Someone help with this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Captain Ron, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Captain Ron

Captain Ron Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Good question, I keep hearing about this but so far there is damn little out as far as the nuts and bolts on how it will work. Given how poorly the public schools have done in carrying out their attempts to make us all card carrying leftists, I'm not sure exactly how well this will work or even if it is possible for it to work.

Germany is one Place the US is quite another.

3. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100

I too, have heard something about this several monthas ago.
    I tell you what I did hear, was a group of students who had some kind of pro Obama chant. That did sound like a paramilitary group. It did send a red flag up for me when I heard it.

4. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    That was the whole damn election campaign for Obama.

5. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    [​IMG]

Ring any bells

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The budget Obama just signed contained for the formation of a study group on the feasibility of compulsory public service by the young, and older people trained public services such as emergency reaction skills.

The exact services have yet to be defined.

If it smells, looks and sounds like a Nazi Youth organization .....:eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Possibly the scariest stuff being considered.

8. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Die Obama Jugend. Jawohl!!! :eek:

9. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    This is the letter I received from my senator today. It looks like so much gobbledy-gook, but appears to be the official line they're handing out. It sure would have been nice had the letter actually answered my question which was, "Have you actually read the U.S Constitution and can you show me where in that document the federal government is empowered to regulate and fund volunteerism?".

March 31, 2009

Dear ,

Thanks for getting in touch with me and letting me know what's on your mind regarding national and community service.

In March 2009, the Senate voted 79 - 19 to pass the Serve America Act, which extends and expands domestic service opportunities and sets the goal of creating opportunities for 250,000 volunteers over the next five years. These volunteers will use service work to address challenges such as tackling the dropout crisis and strengthening our schools, improving energy efficiency and safeguarding the environment.

I voted for the Serve America Act because it will help empower those who wish to serve their community through volunteering at the state or local level. National and community service has a long and proud tradition in the fabric of America. I am glad that we are improving and expanding the opportunities for voluntary service, and I am particularly pleased that we are expanding the ability of Teach for America - a program in which recent college graduates commit two years to teach in inner-city and rural public schools - to participate in our nation's schools through the new Education Corps.

I have heard from many Tennesseans expressing their concerns that these programs will create a mandatory service requirement. In our country, no one is compelled to give service and this bill will not change that. All service will be strictly voluntary. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know where you stand and I'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as these issues are debated here in Washington and Tennessee.

Sincerely,

Lamar

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    What Rahm Emanuel has to say about it:

Eyeblast.tv

Wake up and smell the tea!!!