Some of My Favorite Bible Verses - Paraphrased

I just can't bring myself to engage with someone who is befouling the Word. When I do, it seems to agitate them to new heights of blasphemy, and I end up feeling guilty.

You're right. Although "dicks" was more a playful insult akin to "jerk" in California, I should have considered that it could be very offensive to many people.
I have changed it in the OP.
I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended.

It's not just the use of the word dick. It's your misinterpretations and your offhand way of treating it. As if you are qualified to *translate* the word...particularly since you neither believe it's holy, nor appear to be interested in commuting the true meaning of the words. You want to bastardize it to suit yourself, and to change the meaning, to demean it and make it less than what it is. And that is blasphemy.

The Beatitudes are my favorite teaching of Jesus.

Matthew 5:3-12 - The Beatitudes
Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (NIV)

Last edited:
I've taken you off ignore to see if you can actually have a discussion without sling petty insults. We'll see.

I know a bit. I had to study the Big Three Codexes in school. Sinaiticus, Vaticanus and Alexandricanus. Obviously we also went through the Latin Vulgate, the Wyclyffe Bible (talk about a weird way to get excommunicated!) KJV and so on.

You sling insults, I sling them back, and you cry about it. Stop posting idiotic stuff and no one will call you idiotic.

So now you lie again. Just as before. You're lying. 1 No insult was posted. I might disagree with people but you go out of your way to seek conflict. So why bother with people like you?

Actually, I was thinking of Mark 10:42 but i could see where you came up with that. I certainly could have made it clearer. Of course, I sought only discussion whereas it seems you and a few others seek only conflict and excuse to criticize. The evidence of this would be the fact that you have only contradicted and criticized - which anyone can do.

See what I mean about petty insults?

Again you lie. No insult was tendered. 2 You're becoming boring already but I'll finish this post before shaking the dust off my feet.

Tell me something, why would Jesus tell his followers to treat people who say he did not come in the flesh as the greatest among them? He obviously wouldn't, would he?

I do not seek conflict, I just don't hide from it. If you actually sought discussion you wouldn't run away when it is offered. More than once I actually pointed out the fact that the stuff you post is logically null, just like this example is, and you run away because it hurts your head. What am I supposed to do when you are so far wrong it doesn't even make sense, pat you on the head and tell you what a good boy you are?

Hmmm. You have the ability to tell people how you think they are wrong. How unusual and interesting. Not.

Don't complain when I contradict and criticize you, it could be worse.

"It could be worse" is the best you've got? Hmmm. You and Koshergirl come into virtually every thread - every one, with nothing but petty insults and contradiction for anyone with differing ideology. You seem unable to help yourselves. It's simply a dominate part of your personalities. Show me the threads where you've written this to someone of differing ideology:
"I apologize."
You haven't. You don't have that kind of character. Prove me wrong? Nope. You won't because you can't. Make excuses and dodge? Predictible.

I don't hate anyone, it doesn't line up with the teachings of Christ as I understand them. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for me to think I should love people I hate.

The day I start hating anyone because they are gay, or even because they are Muslim, feel free to call me on it. Until then, accept the fact that I happen to be right here, loving the people who are trying to do you harm is what Jesus was talking about.

Nope. You're wrong again. As a matter of fact, that's just plain stupid. You actually think God wants you to love the people who are trying to kill you but not love say, the Liberal Democrats (yes, your dodge on that was obvious) who live next door? So you should love enemies but not..... thy neighbor? Like I said, you seek conflict and will say things that are just plain stupid to back up your conflict. It's obvious this gives you some weird kind of gratification. You and Koshergirl are SO not worth paying attention to. I would suggest you get away from the boards for a while.
Come back when you can find just as much to compliment about people as you can to criticize. That's always easy for me because there are people here - both Libdem and ConservaRepub who have much contribute that is worthwhile.
You two would not fall in that category.
The difference betweein your petty bs and what I am saying is simple. I can prove what I say. I can show tons of posts in which I compliment and / acknowledge those with differing views, admit I'm wrong or that I don't know everything (or even much!) on a particular subject and have even apologized when I have err'd.
Neither of you two can do the same.
What does that tell everyone seeing your posts?
The answer is obvious.
Like I said, dust.

