Someone help with this

No it doesn't. Obama and this administration ARE working on THIS. No Conspiracy at all. He made a major campaign Speech about JUST this. Or are you admitting he lied? Are you calling the Senator that said the Senate passed a bill on this LIED? Are you calling Obama's Chief of Staff a LIAR?

Just curious?
No, you're the liar. A voluntary program to serve the community or to create something like a national neighborhood crime watch isn't putting people on the streets with automatic weapons. Ass.
No ... they are already on the streets with automatic weapons ... just trained NOW!
Yep, this definitely belongs in the conspiracy theory forum.

USMB doesn't have enough bandwidth for the smilies I want to use. We have people posting about overthrowing the government and a bunch of you fucking pansies are cranky about youth service?

Let me take this to it's logical extreme: Obama is gonna arm kids 18 - 25 with M4's and put them on the streets to enforce laws after training them for three months? Who indroctinates these kids? This is insane and Rham Emanuel thinks it's funny and blows off questions about it. He obviously thinks these people are gonna do the bidding of Obama.

What he will likely accomplish is to start a civil war.
:cuckoo: This belongs in conspiracy theories.

No it doesn't. Obama and this administration ARE working on THIS. No Conspiracy at all. He made a major campaign Speech about JUST this. Or are you admitting he lied? Are you calling the Senator that said the Senate passed a bill on this LIED? Are you calling Obama's Chief of Staff a LIAR?

Just curious?

I said take it to it's logical extreme, not that it was law now. Liberals always feared the Patriot act because of how it could be used, not how it was used. What's wrong with viewing this bill the same way? Could it be because y'alls messiah wants it instead of Bush?

I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

The budget Obama just signed contained for the formation of a study group on the feasibility of compulsory public service by the young, and older people trained public services such as emergency reaction skills.

The exact services have yet to be defined.

If it smells, looks and sounds like a Nazi Youth organization .....:eusa_whistle:

Recall as well when Obama referred during the campaing to forming a national organization under the government that was comparable to the size of the military

I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

The budget Obama just signed contained for the formation of a study group on the feasibility of compulsory public service by the young, and older people trained public services such as emergency reaction skills.

If it smells, looks and sounds like a Nazi Youth organization .....:eusa_whistle:

Recall as well when Obama referred during the campaing to forming a national organization under the government that was comparable to the size of the military

Further he stated the intent was to create a force able to COUNTER the military and function in its stead. But usable in the States.

USMB doesn't have enough bandwidth for the smilies I want to use. We have people posting about overthrowing the government and a bunch of you fucking pansies are cranky about youth service?

Some feel it could be indoctrination, Di. Kind of like what the Nazi's did with their youth. Who really knows?

I can't believe it took so long for anyone to say it, and I was preparing my post about Hitler Youth when I ran across yours.

It's EXACTLY like.
"Nazi education schemes part fitted in with this but Hitler wanted to occupy the minds of the young in Nazi Germany even more.

Movements for youngsters were part of German culture and the Hitler Youth had been created in the 1920's. By 1933 its membership stood at 100,000. After Hitler came to power, all other youth movements were abolished and as a result the Hitler Youth grew quickly."
::The Hitler Youth::

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the Future!
-- Adolf Hitler, speech at the Reichsparteitag, 1935

Do you mean the GIVE Act?

A passage contained in section 6104 of the original House version entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed.” This language has been dropped from the version passed by the Senate.

However, Section 120 of the bill discusses the “Youth Engagement Zone Program” and states that “service learning” will be “a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.” This part remains in the version passed by the Senate.

Senate Rubber Stamps National Enslavement Bill

(If you click on the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act link in the article, it brings up the entire bill.)

'Mandatory volunteerism'? No I am not ok with this. In his campaigning he also stated he wanted a civilian national security force. No I am not ok with this. Are they one in the same? No I am not ok with this.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.html

Last edited:

Further he stated the intent was to create a force able to COUNTER the military and function in its stead. But usable in the States.
He who? Link?

Die Obama Jugend. Jawohl!!! :eek:

Das Obama Volks .....Herr Obersturmfuhrer

es muss Geschlechts- und Altersneutrale person sein ..... weg von Reausbildung kampiert mit Ihnen .....

:cuckoo: This belongs in conspiracy theories.

Just curious?
No, you're the liar. A voluntary program to serve the community or to create something like a national neighborhood crime watch isn't putting people on the streets with automatic weapons. Ass.

he stated he wanted it as well trained and equiped as our military.....what would one do with such a thing......

Just curious?

he stated he wanted it as well trained and equiped as our military.....what would one do with such a thing......
Link?

America must also balance and integrate all elements of our national power. We cannot continue to push the burden on to our military alone, nor leave dormant any aspect of the full arsenal of American capability. And that's why my administration is committed to renewing diplomacy as a tool of American power, and to developing our civilian national security capabilities. This effort takes place within the walls of this university, where civilians sit alongside soldiers in the classroom. And it must continue out in the field, where American civilians can advance opportunity, enhance governance and the rule of law, and attack the causes of war around the world. We have to enlist our civilians in the same way that we enlist those members of the armed services in understanding this broad mission that we have.

Obama pays tribute to Lincoln, again - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

The anticipation of the next Ravi post...it's almost better than sex...ALMOST.

Rav must have just "lost" this thread in the clusterfuck.

Surely she has a reasoned response to the issue at hand..

Let me take this to it's logical extreme: Obama is gonna arm kids 18 - 25 with M4's and put them on the streets to enforce laws after training them for three months? Who indroctinates these kids? This is insane and Rham Emanuel thinks it's funny and blows off questions about it. He obviously thinks these people are gonna do the bidding of Obama.

What he will likely accomplish is to start a civil war.

This is about power and control. This is about having "ground troops" available to make political points. This is not about arming civilian however. Picture the SA in Nazi Germany. You will have a politically indoctrinated cadre of people whom you will shuttle from one place to another to chant, to make demonstrations, to rally, to make shows of "helping 'der volk,'" this is not new, nor is this old and unused in current times.

Putin uses the same forces:
Thousands of young Russians are spending part of the summer at a camp run by a pro-Kremlin youth group northwest of Moscow.

The group offers standard summer camp fare like singing and swimming, but participants are also required to attend lectures about the greatness of President Vladimir Putin, which some observers say is reminiscent of the Young Pioneer camps of the Soviet Union.
NPR Story on Pro-Putin youth groups

Uncle Hugo Chavez has his:
Marcel Granier, president of the company that owns Radio Caracas Television, has urged authorities to take action against the pro-government group known as “La Piedrita,” after he was openly threatened by its founder, El Universal reports.

Report on La Piedrita

And soon, so will Obama have his group of ideological street thugs. Maybe some of you will be among the first.

Volunteers are NOT draftees.

I am failing to see a problem here.

Hmmmm.....so if Dick Cheney wanted to set up a civilian group to "help" serve America and posited that they would be as well funded and trained as the military. An all-volunteer force. You would still see no problem? Or is this a non-ideological blindness you've contracted?

Forum List

Back