Some wise words from Kanye West, believe it or not..

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Kanye West: 'I Understand' How President George W. Bush Feels

After Bush reveals the 'worst moment' of his presidency was when the rapper called him racist, West -- who faced the same criticism after ambushing Taylor Swift -- says he's "more open now."

Kanye West says he feels for George W. Bush, who writes in his new memoir that the worst moment of his presidency was when the rapper called him a racist for his slow reaction to Hurricane Katrina.

"I definitely can understand the way he feels, to be accused of being a racist in any way, because the same thing happened to me, you know, I got accused of being a racist," West said Wednesday in an interview with Houston radio station 97.9 (via Gawker), referring to his infamous ambush of Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV VMAs.

"I definitely can understand the way he feels, to be accused of being a racist in any way, because the same thing happened to me," West says.

"For both situations, it was basically a lack of compassion that America saw in that situation," continued West. "With him, it was a lack of compassion of him not rushing, him not taking the time to rush down to New Orleans. For me, it was a lack of compassion of cutting someone off in their moment.

"But nonetheless, I think we're all quick to pull a race card in America," West went on. "And now I'm more open, and the poetic justice that I feel, to have went through the same thing that he went [through]-and now I really more connect with him on just a humanitarian level.

Kanye West: 'I Understand' How President George W. Bush Feels - The Hollywood Reporter

And really..this amounts to a hill of beans, why?

I was pretty shocked that President Bush even mentioned Kayne West.

Maybe in US text-books it will be different, but for the world Bush will be remembered as the representative of the Bible Belt and the Christian fundamentalist who started a war against all rationality and who accelerated the US's retreat from its invulnerable position as the sole Superpower.

And really..this amounts to a hill of beans, why?

I was pretty shocked that President Bush even mentioned Kayne West.

Maybe because he's a human being. And, as a non racist, to be publicly called a racist in such a public way must have been very hurtful for him.

I respect Kayne for understanding how stupid he was to say it.

Maybe in US text-books it will be different, but for the world Bush will be remembered as the representative of the Bible Belt and the Christian fundamentalist who started a war against all rationality and who accelerated the US's retreat from its invulnerable position as the sole Superpower.
Bush should go down as the one of the worst presidents in Americas history. :evil:

Bush should go down as the one of the worst presidents in Americas history. :evil:

I doubt that he will. I doubt he'll ever be top 10, but he won't be among the worst.... simply because he wasn't.

I doubt that he will. I doubt he'll ever be top 10, but he won't be among the worst.... simply because he wasn't.
Exactly, what major thing did he accomplish during his 8 years?

I don't know if you knew this or not, but Kanye West wrote a "book." I put "book" in sarcastic, douchey, Internet quotes because I don't know if something is technically a book if it's 52 occasionally blank pages with gems like "Get use to getting used!" taking up full pages. (As a quick sidebar to people who publish crappy, poorly-written books, I'd like to point out that mybook,Holla Atta Bitch: The Gentleman's Guide to Snaggin' Skanky Blonde Hoodrats is still shockingly without a publisher. I await your fat bag of money with a dollar sign.)

Forum List

Back