I bet you can't find a single example of that in the Bible. Not only did he publicly interact with the Scribes and the Pharisees, he even ate with them. (Luke 7:36) He allowed prostitutes and thieves to follow him around, and he took a man he knew would betray him as a disciple.

You were so busy looking for conflict, you missed the obvious clue: "shake the dust from the sandals (or feet, depending on translation)". Not to mention Pontius Pilate. Not just one but two examples right there. Will you admit I was right and you were wrong? Of course not.

Like I said before, if you stop throwing around insults every fracking time you post I won't throw them back. Just ask Cenotaph if I can argue a position, and even convince a guy that knows to his core that he is right that he is actually wrong,

Oh gee, a guy who thinks he's always right. How terribly unimpressive and indicative of a weak ego. You are nothing and impress no one by convincing other people they're wrong. Show me the post where you admit you are wrong - to a Liberal Democrat. Then you'll have something worth talking about. Lemme guess: you're never wrong. That won't be coming any time soon.

The problem here is not me, it is you. I treat your opinions with the contempt they deserve when they deserve and you take it as a personal insult.

nah. The problem is you never seek to exchange ideas and learn - just to try to satisfy your weak little ego by attmepting to prove you're always right about everything. My ego is strong enough to do exactly that - and often.
But you're one up on KosherGirl. She won't even address points. ALL she has is petty insults and foul language that make her look like she just stepped out of the trailer park.

Did I say it was easy? I have no reason to forgive gays, or Muslims, unless they try to hurt me, and then I will do it because I know the alternative is worse than anything they can do.

By the way, I don't find ideas or attitudes offensive,I find stupidity offensive.

That's okay. I fin stupiddity offensive too. I also find weak egos and a complete lack of character pitiful.

Did you read what you were typing when you replied to this post? You think me contradicting and criticizing your point of view is wrong, yet you are now saying that does not mean you think I am screwed up simply because I contradict and criticize you.

Ah. So I never said you are screwed up. Another lie. 4
I guess that's just your opinion then. Well I won't argue with you, then.

Want to try and explain that one?

No, you specifically said don't point your finger at people and think your sins are better than theirs.

Still want to know how that stacks up to 1 Cor 6, or is that part of the Bible you discard?

OMG you still can't figure it out? And see here's the thing. You probably have at least an average IQ so your inability to fathom the obvious is so much a condition as a choice. I explained that you cite the wrong verse and now you well, you're just you.
BTW, Corinthians has to do with UNBELIEVERS and lawsuits. i would go into it more but again, time to shake the dust off my feet.

Once again, you toss around insults, but when someone points out that you are being self righteous you pretend they are the ones that are crazy.

Project much? Where did I write "you are crazy". Another lie. 5.
But again, if that is your opinion of yourself, who am I to argue?

Not quite sure why you think a verse urging you to dedicate every part of your life to God means go for your goals.

Hmmm. Seek SOMETHING to argue with, are you? Yeah. Kinda obvious. "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart!" Yeah I could see where that would be confusing for you.

You realize of course, the Bible you have at home, HAS been added to, subtracted from in a BIG way and altered radically?
Oh wait. That was just a petty jab, wasn't it?

You claim you studied the codexes, so you realize, of course, that that quote applies to Revelations, not the Bible.

You're so intent on petty conflict, you now dispute that Revelation is part of the modern Protestant Bible? Seriously? What other books in The Bible are not part of the Bible, when you're seeking conflict? Footdust.

Or was that just a petty jab?

So that's the substance you have to offer? Basically, you spent the whole thread trying to find things to contradict and ended with a petty jab. How predictable.

