Someone or something is hacking the site

It must be AVG, just had an update and after I disabled it from working on the browser it quit happening.

Basically what was happening was anything that required a change on the base page worked for about 5 seconds then you got sent to the error page. I disabled what I thought was the ability of AVG to effect my web browser and it continued. SO I assumed since at first it was only happening here ( then it started happening else where) But I missed something.

Clear your catch and cookies... and reboot. That my first line when stuff goes crazy.

It must be AVG, just had an update and after I disabled it from working on the browser it quit happening.

Basically what was happening was anything that required a change on the base page worked for about 5 seconds then you got sent to the error page. I disabled what I thought was the ability of AVG to effect my web browser and it continued. SO I assumed since at first it was only happening here ( then it started happening else where) But I missed something.

It sounds like something on your end, rather than a problem with the site - but I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing.

Sounds like you have a malware that is attempting to redirect your browser.
You should run a full system scan in safe mode.

It sounds like something on your end, rather than a problem with the site - but I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing.

An anal issue?

Clear your catch and cookies... and reboot. That my first line when stuff goes crazy.
I was typing on a thread here, and all of a sudden my computer went crazy for a sec while I am here on this site, then a page jumped up that said I was under attack on my computer (an instant scan started), and then when I tried to do what the instructions said (as if it was my anti-virus program kicking in), it would not respond. I had to turn off my computer in order to get clear of it, and then when I tried to return here again, it jumped up again, where as I had to log off my computer (restart), and then I came back here again, and wa-la it worked this time, but I noticed that I had been logged off of the site (probably because of the re-boot), so I re-logged in and everything seems fine or ok now. That is the first time that has happened to me while on USMB, and the first time my computer had done such a thing as that. I felt like I was under attack from someone on this site who had infiltrated the site in this way maybe, but not sure exactly what happened really.

The more I think about it, it must be a fake page that looks like a virus scan page when it jumps up, and then it shows some viruses detected on your computer, and it ask if you want it to clear these viruses, I clicked yes to clear all found viruses, but when I did that, it went to some other program or window that said either run the program or cancel the program, I tried to cancel, but it wouldn't let me, so this is when I shut down immediately to clear it finally.. I was commenting on something that had been written in a reply to me on a board or thread here, and this is when this page jumped up on me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back