Sorry About the Length of this But (Teachers' Unions)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

This video documents what we already know about teachers' unions. Talks to the real people, as well as quoting the movers and shakers in the AFT/NEA.

No surprises, but worth a look.

The teachers' unions are, in summary, (1) a cancer on the political landscape, and (2) one of the biggest impediments to actual EDUCATION in the country. Sorry.

While it's regrettably true that public school teacher compensation is abysmal in several pockets of the U.S., collective bargaining is not the answer. FDR was right when he opined that unions were not compatible with public sector employment.

States with Teachers Unions perform better than those who do not.

Unions ensure Teachers are treated fairly and that they are competitively compensated

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
Those states that lowball Teacher compensation and treat them abusively, do not attract the most qualified.

The Students suffer

I’m a teacher, so that’s the source of both my knowledge and my bias.

The fact that teachers are so low-paid shows the failure of the teachers’ unions in their first duty, which is to ensure the highest possible pay and benefits for its members. That’s what the Teamsters do, so Teamster employees are paid well above the market value of their education, skills, and ability.

Teamsters have always been associated with organized crime, but the typical UPS driver or warehouse picker who is a member is not a gangster.

The same holds true for teachers. Most of them are not hard-left activists. Far from it.

Most of them are women whose husband is the primary breadwinner, so they need not be overly concerned with pay raises. Like me, they join the union for benefits such as legal representation in the event of having our certificates threatened by a baseless allegation, or for the insurance, or to be represented when administration wants to take adverse action.

The typical teacher is not a radical adherent of the LBGT-Q Transfascist movement. They generally keep their opinions to themselves, and most often reflect the values of their families, not their union. Many are horrified at the idea of children being steered into the trans industry, but afraid to speak up because both Union and “Management” of the schools has drank deeply from the vat of the Trans-Aid.

Every teacher I know was disgusted by the failures of “online learning,” but none of them were surprised. We all meet in our little Brady Bunch Zoom meeetings and we all knew that we were going to struggle to have the kids learn the basics so that when the madness ended, the kids would not be so hopelessly behind.

States with Teachers Unions perform better than those who do not.

Unions ensure Teachers are treated fairly and that they are competitively compensated

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
Those states that lowball Teacher compensation and treat them abusively, do not attract the most qualified.

The Students suffer
That's why the south has the lowest test scores. It also helps explain why this region is fiercely pro-Trump

That's why the south has the lowest test scores. It also helps explain why this region is fiercely pro-Trump

The south spends its educational dollars on Football Stadiums, fighting CRT and don’t say gay

Academic achievement is not a priority
Hence, low teacher pay

ANYONE can be a teacher

The south spends its educational dollars on Football Stadiums, fighting CRT and don’t say gay

Hence, low teacher pay

ANYONE can be a teacher
In Florida, they are trying to make up a shortage of teachers by hiring veterans to be teachers, and while that may sound noble, just because you are a veteran does not mean you are qualified to teach.

In Florida, they are trying to make up a shortage of teachers by hiring veterans to be teachers, and while that may sound noble, just because you are a veteran does not mean you are qualified to teach.

In the south they think anyone who can read is qualified to teach

Why pay for anything more?

Some of you libtards should take a trip down south and get the stereotype presented by Hollywood out of your pea size brains....

Some of you libtards should take a trip down south and get the stereotype presented by Hollywood out of your pea size brains....

I have traveled throughout the South

What amazed me was the size of the Football Stadiums with wrap around seating, artificial turf, lights, expensive scoreboards…..all in communities I would consider to be poor.

Guess it comes down to your educational priorities

What amazed me was the size of the Football Stadiums with wrap around seating, artificial turf, lights, expensive scoreboards…..all in communities I would consider to be poor.

Friday night high school football is big in the South. That followed by dinner at Denny’s is like the high point of their week.

I’ll take a football stadium over an LGBT-Q indoctrination program.