I didn't try things to contradict, I pointed out what you got wrong. That is what happens in a debate. One person makes a statement, the other person tries to prove him wrong. The problem here is your idea of a discussion is that everyone should bow to your brilliance because you are so obviously right that only an idiot could disagree with you, which allows you to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as an idiot.

No. I never said you're an idiot. Another lie. 6
But again, who am I to argue with your opinion of yourself?
I can disagree with people in a civil manner. But you're simply not interesting enough to bother with. Your smallness of character is evident by the fact you will not show this:

Where are the posts, where you've said that you are wrong and a LibDem was right (oh wait! You're ALWAYS right! LOL!) .
Show me the post where you've apologized to someon of strongly opposing views.
You don't have that kind of strength or character. Footdust.

A bit of circular reasoning there, but I am sure you have no problem rationalizing it. (FYI, that was a jab.)

On the other hand, I have addressed everything you've posted directly - no dodges and without personal insult or attack.

That was funny.

How was your casual dismissal of my entire post as nothing but trying to contradict you not dodging what I am saying?

I addressed your points one by one. However my casual dismissal of you for conversation is that you're negative and rarely interesting. You pat yourself on the back saying "Hey, I was right about something!" That is another difference between us.
I am glad when I can say "Hey I learned something!" Why would I spend time with people like you? There is nothing unique or worthwhile about a contrarian who contributes little, learns nothing, insults often and acknowledges nothing? Not exactly hard to find.

And I should not have you on ignore because you offer such great contribution and insight? Because it's obvious from your threads you're such a positive person? Honestly, I'm not seeing it. You still seem to be the same contrarian you always were. There are a lot of people here I've actually LEARNED from and exchanged great ideas with. Why interact with people who are always negative?
Well let's see what happens.

Tell me something, how did I manage to convince a gay person that know he did not choose to be gay that the science does not back him up if nothing I post has any insight?

Wow. You convinced someone you were right about something on a chat board. How impressed you must be with yourself!

Your problem with me is actually rather simple, I am an arrogant prick,

Again, I can't argue with your opinion of yourself.

just like you, and it annoys you, Not only that, it really annoys you that you do not annoy me back.

And yet you whined about being on ignore. Although I do agree with your opinion of yourself.
There are alwyas people who will justify who they are by trying to project that low opinion of themselves on others. Notice how you are the only one in this thread who has been doing that? Um yeah. That.

Jesus took a whip to the people he saw defiling the Temple, he insulted the religious and political caste of his day, he even disrespected people in their own homes. What, exactly, is your beef with me again? That I don't treat your ideas with respect?[/QUOTE]

No. You're simply not interesting. How hard is it to find people on the internet who think they are right about everything and never admit they're wrong or apologize? Well gee yeah, that's a tough one.
I find people who exchange ideas, engage in civil debate. don't pretend to be experts on everything, can admit when they're wrong and apolgize when they've done wrong - in other words, people of character, interesting.
You simply don't fall in that category.
Sorry. I gave you a chance. You came up short.
I would suggest you interact a lot with KosherGirl and RDean. Birds of a feather and all...

Last edited:
I just can't bring myself to engage with someone who is befouling the Word. When I do, it seems to agitate them to new heights of blasphemy, and I end up feeling guilty.

You're right. Although "dicks" was more a playful insult akin to "jerk" in California, I should have considered that it could be very offensive to many people.

It's not just the use of the word dick. It's your misinterpretations and your offhand way of treating it. As if you are qualified to *translate* the word...particularly since you neither believe it's holy, nor appear to be interested in commuting the true meaning of the words. You want to bastardize it to suit yourself, and to change the meaning, to demean it and make it less than what it is. And that is blasphemy.

yeah yeah yeah, same old BS. You project opinions onto me that aren't true. You dodge simple questions baout anything you've posted. You tell others what they think and do. If you EVER posted on the topic or offered anything of substance, instead of lame excuses, who knows? as it is, you're just too boring to bother with.

yeah yeah yeah, same old BS. You project opinions onto me that aren't true. You dodge simple questions baout anything you've posted. You tell others what they think and do. If you EVER posted on the topic or offered anything of substance, instead of lame excuses, who knows? as it is, you're just too boring to bother with.

