiki page you cited)

Last edited:
it's your type of hatred that will doom any chance for peace, and the hate goes well beyond Palestinians and Arabs. I do understand and sympathize with your paranoia when it comes to reasonable debate even when Scholars like Walt and Mearsheimer speak...

2. Mearsheimer is highly biased, controversial, and refuted Clown (no doubt on the same wiki page you cited)

Your hatred is seething in your words...You say his best selling scholarly work is biased, what else would we expect from a poster named Abu Afak who calls great and honest scholars clowns who are trying to warn this country about the Terrorism we suffer in part for the abusive Israeli state bent on warring with Islam over their land theft?

Last edited:

Your hatred is seething in your words...You say his best selling scholarly work is biased, what else would we expect from a poster named Abu Afak who calls great and honest scholars clowns who are trying to warn this country about the Terrorism we suffer in part for the abusive Israeli state bent on warring with Islam over their land theft?

Abu 'Afak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I didn't see any hatred is his posts either. You should stop accusing people of posting hatred when you can't back it up, you seem to do it quite often

Pbel: The basis of your every post, the 'thesis' of your arguments, is entirely hate speech:

1) That 'the Jewish lobby controls Congress'

2) That 'Zionism is colonialism'

3) That Israel is a 'rogue nation' or some such

I'm no at all interested in attempting 'discussion' of sensitive topics with ANYONE who insists their hate speech and conspiranutter filth has to be accepted as being factual.

It is NOT factual, it is not accurate - and ANYTHING that follows from your, or Mearsheimer's, or Chumpsky's errant postulates, has got to be false. It's worse than useless: it's actively promoting a distorted world-view and promulgating exactly that kind of hatred you are so amusingly inveighing against.....

Now - whether or not you're interested! - it's about time for me to start making preparation for the two most important religious holidays on my calendar. I'd prefer to make amends for whatever wrongs I've ACTUALLY committed, than to read more of some bigot's pious drivel accusing myself and my people of wrongs which we've neither done nor endorsed........

To all: May we be inscribed and sealed in the book of life, blessing, plenty, health, and wisdom. May our family and friends around us also be sealed. May there be peace in Jerusalem and throughout the entire world.

Pbel: The basis of your every post, the 'thesis' of your arguments, is entirely hate speech:

1) That 'the Jewish lobby controls Congress'

2) That 'Zionism is colonialism'

3) That Israel is a 'rogue nation' or some such

I'm no at all interested in attempting 'discussion' of sensitive topics with ANYONE who insists their hate speech and conspiranutter filth has to be accepted as being factual.

It is NOT factual, it is not accurate - and ANYTHING that follows from your, or Mearsheimer's, or Chumpsky's errant postulates, has got to be false. It's worse than useless: it's actively promoting a distorted world-view and promulgating exactly that kind of hatred you are so amusingly inveighing against.....

Now - whether or not you're interested! - it's about time for me to start making preparation for the two most important religious holidays on my calendar. I'd prefer to make amends for whatever wrongs I've ACTUALLY committed, than to read more of some bigot's pious drivel accusing myself and my people of wrongs which we've neither done nor endorsed........

To all: May we be inscribed and sealed in the book of life, blessing, plenty, health, and wisdom. May our family and friends around us also be sealed. May there be peace in Jerusalem and throughout the entire world.

Bingo Marg, you nailed it

I pray that Israel makes a genuine and sincere offer.

But I will say this: no Israeli homes or infrastructure that was built on stolen Arab private property can be allowed to remain. None.

The only Israeli homes or infrastructure that can be allowed to remain is those that are built on former Jordanian public/state land.

We simply cannot allow the Israelis to get away with theft.

But I will say this: no Israeli homes or infrastructure that was built on stolen Arab private property can be allowed to remain. None.

The only Israeli homes or infrastructure that can be allowed to remain is those that are built on former Jordanian public/state land.

Israel will do whatever Israel wants, and no one can tell her otherwise. Specially you.

Abu 'Afak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I didn't see any hatred is his posts either. You should stop accusing people of posting hatred when you can't back it up, you seem to do it quite often
Let's face it, Toast. All the anti-Semites seem to get their jollies dragging up the same old same old, and this will be dragged up again by one of them. Looks Like Phillip and David Duke have a lot in common since they both appear to like the same people. No doubt these two men whose work Phillip and the other anti-Semites drag up are very popular on the NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites. In fact, it is very easy to Google what Stormfront.com has to say about these two men. The following, however, is from the Washington Post and not one of the hate sites used by the anti-Semites. After all, Phillip should realize that others can have their opinion too here in America, an opinion which doesn't coincide with his.

Eliot A. Cohen - Yes, It's Anti-Semitic

Strange how Miss Hoffstra appears to have no problem with all the property and other assets the Jews had in other Middle East countries which now belongs to Muslims. I wonder if she even cares about all the property and assets which the Hindus had to leave behind when Pakistan was formed. Could it be that she doesn't even care about the property and assets that the Shiites and Ahmadis are leaving behind in Pakistan because they are tired of getting suicide and car bombed?

Strange how Miss Hoffstra appears to have no problem with all the property and other assets the Jews had in other Middle East countries which now belongs to Muslims....

Just like you to LIE about my views.

I have already stated that the Jews from Muslim & Arab lands should be able to return to their former properties. They can sell them and move back to Israel, France, the USA, if they choose to.

Israel will do whatever Israel wants, and no one can tell her otherwise. Specially you.

Yes, we all know very well that Israel doesn't give a shit what the international community, the UN, or even their allies think about their actions.

All they care about is their nationalist and racist goals.

But like Apartheid South Africa & North Korea has shown us, no country is an Island. Israel will either changes its actions or die.

Yes, we all know very well that Israel doesn't give a shit what the international community, the UN, or even their allies think about their actions.

All they care about is their nationalist and racist goals.

But like Apartheid South Africa & North Korea has shown us, no country is an Island. Israel will either changes its actions or die.

Bunch of drivel. Blah blah blah Israel will fall blah blah. Whatever pal.
You obviously know nothing about Apartheid South Africa, since you keep comparing it to Israel.
All you did was jump on the anti - Zionist train and repeat what the others are saying.
Please go on the internet, and instead of trashing Israel all day, od a little research on apartheid South Africa. Go educate yourself instead of spewing the same drek alll daaayy long. Your posts are getting boring

You obviously know nothing about Apartheid South Africa, since you keep comparing it to Israel.
All you did was jump on the anti - Zionist train and repeat what the others are saying.
Please go on the internet, and instead of trashing Israel all day, od a little research on apartheid South Africa. Go educate yourself instead of spewing the same drek alll daaayy long. Your posts are getting boring

Apartheid South Africa was a nation that had a minority population hold power over the majority.

Israel is but a decade away from that reality.

Apartheid South Africa was a nation that had a minority population hold power over the majority.

Israel is but a decade away from that reality.

For 65 years, Israel has been hearing that she will all. And for the next 65 years , we will be hearing the same crap. Get real

For 65 years, Israel has been hearing that she will all. And for the next 65 years , we will be hearing the same crap. Get real

The day the number of Christians and Muslims in Palestine outnumbers the Jews, and yet Jews still rule all the people, Israel becomes an Apartheid State.

that is when YOU have to choose between Fascism and survival.

Cause you can't have both.

Forum List

Back