SO why do you continue to indoctrinate children?
You're a teacher, so you are part of the problem.
My district does not require teachers to indoctrinate children. It’s in Texas (not Austin) for one thing, so that kind of thing isn’t very popular.

Doesn’t mean we don’t have a few agendized people or people who have fallen for the agenda and don’t get what they are doing.

Just this morning we had a parent meeting with a special ed kid who has behavior issues and his mom had CPS called on her and she blames the school.

Anyway, after mom left, our school psychologist starts talking about how the kid might be autistic “on the spectrum” as it’s now called. That’s often the go to for hard to work with kids. As a behavior teacher, I don’t care what label they have, I apply behavioral psychology, not that cognitive theoretical stuff.

So out of the blue, a district counselor says, “sometimes kids who are unhappy with themselves are actually trans and don’t realize it. When they find out they are trans, they are much happier, because now we can help them to deal with it.”

I said, there is no indication he is trans. He looks and acts like boys used to act before schools feminized them and he has a typical 8th grader’s interest in girls. Teachers wonder why we are suspected of grooming. But, it isn’t the people teaching Math and English Language Arts that are coming up with that. It’s the over educated, letters after name, broken people who took psychology to fix themselves.

Hence, low teacher pay

ANYONE can be a teacher

Football stadiums are paid for with funds from ticket sales. You don't know shit about anything!

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and having your points destroyed because you lie or make shit up?

Where did you get your teacher certification?

Football stadiums are paid for with funds from ticket sales. You don't know shit about anything!

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and having your points destroyed because you lie or make shit up?

Where did you get your teacher certification?
Sure they are

But, it isn’t the people teaching Math and English Language Arts that are coming up with that. It’s the over educated, letters after name, broken people who took psychology to fix themselves.
So you're a PE teacher?
Got it.

My district does not require teachers to indoctrinate children. It’s in Texas (not Austin) for one thing, so that kind of thing isn’t very popular.

Doesn’t mean we don’t have a few agendized people or people who have fallen for the agenda and don’t get what they are doing.

Just this morning we had a parent meeting with a special ed kid who has behavior issues and his mom had CPS called on her and she blames the school.

Anyway, after mom left, our school psychologist starts talking about how the kid might be autistic “on the spectrum” as it’s now called. That’s often the go to for hard to work with kids. As a behavior teacher, I don’t care what label they have, I apply behavioral psychology, not that cognitive theoretical stuff.

So out of the blue, a district counselor says, “sometimes kids who are unhappy with themselves are actually trans and don’t realize it. When they find out they are trans, they are much happier, because now we can help them to deal with it.”

I said, there is no indication he is trans. He looks and acts like boys used to act before schools feminized them and he has a typical 8th grader’s interest in girls. Teachers wonder why we are suspected of grooming. But, it isn’t the people teaching Math and English Language Arts that are coming up with that. It’s the over educated, letters after name, broken people who took psychology to fix themselves.
I had a similar situation happen when I was an assistant principal. Mom requested a 504 Plan for her daughter because of behavior issues. The previous year, I taught the young lady in my social studies class so I knew her very well. Mom told the district psychologist that all of her issues were caused by daughter's lesbianism and countless romantic relationships she was having with other girls at school. The teachers and I informed her that she in fact had a boyfriend and they had been inseparable for at least two years.

In this case, the Mom was the psycho, and everyone except her knew it. Mom felt we were indoctrinating her daughter into lesbianism when she was a normal heterosexual young lady. Needless to say, we refused the 504 Plan and made the newspaper and TV reports.

So you're a PE teacher?
Got it.
What if I was? Many of them have more sense than their more academic peers.

It happens that I am a special education teacher with letters after my name (M.S.Ed), but that doesn't mean I know better than anyone else what is best for kids.

Doesn't take a genius to see that being groomed by profiteers of mutilation is in the "not good" category for children.

Forum List

Back