Ironic post of the day.

This is why you won't find anyone willing to debate the bible with you. You're an arrogant, ignorant yahoo who doesn't know the first thing about the bible, or about debate.

The Beatitudes are my favorite teaching of Jesus.

Great stuff. I reall didn't understand a LOT of what they said until we studied them in college.

Matthew 5:3-12 - The Beatitudes
Blessed are the poor in spirit,

This is one that confused me right off the bat. The Aramaic translation goes "Blessed by the Spirit are the poor... A lot of theologians conjecture as to whether this means poor financially or whether it means "humble" - which basically just meant 'teachable" back then.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

"Meek" is one that really bothered and confused me as well! The Aramaic meaning of the word was nothing like our meaning. I forget exactly but it was along the lines of gentle, patient and forgiving.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.

Confession time: I used to think Peacemakers applied to cops because of some movie or something I saw as a kid :lol:

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (NIV)

I'm glad I saw your post! I almost missed it because there's often so much negativity here, it's easy to miss the better posts and get caught up in the petty BS. "Ignore" is a wonderful tool to keep my focus where it should be. :eusa_angel:

So I love that you actually posted verses you like and who could argue with your choice?

Do you have a favorite among them?

Last edited:
Two posters famous for shitting on Christians, Christianity and the bible debating their favorite biblical verses.

You can't make this up.

So now you lie again. Just as before. You're lying. 1 No insult was posted. I might disagree with people but you go out of your way to seek conflict. So why bother with people like you?

I throw around enough insults to know one when I see one. Tell you what, lets take a poll and find out which of us is right, you, who claim not to use insults, or me, who claims you do. Maybe you would learn something.

Again you lie. No insult was tendered. 2 You're becoming boring already but I'll finish this post before shaking the dust off my feet.

Look at that, another insult.

Want to tell me again I am lying?

Hmmm. You have the ability to tell people how you think they are wrong. How unusual and interesting. Not.

Nothing unusual about it at all. The part I enjoy is how you are actually unable to tell people how you think you are right. Is the reason for that congenital, or are you simple to intelligent for us normal people to understand, like Obama thinks he is?

"It could be worse" is the best you've got? Hmmm. You and Koshergirl come into virtually every thread - every one, with nothing but petty insults and contradiction for anyone with differing ideology. You seem unable to help yourselves. It's simply a dominate part of your personalities. Show me the threads where you've written this to someone of differing ideology:
"I apologize."
You haven't. You don't have that kind of character. Prove me wrong? Nope. You won't because you can't. Make excuses and dodge? Predictible.

It is far from the best, which is why you should be happy. If I treated you with the condescension you throw at everyone who calls you on your attitude you would end up as a pile of mewling flesh, just like Loki after Hulk finished using him as a fly swatter.

Nope. You're wrong again. As a matter of fact, that's just plain stupid. You actually think God wants you to love the people who are trying to kill you but not love say, the Liberal Democrats (yes, your dodge on that was obvious) who live next door? So you should love enemies but not..... thy neighbor? Like I said, you seek conflict and will say things that are just plain stupid to back up your conflict. It's obvious this gives you some weird kind of gratification. You and Koshergirl are SO not worth paying attention to. I would suggest you get away from the boards for a while.
Come back when you can find just as much to compliment about people as you can to criticize. That's always easy for me because there are people here - both Libdem and ConservaRepub who have much contribute that is worthwhile.
You two would not fall in that category.
The difference betweein your petty bs and what I am saying is simple. I can prove what I say. I can show tons of posts in which I compliment and / acknowledge those with differing views, admit I'm wrong or that I don't know everything (or even much!) on a particular subject and have even apologized when I have err'd.
Neither of you two can do the same.
What does that tell everyone seeing your posts?
The answer is obvious.
Like I said, dust.

