son texting on quad...they are just text zombies

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
IMG_0386.jpg

dont ya just love the redneck helmet

It's true...these kids are never out of touch with each other.

They are the most networked human beings in human history.

I don't know what all this networking will mean for their futures, but surely this phenomena is going to change their world in ways we cannot yet imagine.

I still don't own a cell phone...I am so retro!

And given that I really was one of the pioneers of the internet, it is interesting personally for me to find myself now getting so out of touch with the trends that new technology are bringing to us, too.

Time marches on and some of us find we are staggling behind, just like every generation eventually discovers themselves doing.

I don't know what all this networking will mean for their futures, but surely this phenomena is going to change their world in ways we cannot yet imagine.

And given that I really was one of the pioneers of the internet, it is interesting personally for me to find myself now getting so out of touch with the trends that new technology are bringing to us, too.

Time marches on and some of us find we are staggling behind, just like every generation eventually discovers themselves doing.

True--best of luck to them. I do hope they try to experience some reality while they're alive.

i dont own a cell...but i am learning to text...not well...a lot of times i just send what i got texted and they know its from me.....but i am gonna learn..my sons new phone has a keyboard...you slide it apart and part of its a keyboard

and what the hell is twitter?

True--best of luck to them. I do hope they try to experience some reality while they're alive.

It's ALL reality.

Texting is no less real than FtF.

They're different but they're both REAL.

i dont own a cell...but i am learning to text...not well...a lot of times i just send what i got texted and they know its from me.....but i am gonna learn..my sons new phone has a keyboard...you slide it apart and part of its a keyboard

and what the hell is twitter?

It is a social network, where you can get updates of people in your circle, but the messages are limited to 140 characters. You can be part of an Oprah Twitter or Fox Twitter or you can Twitter among friends. I've never tried it so I don't know what it's like.

It's ALL reality.

Texting is no less real than FtF.

They're different but they're both REAL.

Not really ... the difference is that communication on a personal level (face to face) has a lot more meaning, with texting you can hide yourself, you can say anything without the emotions coming through. People can lie through text 100% of the time, people can avoid confrontation completely (adversity is one of lifes best teachers). There are many more aspects of life that texting takes away. They are isolated in spite of being connected.

oktay people pay a fortune to communicate by any method other than face to face..amazes me...or pick up the damned phone and call

I have to admit that email is great for keeping in touch with the people that you don't want to talk to on a regular basis. I'm just not a phone person. I don't mind meeting face to face, but I don't need to be in constant phone contact with a lot of folks.

I have a theory that lot of people particularly the teenagers want to be feel part of something and texting allows them to feel less alone in what could be a very lonely world.

i am not sure if you are making fun of me or not missourian?

Wouldn't make fun of you Bones...I wan't to live :D. Seriously, I spend a lot more time on the road since the economy went south...I've been submitting all my posts from my Blackberry up to yesterday when i got home. Not as easy as the laptop...but I can post from anywhere.

I deactivated the texting capabilities on my phone because;

A. I have no one that I need to send a text
B. I have no one that I want to send a text
C. I was getting sick and tired of getting stuck with 15 cent charges for unwanted spam texts

Forum List

Back