Funny, I don't recall saying anything like that. For the mentally challenged among us, what I said is that hate is not something I engage in. I love my enemies, and people like you fall quite resoundingly into that category. After all, you insult me, curse me, and even try to persecute me by mocking everything I believe, all without once trying to justify your own position.

All I have to say is, if you can fracking prove what you say, why are you insulting me? If you really love people you want to hate, why are you going out of your way to make yourself look like an idiot when you talk to me?

The people with differing views you are nice to are the ones who are nice to you. I, on the other hand, treat people the way I want them to treat me. If I say something stupid, I want them to fracking get up in my face and challenge me. Force me to defend my position and prove that I can handle the heat.

You, on the other hand, obviously prefer people to ignore you.

You were so busy looking for conflict, you missed the obvious clue: "shake the dust from the sandals (or feet, depending on translation)". Not to mention Pontius Pilate. Not just one but two examples right there. Will you admit I was right and you were wrong? Of course not.

No, asshole, I did not. That was Jesus's instrictions to the disciples he sent out to spread his word. If they refused to accept them and listen to them, and that was supposed to be used as a testimony against the people who rejected the Gospel. The simple fact here is that, unless you can prove that Jesus told you this about 2000 years ago, it does not apply to you.

Oh gee, a guy who thinks he's always right. How terribly unimpressive and indicative of a weak ego. You are nothing and impress no one by convincing other people they're wrong. Show me the post where you admit you are wrong - to a Liberal Democrat. Then you'll have something worth talking about. Lemme guess: you're never wrong. That won't be coming any time soon.

Nope, just a guy who thinks he is smarter than you, which is not a very high bar.

Tell you what, if I can find a post where I told a liberal I was wrong will you leave the board, because I can find a few of them. One of them this week.

nah. The problem is you never seek to exchange ideas and learn - just to try to satisfy your weak little ego by attmepting to prove you're always right about everything. My ego is strong enough to do exactly that - and often.
But you're one up on KosherGirl. She won't even address points. ALL she has is petty insults and foul language that make her look like she just stepped out of the trailer park.

That was hilarious.

I tried to learn from you, and you never once explained anything. You state your positions as facts, and expect everyone to simply accept them. You occasionally acknowledge that other people make sense, but you never change your mind, even when presented with overwhelming evidence you are wrong.

Yet I am the one that will not learn.

That's okay. I fin stupiddity offensive too. I also find weak egos and a complete lack of character pitiful.

You should get over your self loathing.

Ah. So I never said you are screwed up. Another lie. 4
I guess that's just your opinion then. Well I won't argue with you, then.

You also never said you are smarter, more righteous, and a better man than me, that doesn't mean you did not imply all of them

OMG you still can't figure it out? And see here's the thing. You probably have at least an average IQ so your inability to fathom the obvious is so much a condition as a choice. I explained that you cite the wrong verse and now you well, you're just you.
BTW, Corinthians has to do with UNBELIEVERS and lawsuits. i would go into it more but again, time to shake the dust off my feet.

Tell me something, how is you not explaining something a fault in my character, intellect, or ability to understand something?

Project much? Where did I write "you are crazy". Another lie. 5.
But again, if that is your opinion of yourself, who am I to argue?

Projecting would be insulting you and insisting I am not, and then insisting that you are the one doing the insulting. Since we have both established that I throw insults around I am obviously not the one projecting in this discussion.

Hmmm. Seek SOMETHING to argue with, are you? Yeah. Kinda obvious. "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart!" Yeah I could see where that would be confusing for you.

Oh, I understand now, you throw out the part where it says "As to the Lord, not unto men."

My bad.

You're so intent on petty conflict, you now dispute that Revelation is part of the modern Protestant Bible? Seriously? What other books in The Bible are not part of the Bible, when you're seeking conflict? Footdust.

Where did I say the Book of the Revelation from Jesus is not part of the Bible?

Idiot.

No. I never said you're an idiot. Another lie. 6
But again, who am I to argue with your opinion of yourself?
I can disagree with people in a civil manner. But you're simply not interesting enough to bother with. Your smallness of character is evident by the fact you will not show this:

Where are the posts, where you've said that you are wrong and a LibDem was right (oh wait! You're ALWAYS right! LOL!) .
Show me the post where you've apologized to someon of strongly opposing views.
You don't have that kind of strength or character. Footdust.

Actually, the lie here is you saying I said you called me an idiot. What I said was your attitude says everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

I addressed your points one by one. However my casual dismissal of you for conversation is that you're negative and rarely interesting. You pat yourself on the back saying "Hey, I was right about something!" That is another difference between us.
I am glad when I can say "Hey I learned something!" Why would I spend time with people like you? There is nothing unique or worthwhile about a contrarian who contributes little, learns nothing, insults often and acknowledges nothing? Not exactly hard to find.

Just like you did here where I asked you specifically what you meant, and you replied the answer is obvious? And you want me to believe you don't think you are smarter than everyone else.

I am not the idiot you think I am.

Wow. You convinced someone you were right about something on a chat board. How impressed you must be with yourself!

Still can't actually address the question, so you toss out an insult.

Again, I can't argue with your opinion of yourself.

Yet you continue to do so,

And yet you whined about being on ignore. Although I do agree with your opinion of yourself.
There are alwyas people who will justify who they are by trying to project that low opinion of themselves on others. Notice how you are the only one in this thread who has been doing that? Um yeah. That.

If I whined about you having me on ignore I would have started threads about it. What I did was mock you when you told others how smart you are, and how you are always willing to debate anyone.

It was fun, and got me a few reps from people that routinely neg whiners.

No. You're simply not interesting. How hard is it to find people on the internet who think they are right about everything and never admit they're wrong or apologize? Well gee yeah, that's a tough one.
I find people who exchange ideas, engage in civil debate. don't pretend to be experts on everything, can admit when they're wrong and apolgize when they've done wrong - in other words, people of character, interesting.
Tell me something, is this you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE"]Dos Equis - The Most Interesting Man In The World - YouTube[/ame]

Is this about you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g"]Carly Simon - You're So Vain - YouTube[/ame]

What the frack makes you think you are interesting enough for me to be interesting?

You simply don't fall in that category.
Sorry. I gave you a chance. You came up short.
I would suggest you interact a lot with KosherGirl and RDean. Birds of a feather and all...

I am not the short one, but I do appreciate your attempt to paint yourself as the bigger man.

I laughed.

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4zfsy6rsM"]Dos Equis: The Most Interesting Man In The World (Spring 2010) - YouTube[/ame]

LOL! Perfect!

God I love the ignore feature! :)

I suppose that it's easier to avoid challenging your viewpoint that way.

I will let you know, your method of responses make it difficult to read your responses. I don't want to take the time to look through my response and try to figure out what you are trying to say. I did catch one though. You asked where you called anyone a dick. I note, you've since editted the post.

* Self-righteous people are <okay fine, edited> Jerks! Vipers! (My apologies to those who were offended).

I dont really care that you said something that crude, though Id much prefer you didn't. However, my point was pointing out that calling some a S%*#head wasnt much more spiritual than calling them a dick. You called a group of people you determine are self righteous are dicks. And I know you dont have a scriptural citation for that one. That's purely you.

The rest, i didnt bother reading. I have more important things to do that trying to separate what you said with what I said.

In the beginning there was nothing, then the Lord said "Let there be light" an there was still nothing, 'cept you could see it -- Dave Thomas skit from Second City TV

God I love the ignore feature! :)

I suppose that it's easier to avoid challenging your viewpoint that way.

I will let you know, your method of responses make it difficult to read your responses. I don't want to take the time to look through my response and try to figure out what you are trying to say. I did catch one though. You asked where you called anyone a dick. I note, you've since editted the post.

* Self-righteous people are <okay fine, edited> Jerks! Vipers! (My apologies to those who were offended).

I dont really care that you said something that crude, though Id much prefer you didn't. However, my point was pointing out that calling some a S%*#head wasnt much more spiritual than calling them a dick. You called a group of people you determine are self righteous are dicks.

And I know you dont have a scriptural citation for that one. That's purely you.

I came not for the righteous but for the sinners.

The rest, i didnt bother reading. I have more important things to do that trying to separate what you said with what I said.

Well much of you write is very valid and I respect your views and the way you present them. Again, I tend to be happy and light-hearted by nature so the levity was not meant as an affront. I just happen to think God has a sense of humor! The giraffe is evidence of this.
However, while I can discuss serious subjects and still have fun, I appreciate that there are people who view religion as something to be viewed with only the most serious of attitudes.
So I have learned from this thread, corrected the mistake and will be more sensitive to that aspect in the future.

As far as the "Self-Righteous people are (let's go with) Jerks!" thing, I didn't reference or even imply anyone here. I didn't imply any group by political ideology or anything that would specify, as I have seen Self-righteousness from Libs, Conservs, Libertarians, Mods etc... You name it, there's a few of everything in a group.
I just wrote "Self-righteous people". So contrary to what you write, I made no determination as to who qualifies for that moniker at all.
I do believe there was one poster who just assumed that applied to herself and another who labeled himself an "arrogant prick" but how people view themselves is not my responsibility.
So.
Got any favorite verses?

How on earth do you translate "I came not for the righteous, but for the sinners" into "Self-righteous people are dicks"?

The two arent anything alike.

And it doesn't matter if you specify who deserves that moniker or not. You're still calling a group of people dicks. I don't see how that is conducive to spirituality any more than calling someone or a group of someones s*&$heads.

I also am not sure how that shows love for them. Now, im sure there is a way to say that with love. I just dont know that it's immediately apparent or will ever be interpreted by those who hear it as love.

I've got lots of favorite verses. In fact, I have one i learned recently depsite having read Proverbs a number of times. Still not sure how i missed it before:

He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor. (Proverbs 14:31)

How on earth do you translate "I came not for the righteous, but for the sinners" into "Self-righteous people are dicks"?

The two arent anything alike.

And it doesn't matter if you specify who deserves that moniker or not. You're still calling a group of people dicks. I don't see how that is conducive to spirituality any more than calling someone or a group of someones s*&$heads.

I also am not sure how that shows love for them. Now, im sure there is a way to say that with love. I just dont know that it's immediately apparent or will ever be interpreted by those who hear it as love.

I've got lots of favorite verses. In fact, I have one i learned recently depsite having read Proverbs a number of times. Still not sure how i missed it before:

He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor. (Proverbs 14:31)

Um yeah ok. the "levity" thing went by you. Got it. A lot of people here just never lighten up!

So you have NEVER categorized any group fo people? Liberals are..., Conservs are... You've NEVER said something like "Lazy people suck."
I stand in the presence of greatness!

So enough about me. I mean, unless you really think I'm all that in a hat.

The verse you post is interesting. Right now Conservatives are screaming their heads off about cutting entitlement programs such as welfare, WIC, the blind etc...
Jesus said that and LOTS of verses that seem to be in conflict with this.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, see this is why it's never worth it to discuss the bible, which is holy, with someone whose only objective is to profane it.

PS...as is obvious from your bastardization of the bible, you have no interest in what the verse means, or in learning anything from it. Your sole focus is to ridicule both the Word itself, to degrade it, and to use it in what you think is a "clever" way as a political tool.

The verse you post is interesting. Right now Conservatives are screaming their heads off about cutting entitlement programs such as welfare, WIC, the blind etc...
Jesus said that and LOTS of verses that seem to be in conflict with this.

Your thoughts?

The Lord tells us to provide for the poor. Not to outsource our responsibility to the poor to others.

Forum List

Back